BBC News channel relaunch - Broadcasting house 2012

124»

Comments

• Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Trails advertising the change to NBH start just before 10am on Monday morning on BBC News Channel, subject to breaking news, according to BBC insiders.

good i'll make a note of that recorders at the ready
  • Options
    tedjrrtedjrr Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    Can I just swoop by and have a rant about something I heard on BBC news last night, please?

There was a report about the number of deer in this country and the effect it's having on the environment, and the reporter said "there are way too many deer in the UK".

Way too many? Way? We are not in flippin' America, this is the UK. The word he should have used was "far". I know I'm being pedantic and language evolves (blah blah blah :yawn:), but it really jarred with me. I don't expect the news to still be read in the old-fashioned BBC accent by blokes in dinner jackets and bow ties, but I don't want them speaking in street slang or Americanisms either.

OK, rant over, I'll leave you in peace now.

:cry:Fair comment - way too mid-atlantic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Trails advertising the change to NBH start just before 10am on Monday morning on BBC News Channel, subject to breaking news, according to BBC insiders.

Looks like they started early, the trailer for the 'new look' BBC News from 18th March just appeared on air before Newsday at 0100 - looks good!
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The first one aired at 12.59am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr_jn7zIc8
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be even better if someone could persuade Jane Hill to stop her head bouncing up and down all the time like one of those noddy dogs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first one aired at 12.59am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr_jn7zIc8

theres one for the dvd:)
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WOW that is interesting:)
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    It would be even better if someone could persuade Jane Hill to stop her head bouncing up and down all the time like one of those noddy dogs.

Oi, Churchill!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest not much of a new look, still the same colour, same logo, same music.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says here that the first News programme from NBH on 18/3/13 will be the News at One. Have the PVR set :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21741690

Wonder if they'll do a 'goodbye to TVC' on the News Channel at 12.55?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says here that the first News programme from NBH on 18/3/13 will be the News at One. Have the PVR set :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21741690

Wonder if they'll do a 'goodbye to TVC' on the News Channel at 12.55?

i thought it would be a midnight move? i'll have to reset my PVR.this switch i cannot miss
  • Options
    radiobloke2004radiobloke2004 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess they may be trialling the new design on some of the graphics. Looking at the Papal Election special, the headlines use the old format, the "Live from Vatican City" use the new format.
  • Options
    jammiedd92jammiedd92 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Guess they may be trialling the new design on some of the graphics. Looking at the Papal Election special, the headlines use the old format, the "Live from Vatican City" use the new format.

This is because the Vatican coverage is being simulcast with BBC World News, which already has the new graphics. So BBC News just take the output from World and overlay their lower-thirds on the image.
  • Options
    NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammiedd92 wrote: »
    This is because the Vatican coverage is being simulcast with BBC World News, which already has the new graphics. So BBC News just take the output from World and overlay their lower-thirds on the image.

Oh, I did wonder about that. I presumed it was to simulcast the images to the BBC and it was from another service they were borrowing images from :o
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Looked at the EPG for Monday, changes are

18:30 Sportsday - reduced to 15 minutes
    22:30 The Papers
    22:45 Sportsday
    23:30 The Papers
    23:45 Sportsday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »

Looks like they're going to go head to head with Sky's Paper Preview. At present they're staggered.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »

Sportsday is already 15 minutes Monday-Friday. It used to be on at 1845.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Sportsday is already 15 minutes Monday-Friday. It used to be on at 1845.

Sorry, I compared Friday 15th with Monday 18th, Sportsday being 30 minutes on Friday.