Options

eastenders 2nd Oct shoot to kill

Comments

• Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Supercalifragilisticexpialadocius!
    Sorry but there is no excuse. She threatened to kill someone and told them that with a safety off. She is a dangerous woman and I am guessing a very unwell one as I cant think she that evil. And yes it is a evil thing to do. I know first hand about the damage that can do to even if the trigger isn't pulled.
    Now Phil will be smart enough to save his hide, Ronnie's and Sharon's not reporting it. But she needs help as I don't want her written off as someone that awful. I would prefer to think she is unwell. She could be redeemed for her part here.

Sorry the moment she pointed a gun and threatened to kill them like tonight you take it to a new level and no cheating, stealing or nasty remarks compares and I find it worrying that any different could come of that. I get you love Shirley and maybe you don't understand the implications of such actions but its very serious matter.
    I'm not justifying it, pointing a loaded gun is dangerous, but the fact remains that she didn't intend to shoot anyone. Why didn't Sharon just leave the house with Phil? Shirley was defeated. Phil knew she wasn't going to shoot either of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This. People go to prison for this not just for having the gun its actually considered a violent offense and it carries a jail term. And rightly so it is a very damaging thing to through.
    but questions would be asked about where she got the gun from and that would implicate Sharon, Ronnie and Phil.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    To be fair she wouldn't have had any dirt on Phil in the first place if he hadn't slept with her.

They are now equal as he did use her then cruelly dump her. That's the only reason she blabbed. If he now blabs to Mick that'll stop them from being equal. I hope he doesn't do it.

What Phil did to Shirley tonight was below the belt. It made him feel sick to sleep with her yet he did it more than once? Is Sharon really going to fall for that?

Shirley wasn't cheating on anyone. Phil was. The affair wasn't all Shirley's fault and Sharon's a mug if she really believes that. Phil saying that stuff about Shirley doesn't change the fact he slept with her.

Sharon did it for the same reason Shirley did it to her, to hurt her like she is hurting, you heard her say it herself she didn't care why, she wanted Shirley to hear it and why not at least it wasn't in front of everyone.

Shirley isn't stupid nor a child she a grown woman, she like Sharon knows what Phil is about, if he wasn't going to leave Sharon straight away then she shouldn't be so stupid to assume he ever would.

She is really in no place to call anyone weak when it concerns Phil, she forgave him for both Glenda and Rainie.

Yeah Sharon is a idiot for forgiving him but I don't blame Sharon, she got more to lose then Shirley if she just ups and leaves out of the relationship.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not feel for Sharon because she has been turned into the world's biggest mug - is there anything Philth could do that would make her walk away?

No.

Sharon has not be turned into anything. She said her self, she was like this with men and named Grant and Den.
    Phil did the decent thing about not blurting out Shirley's secret even though she deserved it

Well not sure Shirley would deserve that, i just don't think Phil wanted to hurt her anymore. Maybe come Xmas he will as revenge or Sharon will.
    Sorry but there is no excuse. She threatened to kill someone and told them that with a safety off. She is a dangerous woman and I am guessing a very unwell one as I cant think she that evil. And yes it is a evil thing to do. I know first hand about the damage that can do to even if the trigger isn't pulled.
    Now Phil will be smart enough to save his hide, Ronnie's and Sharon's not reporting it. But she needs help as I don't want her written off as someone that awful. I would prefer to think she is unwell. She could be redeemed for her part here.

Sorry the moment she pointed a gun and threatened to kill them like tonight you take it to a new level and no cheating, stealing or nasty remarks compares and I find it worrying that any different could come of that. I get you love Shirley and maybe you don't understand the implications of such actions but its very serious matter.

Spot on like all your points tonight :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Twas alright I suppose
    but questions would be asked about where she got the gun from and that would implicate Sharon, Ronnie and Phil.

Philth was asked to get rid of the gun and he just left it where anyone could find it. He never even noticed it was missing....roll eyes.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    I'm not justifying it, pointing a loaded gun is dangerous, but the fact remains that she didn't intend to shoot anyone. Why didn't Sharon just leave the house with Phil? Shirley was defeated. Phil knew she wasn't going to shoot either of them.

I agree. Not condoning it but just saying that it wasn't black and white.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Up until the gun came out, they had both been vile to each other. Both humiliated each other.No one can deny that both Sharon humiliated Shirley just as Shirley humiliated Sharon. I like that it wasn't black and white, I think Shirley took the gun to show Phil that Sharon had it but after all the riling and humiliation, pointing the gun was a way for her to gain the upper hand, the actual shot was fired as Shirley and Sharon grappled, wasn't it?

Can we put into perspective here, they are fighting over Phil Mitchell?:o

Well Dawn - played by Kara who is one of the most beautiful young actresses in the country - thought shagging Philth in the Arches was the pinnacle of romantic delight! :o

That's TPTB for you! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    [/B]

Well Dawn - played by Kara who is one of the most beautiful young actresses in the country - thought shagging Philth in the Arches was the pinnacle of romantic delight! :o

Shocking, absolutely shocking.:o

He is the Hugh Hefner of Walford....:D:D
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member

That's why I said Phil isn't being Mr Nice guy not reporting it he is saving his own hide and that of Ronnie and Sharon.
    Phil and Ronnie with their previous would get shortish sentences (unless Ronnie is still on probation she might get a longer one?). Sharon as a first offense would probably escape jail but she would have a record and couldn't be landlady of the Albert.

Shirley would get the longest of the lot. The mere act of pointing a loaded gun at someone is considered a serious violent offense. But the others would all lose out here.
    But trust me what Shirley did was truly evil or she isn't too well. And I really hope its the latter. As I could see her getting help, moving on and caring about her family then Phil. She is much more likeable in those brief scenes than her obsessing over Phil.
    But this minimising of her crime just worries me its not something you just get over.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

Dawn was not exactly a good girl was she :D broke up the good doc's marriage. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'not black and white' that's an excellent summary. I know there are some posters who would have loved Shirley to have deliberately shot him, leaving her looking like a massive villain with no room to come back from this, but unfortunately for them it didn't play out that way.

I'm not saying she was in the right for brandishing the gun about and even contemplating shooting him but the way things happened showed she didn't have it in her to outright pull the trigger and that's instrumental in the character being able to move on from this.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but as much as I like Shirley as a character and as fab as Linda was tonight, there is no situation unless you're defending yourself, where pointing a loaded gun at someone is acceptable

Regardless of the situation, Shirley caused it aswell
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I said Phil isn't being Mr Nice guy not reporting it he is saving his own hide and that of Ronnie and Sharon.
    Phil and Ronnie with their previous would get shortish sentences (unless Ronnie is still on probation she might get a longer one?). Sharon as a first offense would probably escape jail but she would have a record and couldn't be landlady of the Albert.

Shirley would get the longest of the lot. The mere act of pointing a loaded gun at someone is considered a serious violent offense. But the others would all lose out here.
    But trust me what Shirley did was truly evil or she isn't too well. And I really hope its the latter. As I could see her getting help, moving on and caring about her family then Phil. She is much more likeable in those brief scenes than her obsessing over Phil.
    But this minimising of her crime just worries me its not something you just get over.

I don't think the TPTB have the guts to commit to another mental health storyline, Ronnie was a prime example but was pretty much sweep under the carpet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Yeah Sharon is a idiot for forgiving him but I don't blame Sharon, she got more to loose then Shirley if she just ups and leaves out of the relationship.
    So she stays with him for material things? she owns half of the albert doesn't she, so could start again if she wanted to but the problem with Sharon is she can't stay single for longer than a few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    Anyone else interested in Babes reaction to Shirley and Phil? Demons in her past we are yet to know about?
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    Decent episode, could have been better, could have been worse.

I actually thought Sharon was deliciously camp in the Shirl humiliation scene. Though the ultimate icing on the cake would have been her ending on 'and now that's all cleared up, I'm off... bye Phil...'.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Anyone else interested in Babes reaction to Shirley and Phil? Demons in her past we are yet to know about?

Less said about Babe the better. Weakest of the Carters along with Lee. I hope she goes sadly I worry the wonderful Timothy West will leave before her :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness she wouldn't have even been there if they hadn't invited her over. She only brought the gun out of her pocket after they goaded her and even then she wasn't pointing it at anyone.

I can't condone what she did after that but she was on the edge. I do think Shirley has some unresolved issues, it's not big or clever to goad anyone who's vulnerable like that. They could see what sort of a state she was in. All 3 of them have been in the wrong at various points of this storyline.

And yes I understand the seriousness of pointing a gun at someone, it is dangerous and I don't condone it, but I understand Shirley's motivations, and the fact the gun didn't go off deliberately allows me to keep investing in the character. Even if she had shot him deliberately, she's obviously not in her right frame of mind at the moment so even then her character would have a way back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    Sorry but as much as I like Shirley as a character and as fab as Linda was tonight, there is no situation unless you're defending yourself, where pointing a loaded gun at someone is acceptable

I'm not saying it was right, I would never condone anyone aiming a gun at someone but I was merely saying there were contributing factors and it wasn't black or white.
    Shirley, Sharon and Phil are all too blame. The three of them together are toxic.

Linda H played a blinder but that's nothing new, she is always brilliant imo.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So she stays with him for material things? she owns half of the albert doesn't she, so could start again if she wanted to but the problem with Sharon is she can't stay single for longer than a few months.

stability for her child.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was okely dokely

BIB - I think this is where the writers are going, it's like Lisa Fowler all over again.
    Phil plays emotional mind games with women to quite a high extent, if the gun hadn't become "available" to Shirley she would never have gone looking to access one.

What I do worry about though is the fact that Phil never revealed to Mick the truth about Shirley, I don't want the Phil and Shirley relationshit carry on, however I don't think the writers are finished with it yet. Even though Shirley ruined his wedding he still didn't really voluntarily and vindictively want to say the "sick" things to Shirley, Sharon left him with little choice.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was okely dokely
    stability for her child.

Living with Phil isn't going to get that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Decent episode, could have been better, could have been worse.

I actually thought Sharon was deliciously camp in the Shirl humiliation scene. Though the ultimate icing on the cake would have been her ending on 'and now that's all cleared up, I'm off... bye Phil...'.
    I didn't like them humiliating Shirley but that would've been great for Sharon's character development.

I want both of these women to come out of this stronger and wash their hands of Phil. Unfortunately it looks like Sharon is ok with Phil cheating on her repeatedly because it made him feel sick.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,360
    Forum Member

Yes of course which is probably why Phil won't want it reported rather than any residual feelings of affection for her.

How he is going to explain a bullet wound to the Hospital is quite another matter though. They have a duty to report any such injuries to the Police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was okely dokely
    Less said about Babe the better. Weakest of the Carters along with Lee. I hope she goes sadly I worry the wonderful Timothy West will leave before her :(

Really? I really like Babe, I find her intriguing. Haha.

Oh no! Tim West has been brilliant - all the references about Stan not being around much longer makes me think he will leave in the next year or so. He has been delightful so far as Stan though. I think he has darker side..