Options

Do women/girls like men?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So to dismiss what is fact in a lot of cases, I have to click on a link from a pretend punk rock group.
    Consumerism and oneupmanship has given the human race a bad attitude to each other.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i much prefer the company of men to other women, i`m not very handbag or heel oriented.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it hard trying to decide which gender I should like more so to save time I just hate everyone.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why the ones who are superficial tend to end up getting divorced.
    Its a bit hard to generalise, but speaking as a man I think my attractiveness would go up if I had a lot of money and could be bothered to buy a car.

So women are welcome to their fantasies.

This is tiresome, why do some guys keep going on about this, we see it so much on DS, and its crap. If you were to win the lottery tomorrow you won't suddenly find that you are significantly more attractive*

* you may find some vacuous types sniffing around you here and there, maybe quite a few if you go out of your way to find them, but for the majority of people it makes very little difference and if you court the vacuous types the non vacuous types will be repelled from you.

*2 you might find that you struggle generally or are unattractive if you are pretty much destitute or have no type of career and ambition at all; this is not because wealth affects attractiveness, its because nobody wants to be stuck unable to do anything, have a hanger on or have the stress and worry of how they are going to pay the bills. But that clearly isn't the same thing.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So to dismiss what is fact in a lot of cases, I have to click on a link from a pretend punk rock group.
    Consumerism and oneupmanship has given the human race a bad attitude to each other.

No; I posted the link as that was what sootysoo was quoting in the post you responded to, i.e. he/she wasn't making a serious statement.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why the ones who are superficial tend to end up getting divorced.
    Its a bit hard to generalise, but speaking as a man I think my attractiveness would go up if I had a lot of money and could be bothered to buy a car.

So women are welcome to their fantasies.

If you need money to make you more attractive, there's something wrong with your personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    If you need money to make you more attractive, there's something wrong with your personality.

Well, quite.

We'd all like more money but the only people I ever hear blaming money on why they can't get a partner always have some other issue they are severely overlooking.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »
    I find it uncomfortable when some women use flirting try to manipulate me, especially in business,its so obvious, do they really think I am that dumb.

I can even switch it , to make a sale ,let them think they have got a better deal because of the flirting , where as its the same deal everyone gets

They are not very good salespeople then. In a previous life, I worked with the best, most highly trained salesforce in the UK and guess who sold the most? Young, good looking women.
    You don't have to do the 'cleavage close' to get a sale which is very obvious, it can be much more subtle than that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    Every time I hear the radio news/tv news/internet news there's yet another case of some man sexually molesting a woman or young girl - or allegedly molesting a woman/girl.

I wonder if this constant stream of 'men abusing women' news items distort a woman's perception of a man. What I mean is... do women/girls hear news items like this and think

Just curious. As I say, we've had so many news items - Rolf Harris, Max Clifford, William Roache, Jimmy Saville, Michael Jackson and there's always some news item about domestic sexual abuse (most often the man - father/other relative) abusing a young woman, and there's date rape cases, female genital mutilation etc. It's endless. It's depressing.

Does all this stuff make women dislike men?

(post edited due to bad typing)

Ray, If you don't no the answer then sadly you don't know what your missing:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with my personality.
    I am obviously in the company of non materialistic, honest people who would never go after someone just for the reason that they are rich.
    I feel honoured to be in the company of such moralistic people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am obviously in the company of non materialistic, honest people who would never go after someone just for the reason that they are rich.

Its true though, most people do not gravitate towards wealth. If they liked you before they will like you when you have money, if they didn't like you before they won't like you when you do; this is true with both men and women in relationships and friendships.

You'll only find vacuous types if that's what you try to court and they are in the minority, most people aren't bought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not particularly moralistic people, it's just normal people.

I doubt any of us would say we would not prefer it if we/our partner were rich.

But you are saying that you become more attractive to people when you have money. This may be the case for a one night stand/short term relationship but it makes little difference long term which is what people here are talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really not trying to be an arse, but from personal experience someone chose someone else over me because they had a better paid job and a car.
    They had 2 kids together and ended in a bitter divorce a few years later.

Obviously a shallow type who I was better off without then ?
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,074
    Forum Member
    I'm really not trying to be an arse, but from personal experience someone chose someone else over me because they had a better paid job and a car.

Yes. You don't need someone in your life who'd throw you over for a car and money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, if she was in fact driven by the car and money and not something else such as some personality trait that she preferred.

Anyway, why would you want someone who doesn't want you and who wouldn't want you for who you are?

Generally though, people don't gravitate towards money in that way.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How d'you know he wasn't more entertaining and better in bed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Definitely.

And that works for both sides of the argument - Don't go for shallow people and also don't think just because someone has money and a nice car it will be enough.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably. Some women are crap. Some men are crap. Saying all women are attracted only to rich men is like saying all men are perverts.

And if you can't get a stunning woman without a car, chances are you aren't so hot yourself so a car and money won't make a blind bit of difference.

My advice to guys who bemoan the fact that beautiful women only want rich guys is stop being so shallow and start looking within your league, and have a look at your attitude towards other human beings.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"