Options

Emmerdale looking bitter at BSA's

Comments

• Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmy should have won a few awards, its pulled itself up by the boot straps since turner left but as usual is treated like the poor relation even though its ITV's best soap at the moment.
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is ITV's best soap by miles at the minute.

EE didnt say anything about Corrie winning at the NTA's other than to say it was blatant advertising for them.

I am a fan of all soaps bar Doctors and i have really enjoyed watching Aaron's stoyline but last night my opinion went down of him as he cant accept defeat in a didnified manner. Whether everyone else is faking it or not when clapping EE it's still better to look happy than to look devastated.

The difference between Keith Duffy and Danny Miller looking upset is that Keith was pretending but Danny was serious and whether or not they have a long running joke at Emmerdale, i dont believe one of them would have dared him to roll his eyes when on camera somehow.

The best actor may not have won but maybe the best man did.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Emmy should have won a few awards, its pulled itself up by the boot straps since turner left but as usual is treated like the poor relation even though its ITV's best soap at the moment.

It is a shame. To be honest, I only watch Emmerdale rarely, when I know something interesting is happening, for example when Aaron came out to Paddy, or the court appearance last week. But when I do see it I can tell it is of the same standard, if not better than when I did used to regularly watch it back in 02-06. Even then it was sidelined despite consistently great stories and amazing viewing figures for it's timeslot. I think the fact that two soaps on the same channel have a 'pecking order' is quite ridiculous.

On topic, I did see his reactions to the results, but I am sure it was all in good humour. Although, the cast did seem obviously abit disappointed that the show, in particular Miller and his story picked up no (deserved) awards. He definitely deserved to pick up best actor at the very least. It's a shame that his plotline coincided with EE's most talked-about story in years, and many voters seem to vote with their hormones. Scott Maslen wasn't even the best actor nominated within Eastenders, never mind altogether!
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    you are aware that was a joke right?
    Nothing beats, during one awards ceremony Kate Ford's reaction when Nicola from Emmerdale won best soap bitch, that was hilarious!

What happened?
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Claire King came on to present the award, and she started this big long speech about how the winner had taken her place as the biggest bitch, to me, indicating that it was someone from Emmerdale and how they were good at it. You could see Kate Ford getting all smiley and to me, it seemed that she thought she'd won it, and then when Nicola's name was announced, Kate Ford (who was seen on camera) just said 'oh', and then Nicola got up to get her award. IMO, judging by Kate Ford's face, she thought she'd got it and her reaction when she didn't, was hilarious.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Claire King came on to present the award, and she started this big long speech about how the winner had taken her place as the biggest bitch, to me, indicating that it was someone from Emmerdale and how they were good at it. You could see Kate Ford getting all smiley and to me, it seemed that she thought she'd won it, and then when Nicola's name was announced, Kate Ford (who was seen on camera) just said 'oh', and then Nicola got up to get her award. IMO, judging by Kate Ford's face, she thought she'd got it and her reaction when she didn't, was hilarious.

:D Wish I had seen this! It's a shame that award got scrapped, as bitches are not always villains. But then again I remember a few occasions where they were scrapping the barrel for the nominees, with a couple of characters put forward merely because they made the occasional bitchy comment.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Don't blame them, these awards may as well be renamed to the EastEnders Reward Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another example of my previous post, I saw an exchange going on between Danny Miller and Adam Thomas (Adam Barton) after Danny was caught staring at Suzanne Shaw's boobs. It was a kind of 'see I did it' type of exchange. Plus the Emmerdale cast are always ripping into each other on Twitter. Yesterday Adam and James Thornton (John Barton) announced that Danny was leaving at the end of the year to join Hollyoaks!! :eek: (I must add this is entirely untrue and was just meant to be a bit of banter between them)

EDIT: Bib was ITV2 btw

Think that's overanalysing things quite a bit, I think Danny was just like oh it's Eastenders again when he was on camera and was just genuinely gutted. Likewise he was just having a cheeky look down suzanne's dress. I don't think it was bitter reaction from him on itv1 though, the 5 that were on weren't bitter on itv2 either just disappointed n defiant that they still thought the show was on the up despite the results...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Don't blame them, these awards may as well be renamed to the EastEnders Reward Show.

it's hardly EE fault they won so many, is it? what are they supposed to do, say oh the people on emmerdale really deserve this

EE has been better than Emmerdale this year in my opinion

I know danny miller probably deserved actor award but that's about it and If i hear another word about how Emmerdale was robbed, I'lll scream

When EE doesnt do very well, I never hear any of them moaning plus jake wood and steve mcfadden never complain about the fact they have never been in the running either

I defo though EE deserved best soap, Episode, Actress and newcomer at least
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laur_od wrote: »
    Think that's overanalysing things quite a bit, I think Danny was just like oh it's Eastenders again when he was on camera and was just genuinely gutted. Likewise he was just having a cheeky look down suzanne's dress. I don't think it was bitter reaction from him on itv1 though, the 5 that were on weren't bitter on itv2 either just disappointed n defiant that they still thought the show was on the up despite the results...

It wasn't just a cheeky look though was it? It was so obvious which is why I think he meant to do it!
  • Options
    when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    it's hardly EE fault they won so many, is it? what are they supposed to do, say oh the people on emmerdale really deserve this

EE has been better than Emmerdale this year in my opinion

I know danny miller probably deserved actor award but that's about it and If i hear another word about how Emmerdale was robbed, I'lll scream

When EE doesnt do very well, I never hear any of them moaning plus jake wood and steve mcfadden never complain about the fact they have never been in the running either

I defo though EE deserved best soap, Episode, Actress and newcomer at least

Emmerdale was robbed!
    :D How could I resist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emmerdale was robbed!
    :D How could I resist?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't just a cheeky look though was it? It was so obvious which is why I think he meant to do it!
    He's a lad and him and suzanne are clearly mates he was just being cheeky, you're overreading it. The others just laughed cos it and the way she reacted was funny, that's all...
  • Options
    Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Danny Miller had a right to look dismayed. EE won most of the awards and many of their cast members still looked like soor-faced g!ts. Charlie Clements, Lacey Turner and Gillian Wright were the main culprits. Misery personified with them three.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Oh cut em some slack. Danny is clearly a lad with a sense of humour who playfully rolled his eyes. The cast of ED go somewhat ignored in these awards from what i can gather but remain pretty dignified despite that.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish over-rated character [ IMHO]..:yawn:

Glad he didn't win, suck on that lemon Danny Miller:mad::rolleyes:

Haha it was funny when he kept rolling his eyes, lmao only made him a sore loser and not gracious in defeat.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmmk17 wrote: »
    i didn't see it as arrogance that he thought he should have won, i saw it as "oh eastenders again :rolleyes:"
    i'm glad he didn't act like everyone else pretending to be happy, someone has to tell it like it was - a farce!

Would have been a farce imo if he won:yawn: , lol but he didn't so it's cool :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Rubbish over-rated character [ IMHO]..:yawn:

Glad he didn't win, suck on that lemon Danny Miller:mad::rolleyes:

Haha it was funny when he kept rolling his eyes, lmao only made him a sore loser and not gracious in defeat.

spoken like a true humble EE fan
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    At least Danny Miller had a right to look dismayed. EE won most of the awards and many of their cast members still looked like soor-faced g!ts. Charlie Clements, Lacey Turner and Gillian Wright were the main culprits. Misery personified with them three.

well said!
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    but they always look miserable.:D Lacey has held the same expression for five years running, which brings me to the conclusion that, that's just her natural face when relaxed. It just looks unpleasent in the context of the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well said!

it seems to me EE has to apologise for winnng

bloody hell

and the people who are coming across as bitter appear to be in the emmerdale camp
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale deserved something at least for this storyline, while as usual EastEnders is completely over rewarded. Frankly Danny Miller was justified in looking pissed off in some of those decisions.

The compilation clips of all the soaps shown last night just showed how poor EastEnders is - all it is is basically the same character in various guises shouting at each other - none of the emotional depth of any of the other soaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Emmerdale deserved something at least for this storyline, while as usual EastEnders is completely over rewarded. Frankly Danny Miller was justified in looking pissed off in some of those decisions.

The compilation clips of all the soaps shown last night just showed how poor EastEnders is - all it is is basically the same character in various guises shouting at each other - none of the emotional depth of any of the other soaps.

Totally agree with this. I dont watch Eastenders but the clips that were shown were 'ok' but nothing special imo. Emmerdale deserved recognition, but as usual doesnt get it! Never mind!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »

why the bloody hell didnt the public vote for emmerdale then? it's all very well saying emmerdale was robbed but people clearly didnt vote and before anyone says EE fans voted multiple timnes, I only voted once and in any case, why didnt emmerdale fans vote multiple times

the emmerdale fans only have themselves to blame

why can't they just accept the public liked EE better