Options

Big Brother's Little Court

Comments

• Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiyay wrote: »
    She was talking to the closer journalist about the shoot she was doing for them.

You think she's done a sexy lingerie type shoot before? where?

Josie did actually look quite nice in The curvissa Lingerie shoot to promote Plus size women could get really nice/sexy underwear these days ,and not just the Old Boulder holders and Bridget Jones pants :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    I don't remember anyone describing those shots as the 'blonde bombshell' variety, did you?

Literal as opposed to implied, if you want to view it that way you will, I think it's pretty obvious that's what she meant.

Plenty said Josie looked a blonde bombshell in the Curvissa shoot, she was curvy .
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    No sorry Jacky if she meant that she wouldnt have said
    "“I never would have done a lingerie shoot beforeso this is a first for me,” gushes Josie, who’s gone from 16st and a size 20 at her heaviest to 10st 2lbs and a size 8.

Explain what the BEFORE is all about ? before she lost weight ? before she forgot about her Curvissa shoot and naked shoot ?

but she actualy tweeted it was her first lingerie shoot since loseing weight
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember right that formed part of an article about women and their body image, more about self empowerment, self image than sex.

It's NOW Magazine we're talking about here!!!!

Serving up a heady cocktail of celebrity fluff, fashion, hair and horoscopes. Not exactly the first stop for informative or intelligent discussion about women's issues.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    Josie did actually look quite nice in The curvissa Lingerie shoot to promote Plus size women could get really nice/sexy underwear these days ,and not just the Old Boulder holders and Bridget Jones pants :o

and yet, although undoubtedly she has lost a lot of weight, she is still wearing the Bridget Jones pants, I am guessing she has been left with a lot of wobbly bits and stretch marks unfortunately:(
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I just see it differently to you

And, honestly that's not a problem. Even the regs here see some things differently (eg I thought the Crab was appalling and also detest Alex Reid, while some here like one or both).

But that's based on subjective opinion. It's not outright denial of facts. The facts may have led us to eventually think one thing or another but they are undeniable.
    Trying to turn them on their head doesn't help your argument, in my opinion.
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Kabira wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/EjsO7rS

Josie thinking she is being sexy and alluring.

omg......

very alluring...:eek: what has she got in her mouth...?

when I was saying blonde bombshell, I was talking more about the style of shots.....the 3/4 length from behind....with the subject up on high heels to make the legs look longer etc...

Josie does look good in the latest lingerie shots....

but then some of the most glamorous blonde bombshells were to me curvy women like Diana Dors and Marilyn Monroe...

you dont have to be skinny to do those kind of poses,
  • Options
    kiyaykiyay Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robokitten wrote: »
    She did an 'exclusive naked shoot' for Closer magazine last month...

Well she's wearing miniscule pants but I'm not sure i'd describe it as a lingerie shoot but it's closer than the curvissa comparison so you're starting to sway me you just haven't convinced me fully yet :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    but she actualy tweeted it was her first lingerie shoot since loseing weight

She may well have done, but not before she said in Closer that it was her 1st lingerie shoot that she would never have dared do BEFORE, im asking what the before is about ? it cant be before she lost weight because she did one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well she's wearing miniscule pants but I'm not sure i'd describe it as a lingerie shoot but it's closer than the curvissa comparison so you're starting to sway me you just haven't convinced me fully yet :)

Did you see the Curvissa shoot pictures ? she showed more of her body than she has in the Closer shoot, she is wearing normal size knickers in the Curvissa shoot in Closer apart from the one piece she is wearing Simon Cowel type knickers :D
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    and yet, although undoubtedly she has lost a lot of weight, she is still wearing the Bridget Jones pants, I am guessing she has been left with a lot of wobbly bits and stretch marks unfortunately:(

Not according to her DVD Pic ;) You're not suggesting any Photoshopping went on Surely :eek: :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Well with all this fresh evidence of fakery, I see the prosecution files are bulging at the seams more than fat-phase Gibson in a red bikini. But really how can anyone take seriously these 'black is white' arguments, when the contradictions are there for all to see? You might as well try to nail a jelly to the ceiling as argue with that kind of mucker logic :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member

BiB. I don't think anyone is out to persuade a poster one way or the other. To me this thread is about commenting on the vacuous lifestyles and sometimes downright lies of the Zelebs and the lengths they will go to when making money.

To me it's more like a rorschach test.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with saying... ok... it's Josie talking rubbish again ... she HAS done other knickers shoots... but I still like her in these.
    Go on, you know you want to.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    She may well have done, but not before she said in Closer that it was her 1st lingerie shoot that she would never have dared do BEFORE, im asking what the before is about ? it cant be before she lost weight because she did one.

But that was at least a week ago so you're not supposed to remember. I think the AT show is an indication of how long our memories are supposed to be, don't you? Brings a whole new meaning to living in the media goldfish bowl :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    Not according to her DVD Pic ;) You're not suggesting any Photoshopping went on Surely :eek: :cry:

I am fully expecting amazon to do one of their bundles - £5 off if you buy miracle fat loss DVD and photoshop at the same time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    But that's based on subjective opinion. It's not outright denial of facts. The facts may have led us to eventually think one thing or another but they are undeniable.
    Trying to turn them on their head doesn't help your argument, in my opinion.

What fact did I deny, I think she said exactly what was quoted, the only difference is my perception of that fact or quote is different to other peoples, it doesn't make my subjective opinion any less valid if just means I don't agree with the majority view of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    I am sure you have already discussed this in depth at a previous time but could it be possible Josie actually said something like I never felt all that comfortable before doing an underwear shoot but I do now? Now obviously I have very little ( ie none)experience of the media world and the way it works but I kinda get the feeling Josie did not write that interview, a journalist did and put a spin on her words to make it more dramatic?
    I am sure I have read other celebrities say that things are taken out of context , words missed, things spun to fit a story. Just a theory.
    As for big knickers, not every person finds a thong sexy, a lot of lingerie has the larger knicker now, part of the Mad Men inspiration, but much better t say its because horrors she has loose skin. She is obviously thinner, pleased with her body ( it is mentioned enough) but se has saidshe has loose skin and needs to one up so what?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    Plus she has done knicker shots,naked shots, swimsuit shots before ut hey despite the big knickers she looks good. Even if she has had photo shop like every other woman who has their photo in a magazine unless its a special "look no photoshop" article.Every wrinkle and blemish will have been air brushed, just like the models on Next top Model etc, It happens, and its not Josiealone demanding it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with saying... ok... it's Josie talking rubbish again ... she HAS done other knickers shoots... but I still like her in these.
    Go on, you know you want to.

lol everyone seemingly so bothered I have a different view, why do you or they care so much, it's just another persons view at the end of the day isn't it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gussiecat wrote: »
    I am sure you have already discussed this in depth at a previous time but could it be possible Josie actually said something like I never felt all that comfortable before doing an underwear shoot but I do now? Now obviously I have very little ( ie none) of the media world and the way it works but I kinda get the feeling Josie did not write that interview, a journalist did and put a spin on her words to make it more dramatic?
    I am sure I have read other celebrities say that things are taken out of context , words missed, things spun to fit a story. Just a theory.
    As for big knickers, not every person finds a thong sexy, a lot of lingerie has the larger knicker now, part of the Mad Men inspiration, but much better t say its because horrors she has loose skin. She is obviously thinner, pleased with her body ( it is mentioned enough) but se has saidshe has loose skin and needs to one up so what?

Why do her supporters insist that she isnt photoshopped to within an inch of her life ? Her dvd cover shows a fully toned and svelt figure !
    I could go with your reasoning if the BEFORE wasnt put into the quote., In your senario they havent just misquoted a bit of what she said they have completeky altered it >>>> "“I never would have done a lingerie shoot before – so this is a first for me,” gushes Josie
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol everyone seemingly so bothered I have a different view, why do you or they care so much, it's just another persons view at the end of the day isn't it

Sigh, why are you bothered others disagree with your posts, just argue the points FFS.

Passive-aggressive hell, is the many fans of Josies default setting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure you have already discussed this in depth at a previous time but could it be possible Josie actually said something like I never felt all that comfortable before doing an underwear shoot but I do now? Now obviously I have very little ( ie none) of the media world and the way it works but I kinda get the feeling Josie did not write that interview, a journalist did and put a spin on her words to make it more dramatic?

there is nothing wrong at all with dressing to look your best whether you are in your underwear or fully clothed, however on the DVD cover we clearly see 'fat' josie stretch marks and all and 'thin' josie extremely toned and not a stretch mark in sight, with the clear message being buy my DVD and you can lose weight and loose skin and stretch marks just like me, and yet in subsequent photo shoots and on TV she seems to be rather more covered up
  • Options
    Forum Member

its caalled debating, one person gives their view, another person or persons gives an alternate view.
    Im not bothered by your view but because its different to mine i will challenge your view, its what usually happens on the none AT side of DS ;)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    same article

yes she does look amazing.....those are very staged blonde bombshell shots.....

she is almost unrecognisable as the girl who won BB11.
    I agree, she does look great and also that I wouldn't recognise her if I saw her now and had watched BB11 without knowing much of what's occurred in-between.
    Deeferone wrote: »
    My child lock will not let me open the link - is it the one in the blue dress? seen it on twitter.

She does look slim - no argument at all:)
    Child lock? ;)
    That's the second picture I've seen of her in high waisted pants like that since the weight loss. She wore similar for the Fabulous cover.

IMO she looks her best in the top pic from this article. Not to fat, not too thin. Somewhere in the middle and healthy.

http://style.uk.msn.com/health/josie-gibson-talks-about-her-weight-loss
    I thought she looked great there :)
    kfb wrote: »
    No, no, no - you've got it wrong! She never did a shoot like that for Curvissa ;):D
    I always thought the Curvissa shot was swimwear ... or am I confused?
    Could have been a sunny winter's day?? ... or not :D
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Josie Gibson ‏@Josiestweet
    Whenever I feel low now I just think of those poor woman who constantly have a fishy minge.
    She's been reading that other thread hasn't she ;)
    cobaye22 wrote: »
    anyone know the record for pages in a thread?
    I do recall the JJJAT getting very long on the odd occasion, certainly slows the thread down.
    cobis wrote: »
    Luke will say, "Jose, we’ve got a lodger – put some clothes on!" but it’s an old school friend staying with us,

another lodger :confused: I sense a pattern here (again)
    Her brother isn't it?
    aggs wrote: »
    She doesn't want to lose any more weight..
    She wants to drop another stone to be down to 5 stone (:eek:).
    She's weighs 10 stone.
    She weighs 6 stone.
    She hasn't done a <sexeh> photoshoot before,
    She has posed with and without skimpies in the past.

And that's just today ...
    Well that's as clear as mud then :D
    It's true, the higher knickers are very much 'in' ... the ones that look like shorts are the ones I get Laura, I see them everywhere - all the shops show very high - upper stomach/waist but sexy lingerie on their models seems to me these days. Midi knickers I see from various websites, is what they are called.
This discussion has been closed.