Options

Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah just read that, I'm not a big mma fan so had to google his name, signed with both TNA and bellator

He's a big pro wrestling fan and is good with promos, but presumably isn't a trained wrestler and (I'm just guessing here) may not want to take bumps as it'd damage him as a fighter (Ken Shamrock was never the same in MMA after doing wrestling).
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big signing indeed!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have done this before, didn't they go all out with the media blitz for "King Mo"?

And where is he now??

I will wait a bit longer before I get too excited, just to see what he does, and for how long he is around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rampage, who was UFC light heavyweight (205 pounds) champion at one point as well as being one of the leads in the A Team movie, is a much bigger name than King Mo. He also was in the main event of UFC 114, a pay per view that did over 1 million buys in North America. It's not impossible him being in TNA moves their rating up, especially if he's getting a mega push from Spike with his own reality show etc.

But as you say batdude_uk1, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacman jones lol wasn't he a tag team champion but never even took a hit lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Pacman jones lol wasn't he a tag team champion but never even took a hit lol.

Yeah, he was still contracted to the Tennessee Titans NFL team at the time, who said they'd sue if he did anything physical. That was odd.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Big signing indeed!

We won't see him though, look what happened to King Mo :p
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Rampage, who was UFC light heavyweight (205 pounds) champion at one point as well as being one of the leads in the A Team movie, is a much bigger name than King Mo. He also was in the main event of UFC 114, a pay per view that did over 1 million buys in North America. It's not impossible him being in TNA moves their rating up, especially if he's getting a mega push from Spike with his own reality show etc.

But as you say batdude_uk1, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Oh I know all about Rampage's time in MMA, I am just suspicious about all this, seeing as we have been here before.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rampage is an interesting acquisition. As mentioned he's had some big bouts in UFC and has broken into the movie business. It will certainly be intriguing to see how TNA use him. It's plausible he becomes a major part of A&8's to give them an extra boost in their war against TNA or vice versa. Think he could be used effectively as a heel or a face within the storyline.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todd keneley has been released by TNA, it just back to Tazz and Mike. On my phone so can't post link

Wish it was Tazz they let go

Has there been a reason provided for this?

Just curious as obviously they only introduced Keneley to the commentary booth a few months ago, and they seemed pretty high on him.

It didn't seem to work though. You had both Tenay and Keneley double teaming Tazz so to speak. He was arguing with both of them whilst they were making similar points, so I can see TNA thinking it would be logical to revert back to the classic Tazz/Tenay combo and have one A&8's guy and one TNA guy making their own respective views in terms of the side they support.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just curious as obviously they only introduced Keneley to the commentary booth a few months ago, and they seemed pretty high on him.

It didn't seem to work though. You had both Tenay and Keneley double teaming Tazz so to speak. He was arguing with both of them whilst they were making similar points, so I can see TNA thinking it would be logical to revert back to the classic Tazz/Tenay combo and have one A&8's guy and one TNA guy making their own respective views in terms of the side they support.

Apparently they liked his work but one too many cooks spoilt the broth, as you suggested.

I'd rather have seen Tazz get the boot tbh. Keneley was growing on me as he actually knew proper call names for moves. A few rare ones were hit at Slammiversary and he called them right, unlike Michael "What a manouevre!" Cole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just for the reason you mention, they want to go back to a two man booth, it said in the report they where happy with todds work
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but mike tenay is BORING

"the undertaker has just tombstoned aj styles and joined tna, lets go to a video package of our main event"
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Apparently they liked his work but one too many cooks spoilt the broth, as you suggested.

I'd rather have seen Tazz get the boot tbh. Keneley was growing on me as he actually knew proper call names for moves. A few rare ones were hit at Slammiversary and he called them right, unlike Michael "What a manouevre!" Cole.

To be fair to michael cole, His sole purpose seems to be to remind people John cena is an underdog despite never losing, So i am sure he does know the names of the moves, He just isn't allowed to use them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slamiversary should be TNAs main PPV of the year, it has the history and just feels more important
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doug Williams has been released from OVW and TNA
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Slammiversary was pretty good. First time I have ever seen Kurt apply the ankle lock with the leg grapevined and not get the submission win from it. Well done to the girls for creating a good match.
  • Options
    TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Slamiversary should be TNAs main PPV of the year, it has the history and just feels more important

I think it is the companies main PPV. I would place it certainly above all the other PPV's.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »
    I think it is the companies main PPV. I would place it certainly above all the other PPV's.

Really? The way they go on about Bound For Glory pretty sure that's the most important PPV, as will be shown when the never ending BFG series starts any week now, indeed there was ven a BFG series qualification match last night(well sunday)

That Knockouts match looked insanely dangerous.
    Can't watch Chris Sabin without worrying about his knee's, kinds of spoils any matches he is in.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they target BFG as the big one because tis 6 months away from mania
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time in months I watch wrestling and I record the PPV on +1 and it cuts off the end of the main event :)
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Really? The way they go on about Bound For Glory pretty sure that's the most important PPV, as will be shown when the never ending BFG series starts any week now, indeed there was ven a BFG series qualification match last night(well sunday)

That Knockouts match looked insanely dangerous.
    Can't watch Chris Sabin without worrying about his knee's, kinds of spoils any matches he is in.

I wouldn't worry about Sabin's knees, he's had them surgically repaired, they'll be stronger then before, I've had a acl op and my repaired knee is stronger then ever.
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    The show was good. Scary thing is the Women's match was one of the best matches of the night.

Supposedly, attendance last night was around 3,000

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7893_10152910358535227_79611987_n.jpg

it's such a shame that TNA can't make that break through, it's as if the USA just don't want to know, 1 ratings and between 3,000 - 5,000 live attendances, while WWE get around 3 ratings and can sell out 18,000 arenas, I know which product I thinks better.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFG is their man PPV and was for some time stings guaranteed title win :p
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about Sabin's knees, he's had them surgically repaired, they'll be stronger then before, I've had a acl op and my repaired knee is stronger then ever.

Are you jumping from high wires after securing a XDivision title belt though, after leaping of the side of a wrestling ring not to mention off the top rope.:) Because that sort of thing would risk anyone's knee let alone someone who previously had 2 bad ones