Options

do you think the pyramids in egypt are proof aliens exist?

Comments

• Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    Yes but the thing is facts are always possibilitys.
    No, no they are not :D

It is a fact they believed a giant Dung Beetle God pushed the sun however in no way is it possible that a giant Dung Beetle God pushes the sun. :p
    What about when facts are proven in real life like the pyramid predicting world war 1
    No, no they didn't :D

Certain cranks have claimed that the Pyramids predicted such things in the same way that cranks claim Nostradamus predicted everything under the sun. That people have claimed the pyramids predicted the war is, and this is the important bit, not the same as the pyramids actually predicting the war. Oddly these predictions are only found once an event has happpened and never before :p

I can claim that my cat spoke to me this morning and predicted this weekend's lottery numbers and the fact that I made such a claim would be a fact. However that is not the same as him actually doing that (and obviously I will only confirm the numbers he told me after this Saturday's draw...and I won't buy a ticket beforehand because my cat made me promise not to, he was just showing off).
    And wow i am interested to find out more about houdini, has anyone ever actually managed to copy all his tricks?
    Yes, yes they have :D

And help yourself. I'm afraid I'm not aware of any children's book that covers his life. :p
    If not then it could be a fact he knew magic
    No, no it couldn't. :D

And no, no he didn't :D
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry i cant do that. Tried myself and nothing came up
    In the book it says the great pyramid is a mathmatical horoscope and the institute of pyramidology in london has proved it has predicted the future - jesus being crucified, world war 1 and the world is gona end in 2979AD. Thats all i got

There is no Institute of Pyramidolgy in London.

However....pyramidology:

'Pyramidology is regarded as pseudoscience by scientists today, who regard such hypotheses as sensationalist, inaccurate and/or wholly deficient in empirical analysis and application of the scientific method.'
  • Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    My final post on this rubbish:

1. why do you need a compass to align to the north pole?

well are you suggesting they walked in a straight line from the nole pole to the great pyramid :confused:

2. It is directly in line to the stars..........there are billions of stars in the Milky Way alone.......which stars?

the belt of orion

http://raphaelonline.com/Osiris_Orion.jpg
    3. the shape stops animals decomposing........no, it doesn't - that is utter b*llox and has been utterly discredited

no it hasnt

"Bill Kerell is a researcher who experimented with pyramids for about 17 years. He has done many experiments using brine shrimp. Brine shrimp usually live 6 to 7 weeks; but under the pyramids, Bill has kept them alive for over a year. He also noticed that pyramid-grown shrimp grew two to three times larger than normal."

"A Canadian hospital tried using a pyramid in their burn ward. The results were that after being under the pyramid for a few minutes, the patients' pain started to reduce.
    They also found that burns areas healed much faster."

http://www.pyramid-cafe.in/Power.html
    4. As had been said before - you do not need a tape measure to mark out distance.

yes but what are the chances of it being virtually accurate
    5. read the links about pulley systems p- they work and have done for thousands of years - but you know now that don't you?

ok then
    6. Pyramid = status as befitting the great Pharoahs of Egypt as well as afterlife, etc. No different to any of the other mausolea found all over the world, ancient and modern

no pyramids symbolished eternal life, and climbing to the afterlife. it was only bigger than usual cos they could afford to
    7. How do you know who was the first person to break into the Kings tomb? You can only talk about the person who entered in modern, recorded time. The body had been removed probably by the priests, as many tombs were subjected to tomb robbers, so that the body would not be damaged/destroyed. Many mummies of Pharoahs have been found hidden together in small tombs/caves to protect them from robbers

wouldnt that defeat the point of building the pyramid in the first place? they spend 20 years building this great big pyramid for them then bury them in some dingy little cave
    8. Have you any idea how difficult it is not get to the kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. You have to crawl through a narrow confined tunnel up and down a slope for a long long way....it is nasty, claustropheric, airless, massively uncomfortable, and simply scary. People do collapse, due to exhaustion, muscle fatigue, difficulty in breathing, and as a result of the claustrophia.

i suppose

If anything, Yappy, you have completed debunked the idea that you are doing any sort of law degree, or any sort of FE for that matter. Unable to undertake proper research. Unable to differentiate between fact and fiction. Unable to understand how human thought and ideas develop.
    But you do make a good troll!:D

thats your opnion not fact lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KidMoe wrote: »
    Yes, but some sources are rather more credible than others.

As good as the HH books are (and they are good, for what they are), a book designed for key stages 2-3 is going to present a rather watered down version of events that really shouldn't be relied upon too heavily, much as you wouldn't expect a "...for dummies" book to be the definative volume of, well, anything.

yes it just has the basic facts and ideas doesnt mean its not true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Yappy, do you have any actual, proper, scientific links and studies?.

You just keep posting blatant nonsensical websites full of discredited pseudo science and made up crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "A Canadian hospital tried using a pyramid in their burn ward. The results were that after being under the pyramid for a few minutes, the patients' pain started to reduce.

Perhaps if you managed to link to a website that didn't use a vivid colour as it's backdrop people might take them more seriously.

Like, for example, a link to a known medical journal that backed up such a claim. Or an NHS announcement that Pyramids were bing installed in all NHS hospitals given the conclussive proof that they improve healing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do know the so called Institute of Pyramidolgy is just a few idiots who believe all sorts of nonsense about pyramids having special healing powers and all that crap don't you?.

Tell you what, I shall create a website all about how Yappy is really a 45 year old single bloke called Derek from Norfolk, who has never had a girlfriend in his life, lives with his mummy and breastfed until he was 30. It must be true, cos it'll be on the internet. :D

:mad::mad::mad: yuck. well that is not true and and you are probaly describing yourself so wadeva

'a few idiots' well actually the american institute of pyramidology has over 1000 members plus more who are probaly undercover.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    :mad::mad::mad: yuck. well that is not true and and you are probaly describing yourself so wadeva

'a few idiots' well actually the american institute of pyramidology has over 1000 members plus more who are probaly undercover.

How is it not true?.

It will be on the internet, complete with a horrible web design and colour scheme straight out of 1997
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member

Scientology has 25,000 members in the US.

That doesn't stop it being complete bollocks.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you think the pyramids in egypt are proof aliens exist?

err, no. Next question.
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

plus more who are probaly undercover.
    I like the idea of undercover pyramidologists - cells, sleeper agents, handlers, all very cloak and dagger. Like Smiley's People for the insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Population of America 313,376,000

Members of the AIP 2,000 (let's be generous in our estimate)

Percentage of the US population 0.0006%

If we were to scale that down to UK terms (with a population of 62,262,000) it would give a membership of 397 people. Therefore I would argue that "a few" is a valid term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    How is it not true?.

It will be on the internet, complete with a horrible web design and colour scheme straight out of 1997

True :D

Don't forget about the videos on YouTube made with just pictures and text from Windows Movie Maker, garnished with a Microsoft Sam voiceover and sinister music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well are you suggesting they walked in a straight line from the nole pole to the great pyramid :confused:

North can be determined using the sun; look outside, see where the sun rises, that's east, and it sets in the west. With east directly to your right, north is right in front of you. And distance can be accurate without a tape measure. Use a piece of rope/string for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the belt of orion

http://raphaelonline.com/Osiris_Orion.jpg

no it hasnt

"Bill Kerell is a researcher who experimented with pyramids for about 17 years. He has done many experiments using brine shrimp. Brine shrimp usually live 6 to 7 weeks; but under the pyramids, Bill has kept them alive for over a year. He also noticed that pyramid-grown shrimp grew two to three times larger than normal."

ok then

no pyramids symbolished eternal life, and climbing to the afterlife. it was only bigger than usual cos they could afford to

wouldnt that defeat the point of building the pyramid in the first place? they spend 20 years building this great big pyramid for them then bury them in some dingy little cave

i suppose

thats your opnion not fact lol

1. , you can find north by finding the North Star, also known as Polaris. The one star in the night sky that doesn't move with the rotation of the Earth, Polaris is the last star at the end of the Little Dipper's handle

2. Which star in the Belt of Orion? There are three.

3. There is not a single reputable scientific journal that backs up this claim

4. As a it is constant, it will be accurate.Cut a piece of wood or string to a useful length, make exact copies (very easy), only use this length for whatever you are making. Easy

5. Pyramids fulfilled several aims not just the afterlife

6.Many mummies were taken from their original burial places to protect the body from violation or destruction....as I said before. Tomb robbery was extremely common on ancient Egypt (and other civilisations). They were moved protect the body
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    No, no they are not :D

It is a fact they believed a giant Dung Beetle God pushed the sun however in no way is it possible that a giant Dung Beetle God pushes the sun. :p

maybe they didnt believe in a literal dung beetle. maybe, it symbolised their god aka aliens.

look i have just googled what the beetle symbolised

"The sky, representing a similar symmetrical medium to the water, has resulted in variant inversions of the creation myths. Among the Sumatran Toba, a big beetle brings a ball of matter from the sky to form the world. This beetle could be a scarab. (Egyptian and Greeks believed scarabs were able to fly while carrying a dung ball.)"

http://www.insects.org/ced1/beetles_rel_sym.html

what if this big beetle represented aliens :eek:

No, no they didn't :D

Certain cranks have claimed that the Pyramids predicted such things in the same way that cranks claim Nostradamus predicted everything under the sun. That people have claimed the pyramids predicted the war is, and this is the important bit, not the same as the pyramids actually predicting the war. Oddly these predictions are only found once an event has happpened and never before :p

I can claim that my cat spoke to me this morning and predicted this weekend's lottery numbers and the fact that I made such a claim would be a fact. However that is not the same as him actually doing that (and obviously I will only confirm the numbers he told me after this Saturday's draw...and I won't buy a ticket beforehand because my cat made me promise not to, he was just showing off).

Yes, yes they have :D

And help yourself. I'm afraid I'm not aware of any children's book that covers his life. :p

No, no it couldn't. :D

And no, no he didn't :D

well they do predict the world is gona end in 2979AD! and thats in the future
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Population of America 313,376,000

Members of the AIP 2,000 (let's be generous in our estimate)

Percentage of the US population 0.0006%

If we were to scale that down to UK terms (with a population of 62,262,000) it would give a membership of 397 people. Therefore I would argue that "a few" is a valid term.

as opposed to the membership of 'scholarly' Egyptology oraganisations throughout the world;)
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    yes it just has the basic facts and ideas doesnt mean its not true

I'm not saying the information in the book isn't true, It's rather daft to think though that it would be in anyway comprehensive. For example, it might have the statement:

"The pyramids were build without the aid of a compass". This is true, but it's not exactly the whole story. It's very easy to determine which way is north without a compass.

Have you heard of crannogs? Basically they are partially or entirely artificial islands with roundhouses on top, typically built over water in Scotland and Ireland some as early as ~3000 BC.

There is a modern reproduction of one on Loch Tay, which they constructed as far as possible using traditional methods but they still had to resort to modern tools and chainsaws in the end. The point being is that the people struggling to recreate such a structure did not draw the conclusion that every crannog must had been built by aliens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is no Institute of Pyramidolgy in London.

However....pyramidology:

'Pyramidology is regarded as pseudoscience by scientists today, who regard such hypotheses as sensationalist, inaccurate and/or wholly deficient in empirical analysis and application of the scientific method.'

yes there is it says so in my horrible histories book

and also on google

"Adam Rutherford founded the institute in London, England, in 1940, and it became an international body a year later with the launching of Pyramidology Magazine, with special emphasis on "Divine Revelation" and prophecies. The Institute for Pyramidology is located at...." blah blah
    Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/pyramids-and-pyramidology#ixzz1sU13sQpS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes there is it says so in my horrible histories book

and also on google

"Adam Rutherford founded the institute in London, England, in 1940, and it became an international body a year later with the launching of Pyramidology Magazine, with special emphasis on "Divine Revelation" and prophecies. The Institute for Pyramidology is located at...." blah blah
    Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/pyramids-and-pyramidology#ixzz1sU13sQpS

There are hundreds and thousands of reputable,well-researched,well written, and well respected books written about ancient Egypt both scholarly and for the general reader . Just as there are many Egyptology studies organisations around the world who conduct reseach on a proper scientific basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what if this big beetle represented aliens :eek:
    Then the fact that the sun does not in fact move across the heavens makes that idea wrong as well :D
    Well they do predict the world is gona end in 2979AD! and thats in the future
    Well then, when that comes true feel free to pop back on and point it out and I will apologise. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1. , you can find north by finding the North Star, also known as Polaris. The one star in the night sky that doesn't move with the rotation of the Earth, Polaris is the last star at the end of the Little Dipper's handle

i suppose
    2. Which star in the Belt of Orion? There are three.

all 3 pyramids of giza are aligned exactly with the stars in the belt of orion in position and size

3. There is not a single reputable scientific journal that backs up this claim

global warming was supposed to reputable too. that turned out to be nothing more than a scam

4. As a it is constant, it will be accurate.Cut a piece of wood or string to a useful length, make exact copies (very easy), only use this length for whatever you are making. Easy

not really easy considering the size of the pyramid. we make more errors creating all these big buildings these days with modern equipment and accurate tools

5. Pyramids fulfilled several aims not just the afterlife

main aim was the afterlife.

6.Many mummies were taken from their original burial places to protect the body from violation or destruction....as I said before. Tomb robbery was extremely common on ancient Egypt (and other civilisations). They were moved protect the body

what would be the point in building the tomb to protect the body only to move the body?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could we build the great wall of china today? Could we build stone henge without mechanical equipment or cranes? Perhaps the situation is simply that the human race has moved on and prefers to use different tools and approaches to get things done.. that and the idea of many many human slaves being killed in the process of constructing something is no longer acceptable.

Show the human race of 1,000 years ago sky scapers of today and ask them who put them on earth, and they'd probably say aliens.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

How long is a piece of string? ;)
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    For the sake of sanity!! He's playing you all like a fiddle.