Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    I've just realised who Oliver is! His voice has been bugging me for ages, and I realised today that he plays James Bellamy on The Archers.
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I've just realised who Oliver is! His voice has been bugging me for ages, and I realised today that he plays James Bellamy on The Archers.
    It'll be good to put a face to a name when I watch it this evening.

I remember watching a drama with David Archer in it, years ago, and it took me ages to get who he was. He seemed so familiar, but I had never actually seen him before so in my mind I was trying to picture what else I had seen him in, before I realised that it was the voice, not the face, that was familiar. I've just looked him up on imdb and he has been in Doctors as well. I suppose the actors will be in the area !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looby383x wrote: »
    It'll be good to put a face to a name when I watch it this evening.

I remember watching a drama with David Archer in it, years ago, and it took me ages to get who he was. He seemed so familiar, but I had never actually seen him before so in my mind I was trying to picture what else I had seen him in, before I realised that it was the voice, not the face, that was familiar. I've just looked him up on imdb and he has been in Doctors as well. I suppose the actors will be in the area !

The first thing I ever saw him in was By the Sword Divided, which was really good. He was playing someone on the Parliamentarians side, when he's an Earl in real life :D He's been in Doctors a couple of times before. Some of the other actors have been in too - I think the one who plays Alistair played a naked cleaner in one episode and Usha has been in it too.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Has Toni been in Doctors before?
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else reckon that Zara has secretly entered this dance contest and will win on the day and then do a dance of honour with daniel ?
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    While I generally enjoyed the Mrs Tembe/Josh story, I thought the ending was pathetic. Claire was well into Josh and from pretty early on too and it was obvious where it would led too had he not been such a twitchy/irritable so and so but somehow Josh is someone who can't do dating and is always tempted to rape all or most of the time?! :confused:

I wasn't happy with Claire or Vivien with the way they reacted to Mrs T either. Both were adamant they knew what he had done, esp Claire who was so into him that she seemed determined to see Mrs T off on going on about Josh's past too much. Yes maybe Mrs T should have double checked that he had told the truth but she probably thought that because he had told her that he had been inside for rape that he would have told Claire and Vivien the truth too?

Josh peeved me off the most. The git blamed Mrs T for his own lies?! The pratt resents being helped too and that peeves me off even more! Mrs T should have thrown him out of the window, then throw him back in threw the window then back out again and then some......!

I'm not happy with the disorientated Heston storyline as that was the 3rd version of it in the last 2 or 3 years. First with Marina, then Curtis the burglar and then Heston getting paranoid that he was being burgled again and its obvious he still isn't completely over it. They need to move him on from these storylines for now, they are too repetitive. Same with Mrs T and her wanting to help people. That's the second time she's been kicked in the teeth for wanting to help people so if the people she comes across are so ungrateful and don't want to be helped, sod em!

On Niamh and her new guy. Hey I'm glad that she's met what seems to be a good nice guy who probably deserves her much more than Al, who while interesting and funny, is far too arrogant and takes people/things for granted too much. Al and Niamh can bounce off each other banter wise but he had his chance with her and his caution was way too OTT and he totally missed the signs - AGAIN.....Keeps on happening in Doctors doesn't it?

On Kevin, I would have chosen the mother! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That episode where that couple met online and both had odd behaviour patterns well gave me the giggles. I was thinking during that episode and with the way some characters are repeatedly called on during episodes, that they need the Tarzan rope, with the "roar" an all! Imagine the cast having to do that Tarzan rope scene and the roar as well?! :D:D:D

I liked that episode where Howard got given some credit at long last as a Special Constable and from Rob too. That female PC well got on my nerves though thinking she was better and was higher ranked when she wasn't just because she's paid to do the job! The stupid so and so didn't even make the connection that the BMW car that sped off while she was chasing that guy was linked to that guy!

@Dan, As the great Oliver Hardy often used to say to the great Stanley Laurel....."where have ya been"? I was getting a bit worried about ya as I had noticed you hadn't posted in ages and then when I looked up the last time you did post, it was at the end of May. Quite a record for you in gaps of posting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else reckon that Zara has secretly entered this dance contest and will win on the day and then do a dance of honour with daniel ?

Thought hadn't crossed my mind on that and I would doubt that is what will happen but do you think it will or have you seen a spoiler indicating that?

I think the locum just wants Daniel or anyone fanciable and is slowly going about trying to get him. The wife of the dance teacher looks trouble to me too. As soon as I saw her with that smile, I thought to myself, I've seen that type of smile plenty of times before and its got "Highly sexed" written all over it"! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    An article on DS today said some characters would be leaving. I vote for Zara - PLEASE. Painful acting.

Have you got a link for that?
    Well observed, I didn't know that. I recognised him, but couldn't place where I'd seen him.

That guy who played the unprofessional Private Detective, was he also in that Kay Mellor Drama Playing The Field? He reminded me of one of the main characters in that programmes but his hair is different now if it is him and he seems to have more hair as well if it is him too.
    sarah_2277 wrote: »
    How long ago is it that he committed his crime? Has he been out of prison long? I've only started watching again recently. Also is Daniel's wife mental given his past, she's basically shoving him into that new woman's arms!

I don't think that info has been mentioned or maybe it has and I missed it. Maybe seejay knows the answer on that one? Do you seejay? Apparently Josh was about to kill himself and Mrs T came across him and talked him out of it and it all went on from there. I think I saw that episode but I can't remember it if I did! :o:D:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    ^ I don't know where the article is but it confirms my suspisions that a certain person was going to leave.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    An article on DS today said some characters would be leaving. I vote for Zara - PLEASE. Painful acting.

Where can this be found please, unless it is the one from th BBC Press Office that is mentioned later in this thread. If so it is a bit vague isn't it we need more info don't we. How dare they just give us a mere morsal of info:D
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "An article on DS today said some characters would be leaving. I vote for Zara - PLEASE. Painful acting."

I watched a movie that included King George V1 and Queen Elizabeth. The "acrtress" who plays Zara was the late teenage Princess Elizabeth.
    Can you imagine a more bizarre miscasting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    That episode where that couple met online and both had odd behaviour patterns well gave me the giggles. I was thinking during that episode and with the way some characters are repeatedly called on during episodes, that they need the Tarzan rope, with the "roar" an all! Imagine the cast having to do that Tarzan rope scene and the roar as well?! :D:D:D

I liked that episode where Howard got given some credit at long last as a Special Constable and from Rob too. That female PC well got on my nerves though thinking she was better and was higher ranked when she wasn't just because she's paid to do the job! The stupid so and so didn't even make the connection that the BMW car that sped off while she was chasing that guy was linked to that guy!

@Dan, As the great Oliver Hardy often used to say to the great Stanley Laurel....."where have ya been"? I was getting a bit worried about ya as I had noticed you hadn't posted in ages and then when I looked up the last time you did post, it was at the end of May. Quite a record for you in gaps of posting?
    Lol
    Yeah I think it was the longest period of my time on DS that I've not been on.
    I am back for now at least :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Lol
    Yeah I think it was the longest period of my time on DS that I've not been on.
    I am back for now at least :p

At least you are ok. It gets worrying when posters suddenly drop off the radar just like that. I sure hope sunflower is ok too. Its been a long time since she's been on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    ^ I don't know where the article is but it confirms my suspisions that a certain person was going to leave.

Does the article exist though? Is it true even? This thread does seem to get some people posting who I get the impression, are not fans of the programme but for some reason just come on here to diss the programme.

I don't think any of the cast need to leave at the moment. Its a bit weird how they seem to struggle for fresh storylines with the characters though, esp as they have so many different people writing for the programme.

Maybe the problem is that they have loads of writers but the series producers are struggling to come up with fresh storylines in general? If that is correct then they should ask the writers for suggestions on where they should take the characters on new storylines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least you are ok. It gets worrying when posters suddenly drop off the radar just like that. I sure hope sunflower is ok too. Its been a long time since she's been on.
    Yeah i am fine thanks :)
    Yeah i know what you mean. There is loads of regular posters across this forum that has gone missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm worried about sunflower too especially considering things she said about her family life :(
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "An article on DS today said some characters would be leaving. I vote for Zara - PLEASE. Painful acting."

I watched a movie that included King George V1 and Queen Elizabeth. The "acrtress" who plays Zara was the late teenage Princess Elizabeth.

I thought it was a good casting, she didn't say much so I think it was more her looks and accent than anything that got her the role
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yeah i am fine thanks :)
    Yeah i know what you mean. There is loads of regular posters across this forum that has gone missing.

Good. :)
    I'm worried about sunflower too especially considering things she said about her family life :(

It could be her very bad health that has kept her from posting. Sadly her health is really bad.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bertie & Elizabeth. It`s in my top 5 fave miniseries ever. The costume and make up department did a brilliant job in making Elizabeth look like the teenage Princess Elizabeth.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take it we have to assume that Zara has been unfaithful?
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it we have to assume that Zara has been unfaithful?

I m sticking with my dance competition theory
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I m sticking with my dance competition theory

Yes, I think Zara is taking secret dance lessons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I think Zara is taking secret dance lessons.

I hope so.

I felt sorry for Al today. I also felt sorry for Mrs T - she was like a puppy with a sad face.
This discussion has been closed.