Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVI (Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 71,005
Administrator
Well, at least it will build up the excitement for Smackdown!
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1457192

Comments

• Options
      richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,023
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And we are off for part 16 :D
    • Options
      gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Joop&Lynx wrote: »
      Just a quick question.

did anyone else lose their series link for RAW on Tuesday morning on Sky?

Not a problem, but I had to set it record again, and it wouldn't let me series link it :(

I'm not too sure why the Sky series link isn't picking up Raw just now.There is no series link for next weeks Raw.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
    • Options
      TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,991
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ah, good old speculation. Got to love it.
    • Options
      AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      TMLS313 wrote: »
      Ah, good old speculation. Got to love it.

Oi! Its on the Internet! So its Gospel, got it?
    • Options
      Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I dont know what it is but I kind of agree with Vince and some others about Christian not being a champion, I like him and he's over massively with the fans and hes a strong in ring competitor but he's not someone who sells merchandise or tickets which is a shame. He'd be a great secondary champion but we all know how much distain the WWE put on those titles

oh and welcome to page 16 folks
    • Options
      sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      WrestleZone is reporting an update on the CM Punk contract situation.

Apparantly Punk is happy and wants to re-sign, the problem is Vince McMahon wanting the trademark of the name CM Punk. Punk is one of very few to come through the independants as a success and keep his name in the WWE.

Punk is wisely resisting this, because if anything were to happen and he found himself looking for work again he wouldnt be able to use the name CM Punk and that would pretty much kill his career (who the hell is phil brooks anyway?).

Pretty believable, I hope Punk signs obviously but not at the cost of his name.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
      Forum Member
      I haven't read the spoilers. I think I'll wait and see myself on Friday.
    • Options
      ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      It makes sense though. Orton is to Smackdown what Cena is to Raw. They're the top two faces in the company and they are superstars who will attract a crowd to watch a WWE Show.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both Raw and Smackdown progress with Cena and Orton as the champions respectively. Should be quite interesting.
    • Options
      Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,924
      Forum Member
      Wow a new thread this must be the 1 billionth:D. God we must love talking about WWE on DS:D.
      Just read the spoilers on this thread or the previous one about Christian I think its a shame that he lost the World title just 2 days after winning the title at Extreme Rules I really wanted him to have a decent run with the title but at the same time Im pleased that Randy Orton is WHC last year I really wanted to see him drafted to Smackdown just so he can win the World title. I just hope he feuds with Cody Rhodes one day.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Im not too fussed over Christian i mean he is getting on in years and at least he can say he had that one World Championship run, not the longest of runs but hes a former world champion all the same which not too many people can say.

And hes more of a star maker than a star in his own right, he could have a nice fued with Orton over the belt or maybe someone else on Smackdown so hes still a respectable hand in the WWE and I guess that little reign was a thank you of sorts.

Then taking it off him was a f**k you you went to TNA :p

As for the Punk story, I really want him to stay in the WWE hes a real entertaining part of the show and can put on classics with practically anyone.

But hes completely right, its in his interest to keep hold of that name and the WWE should be wise enough to know to just back down on this one. WWE cant really be doing with losing anymore top talent especially one who like punk is such a class act.

Think Vince needs to step down on this one, and this is from someone who thinks Vince is right in most cases. :D
    • Options
      richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,023
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wow a new thread this must be the 1 billionth:D. God we must love talking about WWE on DS:D.
      Just read the spoilers on this thread or the previous one about Christian I think its a shame that he lost the World title just 2 days after winning the title at Extreme Rules I really wanted him to have a decent run with the title but at the same time Im pleased that Randy Orton is WHC last year I really wanted to see him drafted to Smackdown just so he can win the World title. I just hope he feuds with Cody Rhodes one day.

You obviously haven't seen the JJJ AT on the BB forum or the Chryed AT in the soaps section :D Loooooooong way to go yet before we are even reaching them :p
    • Options
      Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,769
      Forum Member
      Its been pretty obvious that Christian isnt seen as top guy for a while but just two days as champion? It seems a real kick in the teeth. Why couldnt they just have booked Orton vs Christian at the next PPV and have him drop it there?
    • Options
      KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Georged123 wrote: »
      Its been pretty obvious that Christian isnt seen as top guy for a while but just two days as champion? It seems a real kick in the teeth. Why couldnt they just have booked Orton vs Christian at the next PPV and have him drop it there?
      I agree with that. It's a joke having him loose it 2 days later.
    • Options
      ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The WWE gets Zacked. :D Thought I would share something light-hearted after the pages of spoilers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUR5eBEURKk

:)
    • Options
      wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
      Forum Member
      Nothing wrong with the spoilers. It's just the internet smarks are upset once again, can never please them. Their never happy.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The WWE gets Zacked. :D Thought I would share something light-hearted after the pages of spoilers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUR5eBEURKk

:)

Needs The Undertaker.
    • Options
      ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      sepmix wrote: »
      Needs The Undertaker.

Yeah he should get Zacked and join the Zack Pack. :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/feed_news-19327-WWE_Unveiling_New_TV_Programs_Soon.php?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Looks like the internet and Youtube is the way forward for us UK viewers as I dont think Sky will keep up with the amount of shows WWE will have in the future.

I mean we havent even got Tough Enough yet so how are we going to get these.
    • Options
      brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      another new show?!? they dont even have a home in the us for superstars or nxt

wwe hurt themselves by taking ecw off, at least that gave the midcards a place to perform rather than being on superstars, at least bring in a couple of belts like the TV championship or the lightweight belt and create some lesser storylines because the main event scene is just stale
    • Options
      D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      matty125 wrote: »
      http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/feed_news-19327-WWE_Unveiling_New_TV_Programs_Soon.php?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Looks like the internet and Youtube is the way forward for us UK viewers as I dont think Sky will keep up with the amount of shows WWE will have in the future.

I mean we havent even got Tough Enough yet so how are we going to get these.

The description "live event shows" to me suggests it won't actually be wrestling.
    • Options
      sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      D.M.N. wrote: »
      The description "live event shows" to me suggests it won't actually be wrestling.

I took it as the opposite, I think it will definitely be wrestling.
    • Options
      KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      "live event show" means something televised as it happens like RAW or just that its done in front of an audience like all their shows?

I find it hard to believe they are doing 2 new wrestling shows, unless some of current ones are being scrapped.
    • Options
      MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Federation in a surprise swoop for some killer talent (twins, no less!) from Ingushetia.

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in with an inspired marketing call like this.
    • Options
      steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Well, if they are looking to turn the older fanbase against Orton, quickly, then they're going about it the right way. All this does is slowly build resentment against Orton. Which would be a damn shame, since unlike John Cena, Orton actually has a strong fanbase amongst the older fans as well as the kids.

And people actually wonder why fans slowly started to turn against Cena in 05, right there on Tuesday is your reason.

Not Happy
    This discussion has been closed.