The Tennis Thread (Part 25)

1277278279280281283»

Comments

• Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    Watson won 6-1 4-6 6-4. another 3 set victory :) doubles match is happening atm.

Konta lost 5-7 6-0 6-7
    Back to back wins for Hev. Konta scoreline is just bizarre...I smell a 2nd set tank.
    "I think it was obvious I was a little mentally tired today. Onto the next one... I play my next match on Friday. Goodnight.. and thanks for the support everybody. xx"

From Azarenka's Facebook. A teeny bit disrespectful to Jankovic? Or is it just me who read it that way :o
    Doesn't seem to be much love lost between Vika and JJ.
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    Totally. There are good reasons for her poor showing this year, but it must still be incredibly demoralising, so some decent form now will do her the world of good for the off-season.

I don't expect Radwanska to beat Williams, but I'd like it to be a respectable. She seems so resigned to lose, it makes me sad.
    TH14 wrote: »
    Azarenka has lost focus..wasn't she in Australia recently with Redfoo? Not ideal preparation and it seems she's taken her eye off the ball a bit. Poor Aga, she got obliterated again by a below par Serena. She has a lot of thinking to do in the off season because unless she bulks up and gets some power she will never compete with the big guns so if she's happy to plateau then fair enough but she needs to make changes if she wants to progress
    BIB - Aga comes across as pretty defeatist about her chances of winning a slam...well, Serena is a formidable gatekeeper.

It's just a bad matchup, particularly on slow/high bouncing HC. Aga's flimsy groundies don't trouble Serena at all and the variety doesn't work either.

Istanbul's surface is ridiculously slow for an indoor tournament. :sleep:
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aga had her golden opportunity at Wimbledon...I doubt she'll ever come so close to winning a slam again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azarenka has lost focus..wasn't she in Australia recently with Redfoo? Not ideal preparation and it seems she's taken her eye off the ball a bit. Poor Aga, she got obliterated again by a below par Serena. She has a lot of thinking to do in the off season because unless she bulks up and gets some power she will never compete with the big guns so if she's happy to plateau then fair enough but she needs to make changes if she wants to progress

yeah, the commentators keep making sure we know this ;)
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps to film her cameo in his new video. You can see her around the 2 minute mark :o
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps to film her cameo in his new video. You can see her around the 2 minute mark :o

Should probably have included the link too :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9DiGlZksU
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The YEC is incredibly dull this year:yawn:
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The YEC is incredibly dull this year:yawn:

There's a feeling Serena just turned up to collect the trophy. Hopefully the knockout stages will be more exciting.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 3 setter for Heather. Final set just started.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cilic has had his ban reduced to four months.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,952
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The Tennis Thread (Part 26)
This discussion has been closed.