Why isn't Rex bookies favourite to win?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincy82 wrote: »
    Ijust love him to win, but I think Darnell might. Not that I mind that either. As far as common sense goes I think he and Darnell have a lot in common.

I liked Darnell, but lately there's something about him that bothers me.....it's as though he doesn't care what people have said about him coz he doesn't wanna be left on the outside of the group who are perceived in the house to have all the public support.

I thought it was amazing when he stood up for Mo after he had been spat at - he just seems to have faded a little bit :(

Hope when Jen leaves, the house changes because people realise the treatment of Rex has been bad and that the popular group are in fact unpopular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Rex is really popular at the moment, because he's been the target of Jen and her clique, who are really unpopular, because he's quite good looking, and because he's fairly straight talking and genuine.

However, there are still two months left of the show, and during that time Rex is more likely than someone like Darnell or Rachel to end up doing something to piss of the GBP. While he's very popular at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a fall from grace.

True. He's a decent man - but I really am shocked by the massively positive reactions to him on all fronts. He's almost on Grace's level when it comes to arrogance, yet because he's fortunately been the target of many unpleasant/unpopular HMs, and dealt with them calmly and competently, his bad points aren't ever mentioned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rex isn't going to win because he is a "rich boy". In the grand scheme of things he doesn't need the money. If it was down to him and Kat/Mo/Darnell for the title. The public would pick one of them over him.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex was 16.5 weeks ago, just when Rexmania was starting.

Then some how his odds lengthened to rediculus lengths, I am sure 28 at one point, so they are shortening again quite rapidly

Yep they are. If he stays they will zoom down as he is fast becoming the fav. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybergirl3 wrote: »
    Rex isn't going to win because he is a "rich boy". In the grand scheme of things he doesn't need the money. If it was down to him and Kat/Mo/Darnell for the title. The public would pick one of them over him.

"Yeah, I was going to win Big Brother, but my brother had already won it, except it was a gold Big Brother that you could only get in Japan and it's now worth £200,000" *yawn*
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member
    I think there are strong possibilities he may get evicted as he is likely to get nominated + there is also the fact he looks on a couple of occasions set to walk
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because he's the most likely to walk.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybergirl3 wrote: »

I suppose he could always give the money to charity. That would neutralize the "rich boy" problem.;)
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    ch1ps wrote: »
    You missed the value, I'm on @ 28/1 :p

Gutted! I'm not far behind though, 26 to 1. Yeah baby.
  • Options
    Tom-Cool2Tom-Cool2 Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The possiblilty of him walking?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say that it is because -

a) He's the one most likely to walk.

b) He's likely to be nominated each week & so there's a fair chance he'll be up against one of the red hot favourites & be voted out.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    MeganG wrote: »
    I'd say that it is because -

a) He's the one most likely to walk.

b) He's likely to be nominated each week & so there's a fair chance he'll be up against one of the red hot favourites & be voted out.

My take on the situation exactly, but I think if he stays in he's got a fighting chance and he had the best odds of the potential 3 winners (Kat, Darnell, and him).
  • Options
    has_m11has_m11 Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand why he's the most popular HM on polls. The picture-gate didn't make him look good IMO, compared to team bitch it did, but he was the one who started it all by smearing the painting so I don't see how that paints him in a positive light. The only people who came across well in that fight were Sylvia, Darnell and Mario - one of which was evicted the next day to a chorus of boos.

If people are sympathising with him because of his treatment by team bitch then why isn't Mo popular as well? He is also quite clearly one of their targets.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris_sw wrote: »
    "Yeah, I was going to win Big Brother, but my brother had already won it, except it was a gold Big Brother that you could only get in Japan and it's now worth £200,000" *yawn*

Post Of The Day:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might put a few quid on him being in the last four, I can see him doing that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris_sw wrote: »

I was going to respond with a :confused: smilie.
    But, it all came back to me :D:D:D .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    ch1ps wrote: »
    You missed the value, I'm on @ 28/1 :p

Me too - I saw quite early on that he had some potential:D
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I got money on him at 29, will lay off later on when his odds have come down a lot.