Options

EE - Scott Maslen Rules Out Jack Branning Return

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delighted to hear this. I couldn't stand Jack Branning especially his cavalier attitude towards his kids and his acting all high and mighty even though he was far from perfect.

The Scott/Tanya relationship was horrendous too >:(

I didn't think Scott was a good actor either although I did like his character in the Bill :o
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That actors are exactly like the rest of us?

If you study to become a Actor it should be because you love the job
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. Jack was a terrible character and I was glad to see the back of him. All he ever did was get Mitchell women pregnant. The fact that his exit storyline happened all within the space of one episode spoke volumes; he was on the show six years and his departure had absolutely no dramatic impact whatsoever. It was like he was never there.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Good. Jack was a terrible character and I was glad to see the back of him. All he ever did was get Mitchell women pregnant. The fact that his exit storyline happened all within the space of one episode spoke volumes; he was on the show six years and his departure had absolutely no dramatic impact whatsoever. It was like he was never there.

I hope all he was asked back for was one episode to attend Jim's funeral. Anything else would be a joke. His character is best left forgotten in the past where he belongs.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked his character in the Bill but found him quite dull in EE. I recall Janine randomly chaining him to a radiator which felt even dumber than Tanya burying Max.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess I'm in a minority and actually liked Jack. A shame they didn't let him go the distance with Ronnie. They were such a good couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm in a minority and actually liked Jack. A shame they didn't let him go the distance with Ronnie. They were such a good couple.

I thought him and Ronnie were popular, but Scott seemed to have better chemistry with Lisa Maxwell in the Bill IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I liked his character in the Bill but found him quite dull in EE. I recall Janine randomly chaining him to a radiator which felt even dumber than Tanya burying Max.

The irony being that the radiator actually had more personality than Jack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    The irony being that the radiator actually had more personality than Jack.

:D:D Harsh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    :D:D Harsh!

But fair! :p
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    If you study to become a Actor it should be because you love the job

Of course but they still have bills to pay and families to support. Some actors will take on acting jobs purely for the money (and still do them well) so they can spend the rest of their time doing the work they actually love (often stage work) which doesn't pay enough to actually live on if they do it all the time for their whole career.

Many "jobs' are vocations, medicine, teaching to name two and people will accept that they will earn less than in other professions but they still need to earn enough to live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss Jack but I'm disappointed that it's unlikely we will see Penny again without him. Penny would be in her late teens now. She was paralysed due to her Jack's corruption and neglected by him. She could be an interesting character.