Options

Ben Hardy Cast In X-Men

Comments

• Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    I can see a Young Cyclops for him myself [a supporting character, if Angel / Archangel is indeed part of this Apocalypse tale].

Young Cyclops has been cast already. I think that was the part he was originally rumoured to have auditioned for but they must have preferred him for this mystery role instead.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely that casting already makes him one of EastEnders' most successful ex-characters? I know people like Lacey Turner have been the star of British TV series (Our Girl) but has anyone else been in a Hollywood film? The only other comparison I can think of is Martine McCutcheon, who was in Love Actually.

Ben's is in a worldwide franchise & I think he has a good chance of building up a decent career from this role.

I find him appearing in Hollywood a bit incongrous. THere's something stiff & stilted in his acting style, maybe its his monotone voice?? His acting in the recent Lucy sl's hasnt been bad,, but hes not got the range of someone like Sam Strike.

He seems a nice chap & good luck to him but I am surprised that he landed this gig.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Imagine how much fanny he's gonna plough through in Hollywood :D

:D

Emilia Clarke from the Game Of Thrones would be top of my hit list!:D
  • Options
    Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    Bryan Singer's type

So true. LOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Very exciting time for Ben Hardy and hopefully he's going to be successful..
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,310
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    Bryan Singer's type

:D exactly.
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    Well done Ben.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i just say being cast in a film doesnt mean he will be Successful

I agree but it's a step in the right direction.

Ben probably won't return to Eastenders.

Congratulations to Ben.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,305
    Forum Member
    Well done Ben. :D
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done to Ben :) I wish him all the best!

Though when watching the X men movie... I will be half expecting him to mention Lucy at any moment lol

Archangel seems like a good character for Ben! I wonder who it will be though? Sadly, it probably means his chances of returning to EE are extremely slim :(

Good for him though!

Rob Kazinsky aside from what people have already said (True Blood/Pacidic Rim) was also cast in The Hobbit as the Dwarf Fili but sadly had to pull out.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/eastenders-actor-ben-hardy-joins-x-men-apocalypse-1201440972/

Guess if Peter is ever going to return in the future he will have a new head. Congrats to Ben on the casting though - I love that franchise and I hope it brings him a lot of success.

Well done to Ben, clearly they see talent in him.

I hope we do see Peter return in a year or two, either Ben playing him or a someone else.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it must be customary on DS to slate good looking guys and call them bad actors, I never got some of the hate he had on here. He did brilliantly in the lives and had a lot of lines to deliver which he did so and with no mistakes.

I knew he'd have a part as soon as he was linked and announced his departure. Plus the fact that it's prominent role is amazing.

Hopefully this starts a trend, first Rob and now Ben so that Hollywood starts turning to British soaps rather than the Australian ones.

Good luck to Ben, if it goes well it'll open up loads more opportunities for him.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These type of films don't normally require proper acting performances. You don't hear the acting praised in these hollywood blockbusters. Only the CGI or costumes. So Ben being hired isn't really a testament to his talent. They needed a gorgeous british lad to fill in a role. If he hadn't been cast, some gormless unknown would of been cast in his place.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Well done Ben! I hope he goes on to spread his wings and have a successful career! I like it when British actors get into Hollywood. Look at Jason Statham. There's something about hearing a Brit accent in an American film. I'll watch this film to see Ben's part in it.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying hard to stay nice... but I've made no secret of the fact that I find Ben Hardy a bit of a bland performer so I don't want to be called a hypocrite either. :D Well done to Ben, definitely an impressive role to be cast in off the back of EE. That chiseled body of his is obviously going to go far in Hollywood. :p
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ben is a brilliant actor. Well done to him for getting the part. I hope this is the start of a big career for him.:)
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Congrats to him but LOL he's never gonna go back to EastEnders probably..
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Ben's is in a worldwide franchise & I think he has a good chance of building up a decent career from this role.

I find him appearing in Hollywood a bit incongrous. THere's something stiff & stilted in his acting style, maybe its his monotone voice?? His acting in the recent Lucy sl's hasnt been bad,, but hes not got the range of someone like Sam Strike.

He seems a nice chap & good luck to him but I am surprised that he landed this gig.

I never rated him much either.

He'll have more time to shoot scenes though and Hollywood is good at making people appear better than they really are.

What is good for him he's that he's got his foot in the door and can only learn more and get better with time. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to him. Its a step in the correct direction. He would have been foolish not to have taken this opportunity.
  • Options
    callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so that's actually happening then....
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think it must be customary on DS to slate good looking guys and call them bad actors, I never got some of the hate he had on here. He did brilliantly in the lives and had a lot of lines to deliver which he did so and with no mistakes.

I knew he'd have a part as soon as he was linked and announced his departure. Plus the fact that it's prominent role is amazing.

Hopefully this starts a trend, first Rob and now Ben so that Hollywood starts turning to British soaps rather than the Australian ones.

Good luck to Ben, if it goes well it'll open up loads more opportunities for him.

Totally agree. It's tiresome. If you are good looking you can't act it is a rule on DS. Unless you play a gay character of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Good luck to him. I didn't even know X-Men was filmed in New Zealand but it does explain why he wasn't worried about his lack of visa.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really happy for Ben - I think he could have a great career!
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Who wasn't? :p Yep, I think he was a regular in the later seasons. Although, like you, I stopped watched years before he showed up.

:confused:

I didn't watch it all either, but she was a virgin until she was 26 and slept with 5 guys. What's this comment about?

Congratulations Ben. X-Men is one of the biggest franchises going. He has to be one of the most successful ex-soap stars. It happened quickly too.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    :confused:

I didn't watch it all either, but she was a virgin until she was 26 and slept with 5 guys. What's this comment about?

Congratulations Ben. X-Men is one of the biggest franchisees going. He has to be one of the most successful ex-soap stars. It happened quickly too.

It needs to otherwise you become labelled as a soap actor. EE need to cast a less aspirational/average actor next time if they want the character around long term. Depends how long Jac Jossa is away for but they are making cash on Zeleb circuit for timebeing. A quick recast for Peter would make sense.