Options

told i look like a spaz!

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Tell your mate she's a spacca, and a right Joey.

Hahaha. That ages us, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Tell your mate she's a spacca, and a right Joey.

A baby kangaroo?:confused::confused::confused:

Something to do with joey essex?:confused::confused:
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha! No pics
    Damn, that's the only reason I came back....
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Cerebral Palsy, and the word spazz, is normally a term used for disabled people, so if you aren't disabled, why the hell use the word.

Still find it hard to believe why the Society which is now SCOPE, used to be the Spastic Society, the one word we hate
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi leopard print!

Post a pic or move along. You can't post a thread like this and not give us a photo to judge it against the original insult!!
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Mad_Dog1 wrote: »
    A baby kangaroo?:confused::confused::confused:

Something to do with joey essex?:confused::confused:

Here, for your viewing pleasure, the story behind Joey Deacon, and a few words from the legend himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UF6iVNkU1g
  • Options
    JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Cerebral Palsy, and the word spazz, is normally a term used for disabled people, so if you aren't disabled, why the hell use the word.

Still find it hard to believe why the Society which is now SCOPE, used to be the Spastic Society, the one word we hate

Me too! The word "Spaz" comes from Spastic Cerebral Palsy which is the disability I have. It means your muscles can get very tight and you can end up making jerking movements with your body. My disability doesn't affect my vocal muscles and mouth like it did for people like Joey Deacon, but even if it does affect your speech it doesn't mean you have any learning disabilities or anything with it.
    I remember being told by someone at school that I "threw a ball like a spaz". I didn't know what the word meant then but now I do I can't stand the word as somehow the word "spastic" equates to being stupid or thick (because that's what people used to think of people who had disabilities like Cerebral Palsy). I hate the word "Mong" too as that has a history of being used to describe people with Downs Syndrome.
    Words like "spaz" are the disability equivalent of the word "n***er" to describe black people. It's sad that it is still being used.:(
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being told by someone at school that I "threw a ball like a spaz". I didn't know what the word meant then but now I do I can't stand the word as somehow the word "spastic" equates to being stupid or thick (because that's what people used to think of people who had disabilities like Cerebral Palsy). I hate the word "Mong" too as that has a history of being used to describe people with Downs Syndrome.

Back in the late 60's/early 70's the words spaz and mong were common nicknames amongst fellow pupils at my school, how times have changed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A so-called friend at work had told me i look like a spaz a few days ago and today said i looked like an idiot when i showed someone my new sunglasses. I'm right to be offended aren't I? I'm actually an attractive girl but shes one if these that thinks she right and is perfect. Really annoying me now.

Self praise is no recommendation...perhaps you should consider your `friends` comment
    :o
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with your friend. no offence tho
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    A so-called friend at work had told me i look like a spaz a few days ago and today said i looked like an idiot when i showed someone my new sunglasses. I'm right to be offended aren't I? I'm actually an attractive girl but shes one if these that thinks she right and is perfect. Really annoying me now.
    Haha! No pics, I think I'm quite annoyed with myself after her latest comment that I didn't say anything about it before to her. Thinking back I should have said something about the use of the term. I just tried to laugh it off as she can be shallow. And as a result needed to moan about it!

Shes just illiterate, rude and possibly jealous of me! shes only 23 and she does have a hint of a moustache!

You seem to think a lot of yourself and little of her so what should it matter, you both sound unpleasant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Ah yes, the hand movements. I believe this involved slapping the back of one hand with the palm of the other with the receiving hand bent at the wrist. :D

I sometimes wonder what Joey made of it all. Beneath the very bad disability was quite an intelligent man by all accounts and he must have become aware of his impact on millions of children around the UK at some point.

Could he possibly have seen things from the children's point of view?

Did just lol childhood playground flashbacks:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jillstar wrote: »
    Me too! The word "Spaz" comes from Spastic Cerebral Palsy which is the disability I have. It means your muscles can get very tight and you can end up making jerking movements with your body. My disability doesn't affect my vocal muscles and mouth like it did for people like Joey Deacon, but even if it does affect your speech it doesn't mean you have any learning disabilities or anything with it.
    Words like "spaz" are the disability equivalent of the word "n***er" to describe black people. It's sad that it is still being used.:(

The problem is like most things words, spaz, ******, **** etc were abbreviations and in general were used that way it is just peoples intent which have relegated the words to abuse. Years ago I had no idea the term **** was considered abusive and used it as an abbreviation which lead my boss to say you can't say that word......but it certainly wasn't said in an abusive way or with intent to harm
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hard to tell until we see you in the sunglasses and nothing else
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! No pics, I think I'm quite annoyed with myself after her latest comment that I didn't say anything about it before to her. Thinking back I should have said something about the use of the term. I just tried to laugh it off as she can be shallow. And as a result needed to moan about it!

Shes just illiterate, rude and possibly jealous of me! shes only 23 and she does have a hint of a moustache!

Mama.... Just killed a man....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Mama.... Just killed a man....

Why bump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Why bump.

With a little bump and grind......
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Why bump.

Looks as if he must've gone trawling through the posting history of the OP of the 'laptop sex' thread.

*cough* stalker *cough*
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh my god you're a freak?!? are u that bored you're going through my history?!?! weirdo
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,030
    Forum Member
    oh my god you're a freak?!? are u that bored you're going through my history?!?! weirdo

Could be worse, he could have w*anked in your house....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse, he could have w*anked in your house....

Because that's normal behaviour isn't it???

Especially checking your alleged brothers wet patches

Ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's just the only one who owned up to it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Do you still look like a spaz?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Ray Ban to match your current status huh..