Options

Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Comments

• Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Oh gawd no, definitely don't want any more of that!

Oddly enough because people have different opinions. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean other people don't same as not everyone sees your great love between Emma and Hook.

Agree with this. I'm not overly fond of Hook and by far prefer Neal.
    Most of all though I'm a Rumple fan.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LNS wrote: »
    I really doubt Emma is going to do anything evil, esp since she is ISNT embracing the power and or wants it, unlike Rumple who did and took pleasure in it. Emma is different so i think her light magic will balance the darkness which she wanted to tethered on her so it wont attack anyone else.

She can be controlled from the dagger but i doubt anyone wants to do that

I dont know, it would be an interesting twist if they did........... not let her go totally dark but see her struggle with the light and dark inside her

Rumple might - seeing as he was trying to turn her dark before she got the dagger
  • Options
    LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I dont know, it would be an interesting twist if they did........... not let her go totally dark but see her struggle with the light and dark inside her

Rumple might - seeing as he was trying to turn her dark before she got the dagger

I think we will see that. And also it would make her feelings more intense...

But she also knows that she wants to get rid of this darkness forever with finding Merlin, having full faith in her parents and the man she loves Hook to do that, as she did tell them to
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing.............

Im trying to remember how Rumple got Belle to control him with the dagger but I have failed miserably :blush:

Did he have to give her permission (so to speak) or did he cast some kind of spell or did she just pick it up and start controlling him...........

or none of the above, lol :D:p
    Rumple gave Belle a fake dagger when they got married, he told her he wanted her to have the dagger as he could trust her with it or some rubbish like that. Then when they were going to leave town (when he told her they'd go for a honeymoon but really he was trying to split himself from the dagger) she figured out that he'd lied to her about the dagger and found where he was hiding the real one. Then she used it to control him to not kill Hook and to leave town.

So sort of both giving her permission and her just picking it up. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really doubt Emma is going to do anything evil, esp since she is ISNT embracing the power and or wants it, unlike Rumple who did and took pleasure in it. Emma is different so i think her light magic will balance the darkness which she wanted to tethered on her so it wont attack anyone else.
    I very much hope Emma will go dark and maybe do some evil things (although nothing too terrible), certainly be tempted to, otherwise there is not much point in making her the Dark One. Also while Rumple did desire the power remember he first took it with good intentions; to save Bae and all the other children from dying in the ogre wars. I think Emma will be less corrupted than Rumple due to her light magic and the fact she has more love in her life, but I would expect the Darkness to be trying to take over her and I definitely want to see that struggle.

She might have taken it with the desire to get rid of it, but that doesn't mean the desire will remain now she has it.
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Most of all though I'm a Rumple fan.
    Rumple was one of my favourites in the first couple of seasons, but I didn't enjoy his story arc in 3b and especially not in season 4. I hope that next season with the new twist of him not being the Dark One I might like him more again.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Actually the creators have specifically said in interview that you can have more than one true love (they were asked how "true love" differs from "soulmates"). Snow and Charming might only have each other but Regina has had Daniel and Robin and Emma has arguably had Neal, and had potential with Graham, before Hook.

I think Emma was truly in love with Neal when she was a teenager and he loved her back but was too scared to admit it properly (which he knew as he told Mulan he waited too long to say it), and by the time he realised/accepted he was in love it was too late because the damage had been done. How much he regretted it at that point was immaterial.

I'd agree with most of that Nat, I don't think there is only "one true love" for most of the characters, I'd say Snow and Charming and possible Belle and Rumple have been shown to be the exceptions rather than the norm.
    Rumple was one of my favourites in the first couple of seasons, but I didn't enjoy his story arc in 3b and especially not in season 4. I hope that next season with the new twist of him not being the Dark One I might like him more again.

I love Rumple, he's my absolute favourite character but I don't think they used him as well in Season Four but I loved his S3b arc with Peter Pan but a lot of that was down to Robbie Kay being awesome rather than the Neverland story itself, which went on waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

In S4 he lost a lot of the conflict dynamic which made his character so interesting once Bae was dead, which was still, imho, a huge mistake on the part of the show runners. Without Bae Rumple went into the whole - "having to re-write the story" - arc which really didn't work at all, although I liked the theory behind the search for the author and I absolutely loved the alternative Enchanted Forest with Dark Snow, hero Rumple and bandit Regina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rumple, he's my absolute favourite character but I don't think they used him as well in Season Four but I loved his S3b arc with Peter Pan but a lot of that was down to Robbie Kay being awesome rather than the Neverland story itself, which went on waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

In S4 he lost a lot of the conflict dynamic which made his character so interesting once Bae was dead, which was still, imho, a huge mistake on the part of the show runners. Without Bae Rumple went into the whole - "having to re-write the story" - arc which really didn't work at all, although I liked the theory behind the search for the author and I absolutely loved the alternative Enchanted Forest with Dark Snow, hero Rumple and bandit Regina.
    Neverland was 3a ;) I liked him in that, then again I liked the whole Neverland arc and didn't feel like it went on too long at all (though like you say that may have been down to Robbie Kay being so good in the role. Plus the twist with him being Rumple's dad which I didn't see coming, and I love it when shows surprise me).
    3b was the Wicked Witch plot, so after Bae died which I agree is what made his character less interesting. That's why I'm hopeful that the new angle of Rumple not being the dark one might make him more interesting again.

I'd also agree with you that the author plot was an interesting theory, but it was a bit meta for my tastes. The alternative Enchanted Forest in the finale was such good fun though that I think it was worth the rest of 4b :D (which was pretty much my feeling about 3b and that finale as well ;))
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3b was the Wicked Witch plot

Yes, you're right! That shows how much notice I paid to that. Really did not like the Wicked Witch arc at all, I think it totally missed the mark and didn't really go anywhere at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right! That shows how much notice I paid to that.
    Ha! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much hope Emma will go dark and maybe do some evil things (although nothing too terrible), certainly be tempted to, otherwise there is not much point in making her the Dark One. Also while Rumple did desire the power remember he first took it with good intentions; to save Bae and all the other children from dying in the ogre wars. I think Emma will be less corrupted than Rumple due to her light magic and the fact she has more love in her life, but I would expect the Darkness to be trying to take over her and I definitely want to see that struggle.

She might have taken it with the desire to get rid of it, but that doesn't mean the desire will remain now she has it.

Rumple is the real villain of the show. He had a chance to be good.. and work at it, but he was addicted to power, he chose it over his son, and then he chose it over Belle from the moment he asked her to marry him... and then things like wanting to kill Hook, kidnap his Henry, and go kill Emma and go after Emma so he could get his happy ending. Didnt really care about how others will be effected as long as he got what he wanted. Even in the AU version, he still chose to do wrong in the end.

I do think Emma will struggle esp as she will be fighting and keeping it balance with dark and light... BUT she knows she is loved and has family and the man she loves there,
    I wonder if this darkness will eat away at her esp if self doubts come in
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished season 4, really looking forward to season 5 (do we know an air date). I preferred 4b to 4a as 4b wasn't the classic villain we need to kill them. A lot of the twists v were predicted on here, the Marian/Zelena was a good twist but not sure if it was made up then.

I enjoyed the finale, but there have been better, I found it weird that the villains became heroes meaning that in the book heroes do still always win.

I loved Cruella's back story and how she didn't have some sob story. I also quite liked Malifecent.

Still love Regina, Hook and Emma. Not too sure if I like Robin. I don't like at all Mary Margaret and David I just love it when Regina stops them from being annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Cruella's back story and how she didn't have some sob story. I also quite liked Malifecent.
    I think the Cruella thing was probably the biggest twist this series, every other villain has had at least some element of sadness in their back story. [Edit: I forgot Pan, he was also just horrible.]
    Still love Regina, Hook and Emma. Not too sure if I like Robin. I don't like at all Mary Margaret and David I just love it when Regina stops them from being annoying.
    One of my favourite Regina quips still is from S2 when she refers to them as "Emma, Henry and the Two Idiots." :D:D
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the finale, but there have been better, I found it weird that the villains became heroes meaning that in the book heroes do still always win.

It's because Rumple believed heroes always win (which I am not sure is an actual rule or the Universe or just something Rumple believed was the only way as it was his story) and so had to become one to be happy, he had spent years being a villain who kept losing to them so prob wanted a revenge. He could have theoretically just asked for it to be written they were all locked in a tower or turned into frogs but he wanted the joy of defeating them even if he never knew their past.
    .I loved Cruella's back story and how she didn't have some sob story. I also quite liked Malifecent. .

Cruella was amazing, the show needs genuinely evil characters. I like her Zelena were they are just hell bent of winding people up.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Cruella thing was probably the biggest twist this series, every other villain has had at least some element of sadness in their back story. [Edit: I forgot Pan, he was also just horrible.]

Oh yeah forgot about Pan, he was just genuinely evil the only problem with him was that arc became a little tedious by the end but Pan was great.

One of my favourite Regina quips still is from S2 when she refers to them as "Emma, Henry and the Two Idiots." :D:D[/QUOTE]

I love the line when they're on the ship in the heart of the truest believer and they're trying to fight a mermaid and Regina screams at MM and David, "you'll win her over with your rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers."

And Regina talking about hook, "captain guy liner."
    It's because Rumple believed heroes always win (which I am not sure is an actual rule or the Universe or just something Rumple believed was the only way as it was his story) and so had to become one to be happy, he had spent years being a villain who kept losing to them so prob wanted a revenge. He could have theoretically just asked for it to be written they were all locked in a tower or turned into frogs but he wanted the joy of defeating them even if he never knew their past.

That's what I was thinking I guess it's because Rumple the villain was seen as a hero it is still reversed in that way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the line when they're on the ship in the heart of the truest believer and they're trying to fight a mermaid and Regina screams at MM and David, "you'll win her over with your rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers."

And Regina talking about hook, "captain guy liner."
    :D That one's great. I also like the other one about the mermaid: MM-"Threatening her isn't the way to motivate her!" Regina-"Well I'm all out of fish food."

Regina definitely gets some of the best lines, I think she probably has the most good ones, followed by Rumple and then Hook. You clearly have to be a bit villainous. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes i find Regina's snarkyness abit too much, it comes across somewhat insulting (i know its her sass but still), esp when she or anyone makes jokes about Hook's one hand (not nice to hear at times)

I like Hook's modern technology terms lol - talking phone, Emma button, that box (internet/computer) lol
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes i find Regina's snarkyness abit too much, it comes across somewhat insulting (i know its her sass but still), esp when she or anyone makes jokes about Hook's one hand (not nice to hear at times)

Sorry but those jokes makes me laugh, I was watching the episode Heart of Gold today and when Zelena referred to Hook as Emma's one handed lover, it made me chuckle...like such a Zelena thing to be irritated by, the fact he's one handed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but those jokes makes me laugh, I was watching the episode Heart of Gold today and when Zelena referred to Hook as Emma's one handed lover, it made me chuckle...like such a Zelena thing to be irritated by, the fact he's one handed.

Yeah i get that, sure it is suppose to be funny and comes across that. But me personally to an extent i understand that BUT also i remember why he has one hand, which was cruelly cut off him.... i guess thats how i look at it

:)
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just read that Robin and Zerlina have been promoted to regulars. I have today that she is s Marmite character. Personally she irritates me like mad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kinda had been expecting Sean Maguire to be made regular as he is part of Regina's story and her romance, so it made sense - but i still dont think he's that great, and more so in his acting especially in terms of Robert Carlyle who plays Rumple and Colin O'Donoghue who plays Hook, and Josh Dallas as Charming, esp Robert and Colin.
    (i also wished Tom Ellis was RH, he is a better actor)

Surprised about Zelena - but i think she will be killed off imo. She is causing some grief to Regina, but then again its like Regina caused so much grief to others for years and doing evil things, now its come back to biter her it seems.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So just read that Robin and Zerlina have been promoted to regulars. I have today that she is s Marmite character. Personally she irritates me like mad!

surprised about Zelena but I guess as she is part of the Regina/Robin arc and with her being pregnant with Robin's child

I personally dont like Zelena and would prefer her not to have been promoted to a regular but never mind, lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surprised about Zelena but I guess as she is part of the Regina/Robin arc and with her being pregnant with Robin's child

I personally dont like Zelena and would prefer her not to have been promoted to a regular but never mind, lol
    I think they pretty much had to make Zelena a regular what with the whole baby story line. You can't just have her constantly off-screen only being discussed by Regina and Robin.

I can't decide if I like her or not, sometimes she really irritates me and sometimes I find her quite funny. Suppose I'll have to wait and see which happens more. ;-) Still, being a regular doesn't have to mean being in every episode or being the main focus of the ones she is in. So we can hope for minimal Zelena. :p
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Line in their latest questions section has confirmed that a regular has dropped to recurring because of Zelena and Robins upgrade.

Micheal Socha aka Will Scarlet it that casualty, can't say I'm surprised considering how badly he was utilised in S4. He will still appear tho.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/11/the-flash-season-2-spoilers-cynical-new-hero/

Link does contain spoilers for other shows FYI
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    TV Line in their latest questions section has confirmed that a regular has dropped to recurring because of Zelena and Robins upgrade.

Micheal Socha aka Will Scarlet it that casualty, can't say I'm surprised considering how badly he was utilised in S4. He will still appear tho.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/11/the-flash-season-2-spoilers-cynical-new-hero/

Link does contain spoilers for other shows FYI

I don't really see how last series he was a regular and Robin recurring given Robin was used far more than Will.

I have loved Micheal Socha since Being Human but he was woefully underused in OUaT and I never liked Wobderland.

It's a shame but understandable since Will basically had zero to do last season.

I'm also fairly indifferent about Zelina. I didn't rate her as a series 'big bad', beyond the fact Regina's defeat of her is basically what took Regina from villain to hero. With white and not purple magic and all (though they seemingly forgot about this change as soon as it happened). So I don't really see what she can add or bring to the show.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I kinda had been expecting Sean Maguire to be made regular as he is part of Regina's story and her romance, so it made sense - but i still dont think he's that great, and more so in his acting especially in terms of Robert Carlyle who plays Rumple and Colin O'Donoghue who plays Hook, and Josh Dallas as Charming, esp Robert and Colin.
    (i also wished Tom Ellis was RH, he is a better actor)

Surprised about Zelena - but i think she will be killed off imo. She is causing some grief to Regina, but then again its like Regina caused so much grief to others for years and doing evil things, now its come back to biter her it seems.

Me too. I suspect his commitment to Miranda got in the way.

Every time I see Sean Maguire, I just think Krod Mandoon .....