Options

do you think the pyramids in egypt are proof aliens exist?

Comments

• Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Because 121 people actually know a bit about the subject.

Explain how a highly advanced alien race, capable of building spacecraft capable of travelling at, or faster than light speed, across the galaxy to Earth, couldn't build skyscapers, couldn't teach ancient man how to mine and extract materials other than stone and left ancient man to use stone and buildings techniques that had been going on, and improving and refining, for hundreds of years?.

You completely ignore the facts that there are older pyramids in Egypt that show the progression, how they learnt over time to refine their techniques, how their pyramids got bigger and bigger as they learnt new skills.

You completely ignore the facts that modern experimentation has show it IS possible for ancient man to have built the pyramids.

You completely ignore all of the links that have been given, that show your "aliens" theory to be a complete pile of pish.

You completely ignore all the evidence that shows odd skeletons have a perfectly earthbound explanation and still go on, has been seen to go on, and has been documented.

You simply do not want to learn anything. You saw a website designed by a 14 year old conspiracy theoriest, that has writings that have long since been debunked and proven wrong, and accept that over a huge wealth of scientific evidence from better educated people all around the World.

Oh dear.

Okay well after reading that i guess you may be right that i am ignoring all the scientific evidence out there because the thing is for some reason i just really think the aliens made it.

I find it hard to believe in what these government experts and people say ever since those emails from nasa were leaked when the leading scientist was faking global warming basically. I mean why fake global warming. If the governements of the world are faking that then god knows what else they are covering up.

Dont you think there is even a chance the aliens out there could have built the great pyramid. Im not talking about all pyramids just the great one.

Seen as:

* its directly in line with the north pole even tho they had no compasses in those days
    * its directly in line with the stars
    * the shape of the pyramid stops animals who wandered inside from decomposing. how in the world would anyone be able to do that? some out of world forces are at work here
    * the biggest mistake in the great pyramid was that one of the sides was 20cm longer than the other and they had no accurate tape measures in those days
    * the stones were so heavy. surely a rope and pulley system cant lift a stone that weighs 285 tons :eek:
    * building a pyramid would be kinda pointless and a waste of manpower. surely they had better things to do unless this pyramid had some great purpose which is why it was named the great pyramid
    * even when the first person broke into the kings chamber his body was nowhere to be found to this day and seen as the great pyramid represents eternal life and has already proved it stops animals decomposing it all sounds a bit fishy to me
    * napoleon dying on his deathbed was still scared to death of what he saw in the great pyramid
    * visitors often faint or go into shock when they reach the centre of the great pyramid
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it was a less messy variation of Jenga.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    yappy wrote: »
    Okay well after reading that i guess you may be right that i am ignoring all the scientific evidence out there because the thing is for some reason i just really think the aliens made it.

I find it hard to believe in what these government experts and people say ever since those emails from nasa were leaked when the leading scientist was faking global warming basically. I mean why fake global warming. If the governements of the world are faking that then god knows what else they are covering up.

Dont you think there is even a chance the aliens out there could have built the great pyramid. Im not talking about all pyramids just the great one.

Seen as:

* its directly in line with the north pole even tho they had no compasses in those days
    * the shape of the pyramid stops animals who wandered inside from decomposing. how in the world would anyone be able to do that? some out of world forces are at work here
    * the biggest mistake in the great pyramid was that one of the sides was 20cm longer than the other and they had no accurate tape measures in those days
    * the stones were so heavy. surely a rope and pulley system cant lift a stone that weighs 285 tons :eek:
    * building a pyramid would be kinda pointless and a waste of manpower. surely they had better things to do unless this pyramid had some great purpose which is why it was named the great pyramid
    * even when the first person broke into the kings chamber his body was nowhere to be found to this day and seen as the great pyramid represents eternal life and has already proved it stops animals decomposing it all sounds a bit fishy to me
    * napoleon dying on his deathbed was still scared to death of what he saw in the great pyramid
    * visitors often faint or go into shock when they reach the centre of the great pyramid

Can I have some references with my bullshit please?

Your LLB must be going so well considering you're obviously not studying and instead on here posting crap all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    What's so funny about that? :confused:

Cos i expected most people to believe they were proof of aliens same as me duh! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What sort of car....mini? Bentley? SUV? Estate? All vastly different in weight.

As I said before about ropes and pulleys- you know nothing about engineering and obviously do not wish to know.

It just says 'modern cars'

Okay i have been trying to googling this but came up with no answers.

What force is needed to lift a 285 tonne brick witha rope and pulley system
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can I have some references with my bullshit please?

Your LLB must be going so well considering you're obviously not studying and instead on here posting crap all the time.

:rolleyes:

My horrible histories book, buy it if you dont believe me

Oh and i missed off my list- it is also a mathmatical horoscope and has predicted future events that have come true
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiction = opinion aka a story

non fiction = fact

taken from wikipedia

"Non-fiction (or nonfiction) is the form of any narrative, account, or other communicative work whose assertions and descriptions are understood to be factual."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fiction

It is a fact that the Ancient Egyptians believed the sun was pushed across the sky by Khepri, a giant scarab beetle. It is also a fact that they believed the sun disapeared every night and was reborn each morning.

These facts can happily appear in a non-fiction book (such as Horrible Histories), I have not just made up a story about how the Egyptians believed those things. They did, their belief in such things is a fact.

However, the sun being pushed across the sky by a dung beetle is not a fact. Their belief was a fiction.

It is a fact that to cure blindness the Ancient Egyptians mixed up mashed pigs' eyes, honey and red ochre, before pouring it into the patient's ear. Such a fact can, again, happily appear in a non-fiction book. However pigs' eyes, honey and red ochre does not cure blindness.

It is a fact that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle believed in the afterlife and furthermore believed that Houdinni could really work magic. These are facts suitable for a non-fiction book. However Houdinni could not really work magic (in fact when he insisted as much to his friend Sir Arthur Conan Doyle the two of them fell out).
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:

My horrible histories book

You mean the picture books designed for 7-11 year olds?
  • Options
    JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    Gawge wrote: »
    There are more impressive feats in ancient history which could suggest "alien involvement". The Baghdad Battery? The Nazca lines?

Maybe you have been watching too much of the History Channel (which no longer has much to do with History)?

the nazca lines are pretty amazing, only viewable from the air though they didnt have airtravel when they were built

its a mystery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMxZRjLzU9o
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Don't feed the troll, captain! :D

Exactly what I was thinking but it's been an entertainment reading the thread, I truly believe that the OP should go to Edinburgh this summer, he'd be a smash hit on the comedy circuit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    KidMoe wrote: »

That's the one.

And this is the same person that wants us to believe she is doing a law degree.

Do they do law books for 7-11 year olds?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    It is a fact that the Ancient Egyptians believed the sun was pushed across the sky by Khepri, a giant scarab beetle. It is also a fact that they believed the sun disapeared every night and was reborn each morning.

These facts can happily appear in a non-fiction book (such as Horrible Histories), I have not just made up a story about how the Egyptians believed those things. They did, their belief in such things is a fact.

However, the sun being pushed across the sky by a dung beetle is not a fact. Their belief was a fiction.

It is a fact that to cure blindness the Ancient Egyptians mixed up mashed pigs' eyes, honey and red ochre, before pouring it into the patient's ear. Such a fact can, again, happily appear in a non-fiction book. However pigs' eyes, honey and red ochre does not cure blindness.

It is a fact that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle believed in the afterlife and furthermore believed that Houdinni could really work magic. These are facts suitable for a non-fiction book. However Houdinni could not really work magic (in fact when he insisted as much to his friend Sir Arthur Conan Doyle the two of them fell out).

Yes but the thing is facts are always possibilitys. What about when facts are proven in real life like the pyramid predicting world war 1

And wow i am interested to find out more about houdini, has anyone ever actually managed to copy all his tricks? If not then it could be a fact he knew magic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but the thing is facts are always possibilitys. What about when facts are proven in real life like the pyramid predicting world war 1

And wow i am interested to find out more about houdini, has anyone ever actually managed to copy all his tricks? If not then it could be a fact he knew magic

How did the pyramid predict WW1 ?.

Link please, I'd be intrigued to know.
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member

You are confusing what are "facts" with what is "twaddle".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KidMoe wrote: »

Hey, books are for people of all ages. And it is non fiction :mad:
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seen as:

My final post on this rubbish:

1. why do you need a compass to align to the north pole?
    2. It is directly in line to the stars..........there are billions of stars in the Milky Way alone.......which stars?
    3. the shape stops animals decomposing........no, it doesn't - that is utter b*llox and has been utterly discredited
    4. As had been said before - you do not need a tape measure to mark out distance.
    5. read the links about pulley systems p- they work and have done for thousands of years - but you know now that don't you?
    6. Pyramid = status as befitting the great Pharoahs of Egypt as well as afterlife, etc. No different to any of the other mausolea found all over the world, ancient and modern
    7. How do you know who was the first person to break into the Kings tomb? You can only talk about the person who entered in modern, recorded time. The body had been removed probably by the priests, as many tombs were subjected to tomb robbers, so that the body would not be damaged/destroyed. Many mummies of Pharoahs have been found hidden together in small tombs/caves to protect them from robbers
    8. Have you any idea how difficult it is not get to the kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. You have to crawl through a narrow confined tunnel up and down a slope for a long long way....it is nasty, claustropheric, airless, massively uncomfortable, and simply scary. People do collapse, due to exhaustion, muscle fatigue, difficulty in breathing, and as a result of the claustrophia.

If anything, Yappy, you have completed debunked the idea that you are doing any sort of law degree, or any sort of FE for that matter. Unable to undertake proper research. Unable to differentiate between fact and fiction. Unable to understand how human thought and ideas develop.
    But you do make a good troll!:D
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the pyramids prove is that the Egyptians had very long whips.
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »

I thought it turned out they were not really built by slaves? Or did I dream that one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the one.

She jumped the shark on the law degree for me when she didn't know the meaning of the word 'matriculate'. Rookie mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moony wrote: »

Most modern Egyptologists no longer believe they were built by slaves, but that doesn't mean "aliens wot did it" as Yappy seems to think. :D
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    I thought it turned out they were not really built by slaves? Or did I dream that one?

No you didn't. They used skilled stonemasons, quarriers(is that a word/), builders, etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did the pyramid predict WW1 ?.

Link please, I'd be intrigued to know.

Sorry i cant do that. Tried myself and nothing came up
    In the book it says the great pyramid is a mathmatical horoscope and the institute of pyramidology in london has proved it has predicted the future - jesus being crucified, world war 1 and the world is gona end in 2979AD. Thats all i got
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    That's the one.

I think they look something like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey, books are for people of all ages. And it is non fiction :mad:

Yes, but some sources are rather more credible than others.

As good as the HH books are (and they are good, for what they are), a book designed for key stages 2-3 is going to present a rather watered down version of events that really shouldn't be relied upon too heavily, much as you wouldn't expect a "...for dummies" book to be the definative volume of, well, anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry i cant do that. Tried myself and nothing came up
    In the book it says the great pyramid is a mathmatical horoscope and the institute of pyramidology in london has proved it has predicted the future - jesus being crucified, world war 1 and the world is gona end in 2979AD. Thats all i got

You do know the so called Institute of Pyramidolgy is just a few idiots who believe all sorts of nonsense about pyramids having special healing powers and all that crap don't you?.

Tell you what, I shall create a website all about how Yappy is really a 45 year old single bloke called Derek from Norfolk, who has never had a girlfriend in his life, lives with his mummy and breastfed until he was 30. It must be true, cos it'll be on the internet. :D