Options

How can you tell if your partner loves you?

Comments

• Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Tell him you love him.

If he replies, 'I know', he doesn't really love you back.

Well, not in the way you want him to.
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    That may just mean that he fancies an evening of rumpey pumpey

Makes mental note... "Hmmm...some women here are more perceptive than I thought."
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The words "Get the **** out of my life, I hate you" actually mean "You are my soulmate, I love you and want to be with you forever". :p

Bugger. No wonder my ex pestered me for weeks.

For me, it's having your partner travel from Glasgow to London for no other reason than because you had said in a phone call you missed him :) That's when I realised he really did love me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    Bugger. No wonder my ex pestered me for weeks.

For me, it's having your partner travel from Glasgow to London for no other reason than because you had said in a phone call you missed him :) That's when I realised he really did love me.

Was that the weekend when Rangers played a friendly with Arsenal?
  • Options
    vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know my bf loves me because:

He once ran home through the rain to get me my tampons.

He offered me his food when I dropped my plate on the floor.

And of course, I know he loves me because he tells me so!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spooked wrote: »
    Was that the weekend when Rangers played a friendly with Arsenal?

:D No
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I know my bf loves me because:

He once ran home through the rain to get me my tampons.

He offered me his food when I dropped my plate on the floor.

And of course, I know he loves me because he tells me so!

Yeah, but has he ever mimed ' medicine for constipation' in a language he doesn't know?
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    :D No

If he's a keeper it would be Celtic.;):D

Just in case anyone is offended, I'm joking. It's just a silly game anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's a keeper it would be Celtic.;):D

Just in case anyone is offended, I'm joking. It's just a silly game anyway.

He supports Ayr United so I don't even need to worry about him at Old Firm matches :D
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose but then surely it's more than subtle things by that point? I would've thought, and obviously I've not been in a 10 year+ relationship so don't know. But by then it's less about knowing they love you and more about you realising something is wrong in the relationship. More fighting, less time together.

Maybe it does come as a surprise to some, but I always fiigured there would be signs of some sort. That's perhaps naivety on my part.

There were no signs in my case - he was still "loving" and attentive as ever - but he was just pretending so I wouldn't guess he was shagging someone else!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    There are always small hints when it's good or bad.

Katie Perry might well be looking at the divorce papers Russell Brand served and thinking there may be problems.
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    There were no signs in my case - he was still "loving" and attentive as ever - but he was just pretending so I wouldn't guess he was shagging someone else!

I'm sorry to hear that.

:o Hope I didn't offend or upset you or anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are lots of subtle ways but one of my favourites is a little test you can conduct. If something significant happens in your life - family news, work/college events, bad news, good news, gossip - when the first person you want to talk to about it is your boyfriend/girlfriend; there's a very good chance it's love.

That was it for me. It might have been the fact that a hero of mine was on the radio - it was only him I wanted to talk to about it.

Doesn't that just show that you love him? If he reciprocates by wanting to speak to you about such things, then that would show he loves you?
  • Options
    Bear TraderBear Trader Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittles wrote: »
    personally I prefer to ask someone if they love me rather than trying to figure it out from a series of gestures :)

I may be jumping the gun but it sounds like you may be wondering whether your partner loves you or not

If you have to ask them then they don't love you. You cant fake nor withhold love.
  • Options
    TenpeTenpe Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he serenades you with Shakin' Stevens tracks all day then that's a big tell that he doesn't
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes thing grand gestures of love are misleading its more the day to day stuff.But what are the signs that your man or woman deep down loves you.How does it manifest and show itself?
    It may be by just doing stuff to make one smile. Cooking a nice meal, making a cup of tea first thing in the morning to have in bed together, booking tickets for a night out as a surprise, buying a small treat(some fave chocolate or biccies to have with tea) after buying the weekly shopping unattended.Putting the hot water bottle in the bed to warm it up.
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    It may be by just doing stuff to make one smile. Cooking a nice meal, making a cup of tea first thing in the morning to have in bed together, booking tickets for a night out as a surprise, buying a small treat(some fave chocolate or biccies to have with tea) after buying the weekly shopping unattended.Putting the hot water bottle in the bed to warm it up.

Anyone else feeling a bit nauseous after reading that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member

No.

You miserable sod.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D no, forgot to mention if they put the hair curlers in, that is a plus too
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »

I agree. It's the little things that show they are always thinking of you.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    Doesn't that just show that you love him? If he reciprocates by wanting to speak to you about such things, then that would show he loves you?

I would have thought that was fairly obvious. That's how I act when I'm in love - so if your boy/girlfriend acts like that, they're probably in love.

Really didn't think that would have to be explained.................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I get lots of cuddles and kisses every day and a fresh bouquet of flowers every week without fail. Normally we are both cuddled up together on the sofa in the evenings but he's gone out tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that was fairly obvious. That's how I act when I'm in love - so if your boy/girlfriend acts like that, they're probably in love.

Really didn't think that would have to be explained.................

Ouch!

The thread is about how you know they love you, and the things you described seemed to me to describe your feelings for him, not his feelings for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get lots of cuddles and kisses every day and a fresh bouquet of flowers every week without fail. Normally we are both cuddled up together on the sofa in the evenings but he's gone out tonight.

Probably out sh*gging the mistress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that.

:o Hope I didn't offend or upset you or anything.

No, not at all, it was a long time ago, and even if it wasn't, you didn't say anything wrong at all :)