Options

Cheryl Cole - Credit Where It's Due

Comments

• Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people have such an issue with Cheryl. If I was offered however many millions of pounds to sit and judge a few singers every Saturday night then I'd jump at the chance. The girl is incredibly good looking and has made millions from singing, judging, modeling, clothing, fragrance etc. She has a great life and good on her. I'd love to be in her shoes. People are just jealous. Many of us would love her life, looks and money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair she doesnt have a lot else to do these days.
    I hear she's opening a new Lidl round our way soon:rolleyes:
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on! some people really make anything good sound bad.

I get what the OP was saying.

I have to add i am a massive GA fan and have been since day one. So maybe i'm biased?

But what you mean is L'Oreal paid her LOADS to front them. She isn't getting paid for the signing she's getting paid for the whole project of being involved and part of that involves a signing but it will not say she has to sign for everyone and for so long. I have seen so many celebs turn away people so if she signing for everyone credit where it's due.

I have to say at the Waterstones signing there where lots of fans outside and she met a few but not all, this was a year ago for her book. But this is a new occasion. I think she does get stick for being bad to fans that is what you would except from someone so famous,but i think she's quite good to fans. I have defintely heard of many fans saying she remembered them and from what i have seen seems very appreciative and very nice to fans and stuff.

I think there was a bit in the Promise This era where she started believing her own hype slightly but i think she is much more grounded now. The Nadine thing just grates on me, as i am confused why these two are acting like that to one another really. Nadine isn't too close with the others either, but for Cheryl not to reply to Nadine's texts was an awful thing to do, as well as not phoning her personally when she found out she was engaged. Nadine confirmed that she hadn't still spoken to Cheryl recently. A shame really, think these two have egoes flying with one another and i do think they'll reconcile for the reunion later this year,but in a few years they became so distant? whats gonna happen in say 10 years, i think they all need to remember and make an effort with each other.

Other than that, Cheryls a great solo artist. I have got every Girls Aloud thing released in my collection and all their solo material too. But they're a great band Girls Aloud, because every album was brilliant and without a bad song.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    wow five hours of work, maybe you should make a thread about me i did 8 hours of work

LOL

5 hours of signing your name, talking to people who think you are great and giving them gifts. Yeh what a hero is our Chez.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also heard that she fed and provided drinks to many of the people waiting to see her.

But she will never get credit on this forum. Rose West would be praised for completing her prison sentence before Cheryl is praised for anything.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Exactly.

For her book signing, she bought everyone hot chocolate who had been out in the cold waiting.

People on this forum will use anything to dig at Cheryl and she will never be praised for anything she does - ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scencia wrote: »
    But you still haven't explained how you know for certain she was only contracted for 2 hours

Yes I did. I said it was very well advertised and it was advertised that it would only be a signing for two hundred people with a strict two hour window.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on! some people really make anything good sound bad.

I get what the OP was saying.

I have to add i am a massive GA fan and have been since day one. So maybe i'm biased?

But what you mean is L'Oreal paid her LOADS to front them. She isn't getting paid for the signing she's getting paid for the whole project of being involved and part of that involves a signing but it will not say she has to sign for everyone and for so long. I have seen so many celebs turn away people so if she signing for everyone credit where it's due.

I have to say at the Waterstones signing there where lots of fans outside and she met a few but not all, this was a year ago for her book. But this is a new occasion. I think she does get stick for being bad to fans that is what you would except from someone so famous,but i think she's quite good to fans. I have defintely heard of many fans saying she remembered them and from what i have seen seems very appreciative and very nice to fans and stuff.

I think there was a bit in the Promise This era where she started believing her own hype slightly but i think she is much more grounded now. The Nadine thing just grates on me, as i am confused why these two are acting like that to one another really. Nadine isn't too close with the others either, but for Cheryl not to reply to Nadine's texts was an awful thing to do, as well as not phoning her personally when she found out she was engaged. Nadine confirmed that she hadn't still spoken to Cheryl recently. A shame really, think these two have egoes flying with one another and i do think they'll reconcile for the reunion later this year,but in a few years they became so distant? whats gonna happen in say 10 years, i think they all need to remember and make an effort with each other.

Other than that, Cheryls a great solo artist. I have got every Girls Aloud thing released in my collection and all their solo material too. But they're a great band Girls Aloud, because every album was brilliant and without a bad song.

This wasn't for L'Oreal, it was an opening of Stylistpick's shoe store and L'Oreal weren't involved officially. She did rope them in to provide the make up for the goody bags that everyone got and they also did make overs for the people waiting in the queue during the day.

People have the Nadine/Cheryl situation wrong. There are no real problems between Nadine and Cheryl. The problems are between Nadine and Kimberley. Nadine has said in the past that she had spoken to one of the other girls when she was here but that other girl denied ever hearing from her.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I also heard that she fed and provided drinks to many of the people waiting to see her.

But she will never get credit on this forum. Rose West would be praised for completing her prison sentence before Cheryl is praised for anything.

What?, her personally?. Would have liked to see that :cool::D

Reminds me of the loaves and fishes. Did she turn the water into wine also. :D:D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,019
    Forum Member
    sidsgirl wrote: »

Reminds me of the loaves and fishes. Did she turn the water into wine also. :D:D

She's a dab hand with 5 loafs from Greggs & 2 fish from Harry Ramsden's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

Well no, she paid for it. Still provided though even if she didn't deliver it by hand.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,019
    Forum Member
    ....I'd love to be in her shoes. ....

And you can now....for £119.95. :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a very silly statement.

But really, what is the OP praising her for? Doing her actual job which she is paid to do; just like millions of other people do every single day. She's not saving lives or writing interesting novels; she's simply signing a few autographs and being pleasant to people. Fair play but hardly a reason to start gushing incessantly.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a very silly statement

Well not entirely "silly". Slight over-exaggeration but the sentiment is the same. Such is the feeling towards Cole in this particular sub-forum, it's very highly unlikely that anything she would do would get anything but general cynicism or derision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well not entirely "silly". Slight over-exaggeration but the sentiment is the same. Such is the feeling towards Cole in this particular sub-forum, it's very highly unlikely that anything she would do would get anything but general cynicism or derision.

It's an incredibly silly, crass statement; how on earth can it be acceptable to bring Rose West into a Cheryl Cole thread?

And, IMHO, she hasn't done anything to merit the adulation she gets. She can't sing and now she is being praised for turning up to a contracted book signing. Just wow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a very silly statement.

But really, what is the OP praising her for? Doing her actual job which she is paid to do; just like millions of other people do every single day. She's not saving lives or writing interesting novels; she's simply signing a few autographs and being pleasant to people. Fair play but hardly a reason to start gushing incessantly.

It's not silly - it's probably true.

I wasn't just referencing to this thread but others where she deserves at least a fraction of praise - such as climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for charity, going to Afghanistan or setting up her own charity trust.

All of which I feel deserves some sort of praise or at least a 'good on her' but instead the same trivial, clueless posts are written.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an incredibly silly, crass statement; how on earth can it be acceptable to bring Rose West into a Cheryl Cole thread?

Everything but the kitchen sink is usually brought into these threads - so why stop now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not silly - it's probably true.

I wasn't just referencing to this thread but others where she deserves at least a fraction of praise - such as climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for charity, going to Afghanistan or setting up her own charity trust.

All of which I feel deserves some sort of praise or at least a 'good on her' but instead the same trivial, clueless posts are written.

Could you cite examples of such posts?

Or are you saying that anyone who isn't a fan of La Cole writes clueless, trivial posts, simply because they disagree with you?

And climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and going to Afghanistan etc are indeed admirable but it doesn't make me appreciate her non existent talent. Why should it? Such endeavours are part and parcel of the modern celebrity; be seen to be doing charity work and thinking of others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you cite examples of such posts?

Or are you saying that anyone who isn't a fan of La Cole writes clueless, trivial posts, simply because they disagree with you?

And climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and going to Afghanistan etc are indeed admirable but it doesn't make me appreciate her non existent talent. Why should it? Such endeavours are part and parcel of the modern celebrity; be seen to be doing charity work and thinking of others.

I'm not saying that at all. You don't need to be a fan to appreciate something somebody has done. I'm not a fan of Stella McCartney but I admire the work she does for charity.

I don't really see what her talent or lack of talent has to do with saying 'Oh that was actually nice of her to do' etc.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't sing and now she is being praised for turning up to a contracted book signing. Just wow.

She's not being praised for "turning up". She's being praised for, apparently, going above and beyond her initial commitment.

And what has her singing ability got to do with a book signing?
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm in about two pages time I can see this thread getting locked - PA, KP and now Cheryl Cole. What is it about these people that divides people so dramatically?
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking her more now she's using her Twitter account.

I Loved her Pre-X Factor but I felt on X Factor she lost her spark and just became a mouthpiece for Cowell.

Since the X Factor debacle, I like the fact she isn't avoiding issues and using her twitter to clear things up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that at all. You don't need to be a fan to appreciate something somebody has done. I'm not a fan of Stella McCartney but I admire the work she does for charity.

I don't really see what her talent or lack of talent has to do with saying 'Oh that was actually nice of her to do' etc.

But do you accuse people who might criticise Stella as making 'clueless' 'trivial' posts:confused:

Her lack of talent is everything to do with it. Some of us can praise her for the charity work whilst accepting that her celebrity is pure fluke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not being praised for "turning up". She's being praised for, apparently, going above and beyond her initial commitment.

And what has her singing ability got to do with a book signing?

Is she not famous as a singer then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone kiss arse when a celebrity does charity work? There's a reason they do it... For good PR. These celebrities always make such things so public...or their delusional fans try and make them out to be a saint. That story about "Cheryl waking up in the middle of the night to go down to Westfield" being a prime example. Makes me cringe how desperate they are to paint their icon on in a good light... Muppets.