Options

Terra Nova (Uk Pace) *No Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Terra Nova confirmed as the highest rated US show in Sky's history.

Is this serious? A link would be appreciated.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member

Really?! I'm very surprised at that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it too, but it doesn't matter in any case. Even if TN had Sky's top ratings ever for the pilot, very many adults will have tired of its clunky, unoriginal and lazy scripts since then. I suspect the latest viewing figures have fallen off a cliff.
    Or more exactly, in a scene already used in dozens of films, the figures were forced to jump over a waterfall
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if "rated" means "watched" (as opposed to hyped :)), it's probably not that relevant as Sky is continually increasing the size of its customer base. So with more people who could watch, it's inevitable their audience numbers (but not necessarily proportion) will grow with every year.
    However that will have no bearing whatsoever on whether it gets a second series or becomes as extinct as its dinosaurs.
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google was rubbish, but bing yielded some better results.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends was their highest rated US show according to wikipedia with 2.8m in 2000 - did TN ever break 1m viewers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

Last night’s episode of Terra Nova, at 8pm, had just under 1 million viewers with 980,000 tuning in - more or less what the series had last week for its premier.

Referring to episode 3.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,987
    Forum Member
    The live shows of Got to Dance used to get those sorts of numbers...which is why it's back next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    The live shows of Got to Dance used to get those sorts of numbers...which is why it's back next month.

You have to be joking with that ridiculous comparison. Apples and oranges.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    Friends was their highest rated US show according to wikipedia with 2.8m in 2000 - did TN ever break 1m viewers?

That was in the days when they added all the showings together on BARB (they even used to add the Sunday omnibus of Eastenders to the weekday showings).

The Terra Nova figures are based on single showing +timeshift and not repeats.

So far the figures for the Monday evening showings have been:-

2.011m, 1.248m, 1.821m, 1.610m, 1.626m, 1.477m, 1.5m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might one have a source for that frankly unbelievable statement, perchance?:D
    bobcar wrote: »
    Is this serious? A link would be appreciated.

C21Media C21 Media
    #Sky's Stuart Murphy: #TerraNova is highest rating US drama on #Sky1 ever #SW2011

https://twitter.com/#!/C21Media
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,987
    Forum Member
    scumble wrote: »
    You have to be joking with that ridiculous comparison. Apples and oranges.
    Just saying that any show that Sky 1 has which gets around 1 million viewers or more is a big success for them.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched last weeks episode. Great start - then went downhill. I've quite taken to Taylors character. The rest should be replaced for the good of the series. I agree the family stuff is cliched and makes me cringe (fast forward). Interesting ethical issues from the future though - clearly identified at the end - but probably not intentional.

TV doesn't have much on offer in the way of different at the moment so I'll happily continue watching despite all it's faults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim, I'm a doctor not a chemist.:D
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe its the last one already. It's just started picking up steam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe its the last one already. It's just started picking up steam.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1641349/episodes

There you go.

EDIT @ 20:55.
    Well, we got some more exposition and the story advanced, albeit somewhat creakily.
    As for the traitor, I think the writers are trying to hard to make us care.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank goodness as that'd be a pretty crappy way to end S1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't work that out. Tonight's was episode 10. Next Monday the US get episode 11 (which we get on the 19th).

There's a double episode season finale (12-13) in the US on the 19th, which we get on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't work that out. Tonight's was episode 10. Next Monday the US get episode 11 (which we get on the 19th).

There's a double episode season finale (12-13) in the US on the 19th, which we get on Boxing Day.

It depends on how you count the episodes. IMDB counts 1&2 as 1 episode so we in the UK just watched ep 9. I presume the double ep (12 & 13) finale will count as 1 episode also.
    So we have 10 and 11 to go then the final double.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sky recording said tonights was episode 10
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the Sixer Leader is only evil because some bad guys have her daughter.
    And the girl spy/traitor is only doing it because the Sixers have medicine for her 'mom'.

Way to make your characters morally grey Terra Nova writers...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief, last nights episode was all a bit yuk. I like the outdoors scenes though so may try it with the sound off next time so I can ditch the dialogue and music and make my own up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Good grief, last nights episode was all a bit yuk. I like the outdoors scenes though so may try it with the sound off next time so I can ditch the dialogue and music and make my own up.

I think for the good of the show we have to go back to 2149 for a couple of episodes, (Basically avoid our current characters)

As actors they ain't bad, Just been handed terrible scripts.

Last weeks was a little better. But making Sky the traitor was pretty lame, Even worse that her mam was still alive and being used as bait for make her spy. Awful writing.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    I
    Last weeks was a little better. But making Sky the traitor was pretty lame,

Who else could it be? Either her or the English scientist guy. The Aussie barman would have been too obvious even for this lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    I think for the good of the show we have to go back to 2149 for a couple of episodes, (Basically avoid our current characters)

As actors they ain't bad, Just been handed terrible scripts.

Last weeks was a little better. But making Sky the traitor was pretty lame, Even worse that her mam was still alive and being used as bait for make her spy. Awful writing.

Agree it would be good to have some non "Terra Nova" episodes. There's a great series here just begging to break out.

Thing is I already knew Sky was the traitor from the early episode where the sixers let her into their vehicle to escape the hungry dinosaurs.