Options

Terra Nova (Uk Pace) *No Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else could it be? Either her or the English scientist guy. The Aussie barman would have been too obvious even for this lot.
    Maddie's boyfriend
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else could it be? Either her or the English scientist guy. The Aussie barman would have been too obvious even for this lot.
    You do have to admit it's surprising the English scientist guy wasn't the spy - after all the English are normally the bad guys
  • Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    You do have to admit it's surprising the English scientist guy wasn't the spy - after all the English are normally the bad guys

I expect they are saving him to be eaten by a very hungry dinosaur. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Thing is I already knew Sky was the traitor from the early episode where the sixers let her into their vehicle to escape the hungry dinosaurs.

Was Sky being the spy supposed to be a surprise? Like you, i figured it out from very early on. I thought it was an accepted fact by now that she was the spy.
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Maddie's boyfriend

Speaking of which, that scene where he "declared his intentions" for Maddie was probably the most cringeworthy thing i've seen on this show, and that's saying something. He's known her for what? A month?:eek::rolleyes:

PS: I know i said i'd quit watching this last week, but i forgot to delete the series link and it recorded it anyway, so while i was bored with nothing to watch i figured i'd just watch it, there's only 3 episodes left now anyway, might as well see it out. It's like watching a car crash, it's terrible, but i can't take my eyes away from it:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

Speaking of which, that scene where he "declared his intentions" for Maddie was probably the most cringeworthy thing i've seen on this show, and that's saying something. He's known her for what? A month?:eek::rolleyes:
    p

Definately. If someone ever comes up to me like that if i ever have a daughter, He will get a punch in the face.

Which is exactly what i want to do with him.

All his scenes get a nice fast forwarding on my sky plus
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Agree it would be good to have some non "Terra Nova" episodes. There's a great series here just begging to break out.

Thing is I already knew Sky was the traitor from the early episode where the sixers let her into their vehicle to escape the hungry dinosaurs.
    I can't even remember that scene! I was saddened that it was her though. It just seemed implausible. I suppose it doesn't matter though as the whole show is pretty implausible! :D
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I can't even remember that scene! I was saddened that it was her though. It just seemed implausible. I suppose it doesn't matter though as the whole show is pretty implausible! :D

Episode 2 - after the moonshine, and the attack by the slashers - when they race toward the seemingly abandoned vehicle. The slasher dinosaur is getting closer. Skye opens the door to find a Sixer inside. She convinces the man to let the teens inside. I had her pinned as a spy or a sixer then.
    With you on the implausibility of the whole show...
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched last weeks episode. Great start - then went downhill. I've quite taken to Taylors character. The rest should be replaced for the good of the series. I agree the family stuff is cliched and makes me cringe (fast forward). Interesting ethical issues from the future though - clearly identified at the end - but probably not intentional.

TV doesn't have much on offer in the way of different at the moment so I'll happily continue watching despite all it's faults.

Can we keep Boylan as well??
    Vol wrote: »
    So the Sixer Leader is only evil because some bad guys have her daughter.
    And the girl spy/traitor is only doing it because the Sixers have medicine for her 'mom'.

Way to make your characters morally grey Terra Nova writers...

Boylan doesn't really seem to give a monkey's about the political situation and is only trading with the Sixers for money etc.
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 - after the moonshine, and the attack by the slashers - when they race toward the seemingly abandoned vehicle. The slasher dinosaur is getting closer. Skye opens the door to find a Sixer inside. She convinces the man to let the teens inside. I had her pinned as a spy or a sixer then.
    With you on the implausibility of the whole show...

I don't think the writers even knew at that point! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot1000 wrote: »
    I don't think the writers even knew at that point! :D

Yeah of course they did. It really looked like she was in with the sixers at the time. I'll watch it again when it's repeated - errrh on second thoughts I probably won't...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote: »
    watching the first two episodes, Outcasts popped in my head. This new series reminds me of Outcasts - with the two 'warring' factions, one on the inside and the others on the outer. fighting against each other.

I'm now wondering will we see bones on a beach at some point?!
    I started watching for the first time yesterday and it seemed exactly the same: grey haired commander. Female lead a doctor. Separate colonists who arrived earlier and are engaged in an unending power struggle with those on the compound. Compound itself relatively easy for people to slip in and out of illicitly. Some big secret back on Earth that the colonists have not been told about which has dire consequences for their future. Being an American series the only difference is that all the cast have impossibly dazzlingly white teeth, which is amazing given that they have come from an environmentally compromised planet with little access to real fruit and vegetables and probably cheese too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    It really annoyed me when the cop started smashing up his laboratory: the medical supplies must be in short supply and the English guy might have been in the midst of crucial experiments but yet the cop doesn't care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    It really annoyed me when the cop started smashing up his laboratory: the medical supplies must be in short supply and the English guy might have been in the midst of crucial experiments but yet the cop doesn't care.

Two reasons for that:

1. Hero Cop doesn't like English Doctor cos he knows that he still has a thing for his wife

2. Hero Cop always thinks with his fists and therfore looks down on anyone like English Doctor who thinks with his brains.

How long before Soldier Boy gets killed saving the life of Hero Cop's Daughter??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Even if "rated" means "watched" (as opposed to hyped :)), it's probably not that relevant as Sky is continually increasing the size of its customer base. So with more people who could watch, it's inevitable their audience numbers (but not necessarily proportion) will grow with every year.
    However that will have no bearing whatsoever on whether it gets a second series or becomes as extinct as its dinosaurs.
    Fortunately I didn't need either satellite or cable to watch it thanks to a site like Sidereel.It was free too and best of all NO adverts during the programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Two reasons for that:

1. Hero Cop doesn't like English Doctor cos he knows that he still has a thing for his wife

2. Hero Cop always thinks with his fists and therfore looks down on anyone like English Doctor who thinks with his brains.
    I noticed we were suppose to feel sorry for the Cop when police smashed up HIS family home.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    I noticed we were suppose to feel sorry for the Cop when police smashed up HIS family home.;)

We might have been supposed to but I certainly didn't.

It could be seen as karmic comeback for him smashing the lab
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did everyone forget to watch this tonight ?

:o

All set up for an action packed double episode on Boxing Day.......
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Did everyone forget to watch this tonight ?

:o

All set up for an action packed double episode on Boxing Day.......

Watched it and enjoyed it....
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow shocked at all the hate in this thread lol I sky + the series and have now caught up, while i have to admit the series has been disappointing and some of the cast very wooden i have still on the whole quite enjoyed it. I had not been expecting a new wonder series to be honest as i had missed a lot of the hype, i had hoped it would be a bit more original but still i like the concept Lost / Jurassic Park / Stargate all mixed into one, i just think they need to concentrate less on dopey cop and more on Taylor.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting more dinosaurs...........I thought it might be like a Bear Gryllis survival type show.........plucky humans fighting against an alien world of monsters and exploring their new world

But it's not really turned out like that after the first few episodes when they were fighting raptors all the time

Hardly ever see a dino now...........

It's not been memorable but it's OK to pass an hour
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I was expecting more dinosaurs...........I thought it might be like a Bear Gryllis survival type show.........plucky humans fighting against an alien world of monsters and exploring their new world

But it's not really turned out like that after the first few episodes when they were fighting raptors all the time

Hardly ever see a dino now...........

It's not been memorable but it's OK to pass an hour

I agree with that, im assuming budget would not allow, but ye more dinos please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weeks episode was quite watchable. :)
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Certainly was, and a nice set up for the kick off on Boxing Day.

I hope it gets renewed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was rather amusing when Boylan gave Hero Cop's Daughter that computer gizmo to try and get on Hero Cop's good side

It seemed to me that Boylan and Wheelchair Guy didn't seem too happy about Commander Hardcase's "We shall fight them on the beaches" type speech
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy this series. It has its flaws, but unfortunatly no program these days doesn't, and i'm sure when we take off our rose tinted specs, and look back, we quickly realise that every show has its flaws. This weeks Ep was excellant in setting up the finale on Boxing Day, i find the son's hate of his father a little silly, would you really punish your father by wiping out a whole planet and all its people, probably not, but still a good vehicle to bring the two way gate.