Options

Disgusting France

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    I got a place in Paris and the city in inundated in dog turds .The French have something about being generally unhygienic .Vive la difference eh

Agree!!
    "Romantic Paris" Oh yes I remember it well ...... Not
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paris is ok, worth going for a short break. France in General is quite stinky and dirty, so be prepared. Once you adjust you can see its good points. x
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    According to a Polish girl I used to work with, Poles hate everyone. She was pretty racist too and didn't like dealing with black or Asian people.

No they don't - she is wrong and is judging her fellow Poles by her own prejudices.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Paris is ok, worth going for a short break. France in General is quite stinky and dirty, so be prepared. Once you adjust you can see its good points. x

It's true about the dog mess but funnily enough I didn't pick up any nasty whiffs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    It's true about the dog mess but funnily enough I didn't pick up any nasty whiffs.

we went to the Loire Valley, there were piles of sh1t along most of the country roads.

It wasn't the dogs, unless they've been trained to use toilet paper
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »

The whiff starts at Calais and I ain't talking about the camps there either.
  • Options
    Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder all those migrants are trying to get out of there.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    No different to England then!

Every trip out is like walking through a minefield.

As has been my road for the last month where some ignorant horse rider failed to clean up Neddy's mess >:(

Good for the roses.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I really want to go to Paris one day but my boyfriends been before and absolutely hates it and said it was filthy and stunk. Although he could be biased, hes polish and hates the French :D

I have difficulty getting my head around some of you people, if France doesn't appeal, that's fine, don't go there.
    Christ knows what the story is with your boyfriend, I've been to many places in France, none of them smelled bad, none of them were filthy.
    The French were fine with me, of course it helps that I have a quite reasonable handle on the language.
    I've also been to Poland, nothing wrong with that, Warsaw was exciting, Poznan was good to walk around, Kraków was a bit overdone with tourists, but if the place stunk, no one would ever go there, it didn't stink.
    Is there a reason, real or imaginary, why your boyfriend hates the French?
    I could kind of understand an elderly person, whose country got trashed by the Germans during WW2, not liking Germans, or an older ex-serviceman who was captured by the Japanese, not liking the Japanese, but I know of no contre-temps between Poland and France which would support such hatred.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I lived in Bordeaux, the lady who showed me round the town apologised and said 'les crottes de chien' were a big problem. They do not have the same attitude as we do about picking up after their dogs. It's so noticeable to me when I go to France as you see so little anymore over here as most people pick up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No different to England then!

Every trip out is like walking through a minefield.

As has been my road for the last month where some ignorant horse rider failed to clean up Neddy's mess >:(

Collect it up and sell it.
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Paris a few months ago and noticed dog poo once. Maybe I was lucky.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I really want to go to Paris one day but my boyfriends been before and absolutely hates it and said it was filthy and stunk. Although he could be biased, hes polish and hates the French :D
    If he's been there before he knows the price of a coffee/wine/meal.
    He's not biased, he's smart and doesn't want to blow his dosh on you.
    :)
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pmw_hewitt wrote: »
    I was in Paris a few months ago and noticed dog poo once. Maybe I was lucky.

You spotted dog shite so you were lucky?:confused:
  • Options
    QuofanQuofan Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    As for litter, I've only been to Le Havre a couple of times but it was a shithole.

You've not really seen the best of France by only going to Le Havre, which is a typical port town. If you get out into the countryside and further South its a beautiful country (and huge!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair you can walk through london and notice a bit of a pong sometimes in places. You will get a bit of a stink occasionally in an area so densely populated with millions of people as a city. so its not just paris that might stink a bit
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You spotted dog shite so you were lucky?:confused:

Considering the cliché of Parisian streets being completely full of dog mess, I was lucky that I only encountered it once. I didn't realise I had to explain it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont they still have the wardens on motor bikes hoovering up the shit in Paris?
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The French rarely use proper toilets. Public facilities are often of the hole in the ground type.

I've been to France more times than I can count, and I have yet to see one of these "hole in the ground" toilets.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the supermarkets
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    I've been to France more times than I can count, and I have yet to see one of these "hole in the ground" toilets.

I only saw them once and that was at a 'toilet only' service area in Brittany.
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the supermarkets

The street markets are excellent as well...... not like the crappy ones over here.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's ridiculous. All the motorway "Aires" other than those with petrol stations are holes in the ground. Disabled facilities tend to be normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You couldn't have traveled much when you got there then.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    love France, no less clean than here...just someone tell the feckers we give way to cars on a roundabout not the other way round ..youtube cars on arch de triumph to get what I mean :(

It's a traffic circle, not a roundabout ;)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle