The Blacklist (Sky Living)
    Grimm (Watch)
    Parks and Recreation (BBC4)

All renewed by NBC for next season.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    Joe40 wrote: »
    BBC iplayer down, those trying to watch the ending of Line Of Duty on ipad seething.

It was so annoying. I had to find another live stream online so missed the first 20 mins! Big mistake by BBC I player that it went down. Although I watched later once they'd fixed it!
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In previous years there hasn't always been five British teams at this stage anyway, so ITV have done pretty well to get to the end of March without having to show any all-foreign ties. If Chelsea go out in the next round they will have to show, at the most, three all-foreign ties before the final, if Chelsea win just two, and with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich still involved they won't be wanting for fairly attractive alternatives. So despite what appears to be a poor season for British clubs it's all worked out fairly well for ITV.

Well, there you go, and now it's even better with two British clubs in the last eight. Looks like a pretty normal season for British clubs in Europe, if not a bit better than in recent years because all the English clubs got through the group stage.
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    You might be right - I remember there was a difference between the two. Looking at the state of the English clubs though they might be happy to get rid. Cant see much improvement for the English teams next year either.

Heh. Yes, ITV have another season of both the Champions League and Europa League. Doesn't look like Man U will be in the Champions League next season but, without wanting to jinx it, it looks like Liverpool will, so there'll still be a big team for the casual audience involved, and the Europa League line-up should be a bit more attractive next season as well with two big clubs in it.
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Will Chelsea and Man Utd be kept apart in the Quarter Final draw (both from competing against each other and competing on the same night). If not just to keep Samuel happy for no apparent reason at all ITV could still end up with an all foreign tie on one of the nights.

No, clubs from the same country can be drawn together in the quarter finals, as has happened before. But if they are then the obvious benefit is that at least one of them is guaranteed a semi-final place. They'll have to show at least one all-foreign game before the final but it's not like they haven't had that before, it happens most seasons and ITV accepted that when they bought it, as did Sky and BT.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@Sam_Hodges: Last ep of #LineofDuty seen by 3m on #BBCTwo"
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crimewatch won the 9pm slot with 3.7m

Law & Order - 3.1m (3.4m)

Line of Duty - 3m

Peter Kay - 1.7m (2m)

NCIS - 1.1m

At 8pm, DIY SOS got 4.9m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W1A launched with 1.6m
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very poor from Law and Order, won't be coming back with those figures, good result for the last Line of Duty.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »

Line of Duty - 3m

Peter Kay - 1.7m (2m)

NCIS - 1.1m

At 8pm, DIY SOS got 4.9m

All the crime shows both real and fictional at 9pm cancelling each other out.

Its alright maybe thats why ITV are moving the Americans until later to show Law & Order repeats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Line of Duty - 3m

Peter Kay - 1.7m (2m)

NCIS - 1.1m

At 8pm, DIY SOS got 4.9m

Thanks Bushmills.

Good rating for DIY SOS. I forget how well that show can do. Do you know how ITV did at 8pm along with Collectaholics on BBC2?

Ouch for LOUK. Not far ahead of BBC2 and Midsomer managed to go against crime opposition on Wednesday and do better. Next week LOUK has a Wednesday and Saturday episode and I doubt it will do much better opposite Casualty.

Great to see Line Of Duty reach 3m for the finale, the power of word of mouth.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    "@Sam_Hodges: Last ep of #LineofDuty seen by 3m on #BBCTwo"

Great but still deserves more IMO.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Coronation Street topped the midweek soap ratings (March 19) with the continuing aftermath of Maria's discovery, overnight figures show.

7.64m (35.9%) watched at 7.30pm on ITV and 236k (1.1%) on +1 as Maria refused to forgive Marcus for cheating on her with Todd.

Emmerdale attracted 6.42m (33.1%) at 7pm on ITV and 202k (1.0%) on +1 as Donna Windsor made her return to the village.

Hollyoaks interested 919k (5.0%) at 6.30pm on Channel 4 as Sam decided to cover up the truth about Doctor Browning's murder, while E4's first look had 741k (3.8%) at 7pm and 146k (0.7%) on +1.

Over on Channel 5, Georgia and Kyle's devastation in Neighbours was shared with 576k (9.1%) at 1.45pm and 826k (5.8%) at 5.30pm, while Home and Away appealed to 191k (2.8%) at 1.15pm, 645k (3.8%) at 6pm and 471k (2.6%) with 5*'s first look at 6.30pm.

Elsewhere, Doctors claimed 1.22m (19.4%) at 1.45pm on BBC One.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a new ep of L&O on Saturday or a repeat from Wednesday?
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    L&O has always been a third rate show, deserves no more tbh
    Nice rating for Line of Duty, agreed it should have been higher, great start for W1A, newly re-branded 2012. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks Bushmills.

Good rating for DIY SOS. I forget how well that show can do. Do you know how ITV did at 8pm along with Collectaholics on BBC2?

ITV's You Saw Them Here First got 2.8m (2.9m) at 8pm

BBC2's Collectaholics got 1.2m.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the crossover between Law & Order UK and Line of Duty is about 500k, and I imagine it might rise a bit next week, although its never reay been a strong drama - a shame its dropping but I suspect it will be its last series. Its been trailed heavily enough.

You Saw Them Here First did badly, the first episode ITV aired last year got over 4.5m, so ITV brought it back. Hopefully wit that figure they won't.

Corrie still looking low, the share not where it should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV's You Saw Them Here First got 2.8m (2.9m) at 8pm

BBC2's Collectaholics got 1.2m.

Thanks for those ratings. Looks like BBC2 and ITV were hit hard by DIY SOS Collectaholics was at 2m last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Wednesdays seems to be where ITV put their dramas to die. :D

Did not expect L&O as low as that though. We have now seen a few dramas recently just not holding on to their previous audiences. Whitechapel, Ripper Street and now this. I have never been that keen on it (always a pale imitation of the US series for me) but it does not deserve to be this low does it? And where have the audience gone there was not that much competition last night was there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see ITV have pushed The Americans back to 10.25pm, should have been there to start with, but at least they've moved it now. I forsee a figure below 1million next week exclude +1.

It is true that they've moved Law & Order UK to Saturday's?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see ITV have pushed The Americans back to 10.25pm, should have been there to start with, but at least they've moved it now. I forsee a figure below 1million next week exclude +1.

It is true that they've moved Law & Order UK to Saturday's?

There is a L&O in the schedule for Saturday ~9.30pm but whether its a repeat of Wednesdays or a new one still seems open to question AFAIK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    There is a L&O in the schedule for Saturday ~9.30pm but whether its a repeat of Wednesdays or a new one still seems open to question AFAIK.

I would think it would be a new one, would be silly to put a rpt when the new episodes don't rate that well. Although anything will rate better than The Americans.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I would think it would be a new one, would be silly to put a rpt when the new episodes don't rate that well. Although anything will rate better than The Americans.

It's a repeat of the episode from the previous Wednesday according to the Radio Times website and the schedules are confirmed iirc.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Law & Order UK is dead I think. A devastating decline that will be hard to recover from.

Next week will be crucial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Post removed.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Digiguide currently says it's "new" but episode info is missing so could be wrong.

Interesting, I just checked the ITV presscentre site and they say that the fourth episode ( which that Saturday's would be if it was a new episode) continues on Wednesday as normal.
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep4week14/law-order-uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Interesting, I just checked the ITV presscentre site and they say that the fourth episode ( which Saturday's would be if it was not a repeat) continues on Wednesday as normal.
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep4week14/law-order-uk
    Sorry for creating confusion. My Digiguide has updated now with the correct info. Confirmed to be repeat.
    DRAMA: Law and Order: UK
    On: itv Anglia (3)
    Date: Saturday 29th March 2014 (starting in 9 days)
    Time: 21:25 to 22:25 (1 hour long)

I Predict a Riot. Series 8, episode 3.
    Crime drama series. Ronnie and Joe come across a skeleton in a car boot..............
    (Repeat, Shown Wednesday, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 4 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'Category: Drama' marker
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=87587

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
This discussion has been closed.