Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prove it.

Satisfied? :D
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would of been better if the holograms were from lesser known companions. Rose, Martha and Donna are still fairly recent, SJS was brought back not so long ago. Those characters are still fresh in the minds of viewers.

It just feels we are treading over the same ground with same old same old companions. An Adric hologram would of been one that would of been a good nod to classic who for starters, whose impact on the Doctor was far greater than the witches 3 Rose, Martha and Donna combined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Much like seeing the seeing the old TARDIS set, the cameos left me wanting to see more. It would have been great to see a few companions from the "classic" series as well as his three latest ones, but perhaps they don't have suitable images/footage they could have used for that. It would been great to see Sarah Jane, by way of a tribute to the late, great Elizabeth Sladen,

That would have been nice...
    However, I don't think it's justified in terms of 'screwing up' her life, as SJS thoroughly enjoyed the adventures post-Doctor.
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshDybala wrote: »
    Well, technically, he didn't screw up any of their lives.

Rose - She has her mum and dad AND the love of her life.

Martha - She has Mickey (maybe the exception lol)

Donna - She's married AND she's rich.

Still, a nice continuity moment. A bit like the old TARDIS set and Ten's "I'm the Doctor" moment in the Flesh two parter.

Rose - Stuck in a weird ass parallel universe with a copy of her dead dad and a cut price copy of the love of her life.

Donna - Has no memory of her time with the Doctor, however she does have Bernard Cribbins as her granddad, but she is back with her whiney, annoying, ungrateful mum. Oh well, rough with the smooth and all that. Hell I could just about put up with a Sylvia Noble as a mum if it meant having Sir Bernard of Cribbins as my gramps.

Martha - No, I'll give you that, she's done all right since she left.
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice the guy in the Episode with the familiar looking sideburns? You know, the the guy who you saw in the trailer?

You know? The bit where you pathetically tried to convince yourself that it might just have been you know who?

It's compulsory you know? They .have. to hire a guy with sideburns that in a quick cut during a trailer looks a bit like the man who shall remain nameless, you know? him. :-p :-p