The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    End of September onwards.

Four episodes have already been shown. It will be end of August / start of September when it returns after six weeks of the dire "Twisters" rubbish.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calderyon wrote: »
    Great quiz show... One of the best, if not the best ever. Good idea, good host and good chasers.

Really dislike the low offer goers on the program, especially when it´s a minus offer. Bit of a cop out IMO. When they do that i always secretly hope that the chaser catches them. I always respect the ones that go for the higher offer. It shows courage.

I would go for the middle or the high.

Too bad it has gone to a break...:(

Quite pleased it's gone for a break as it helps keep the show fresh. Having it on 52 weeks a year would not be a good thing. But after today's awful replacement show already looking forward to it coming back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I had no idea it was going on a break. I was so disappointed tonight. This new show is awful.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Hahaha. It was along the lines...... Which has been on the South Bank the longest?
    London Aquarium......... London Eye......London Dungeon.
    The answer was the London Dungeon which, I thought, was wrong. I still think it was wrong. But I won't lose any sleep over it. :)

I don't recall seeing "South Bank" mentioned in the question. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    End of September onwards.

For the last two years, it's started when school starts. Knowing that, it'll probably return either 2nd Sept or 9th Sept.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,232
    Forum Member
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    For the last two years, it's started when school starts. Knowing that, it'll probably return either 2nd Sept or 9th Sept.

It would have been the case. But, Paul O Grady is back on ITV with a new teatime chat show and it's assumed it'll start when Take on the Twisters has finished.

30 episodes of Twisters will take it up to 30th August, and 5 weeks of Paul O Grady, so that takes it up to 27th September, and The Chase will probably return after that.

I don't think any of it has been confirmed though but that's what's being assumed by users on here and in all fairness, it seems realistic.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the mean time Starts Aug 6th

Beauty (Brooke Burke Presenting) and the Beast (Mark)

http://gsntv.com/shows/thechase/videos/

If anyone finds this on Youtube after broadcast do let us know......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would ITV give TOTT 30 episodes when they only gave The Chase 10 and Tipping Point 20 for their first series? Are they hoping it's going to be the next best gameshow?

Any chance they'll just put reruns of Chase on until O'Grady?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would ITV give TOTT 30 episodes when they only gave The Chase 10 and Tipping Point 20 for their first series? Are they hoping it's going to be the next best gameshow?

Any chance they'll just put reruns of Chase on until O'Grady?

They must be more confident with this new show.

They'll only put reruns on if its ratings go into freefall.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by Virgin Queen
    Hahaha. It was along the lines...... Which has been on the South Bank the longest?
    London Aquarium......... London Eye......London Dungeon.
    The answer was the London Dungeon which, I thought, was wrong. I still think it was wrong. But I won't lose any sleep over it.

The London Dungeon was in Tooley St. SE1 for 35+ years until it moved next to the London Eye at Waterloo in 2012 or 2013.
    So it may have been in south London for a long time, but strictly speaking it wasn't on the South Bank as we know it, although Tooley St. is not far from the river.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must be more confident with this new show.

Seems like their confidence was misplaced.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Seems like their confidence was misplaced.

I saw some of it but the questions were far too easy.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to see Brad back on the screen again with The Chase instead of that Twister fiasco......... even if it is a repeat.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 3 today - but my god, I realize how much I've missed this show and it has only been gone a week...! Curse this Twister thing! >_<
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Thank God for it being on at the weekend, I was having withdrawal symptoms.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USA version starts tonight on GSN. I'm hoping there will be a way for us UK fans to watch it, without waiting months hopefully!
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    USA version starts tonight on GSN.

I just took a look at gsntv.com to see what the options were. As well as featuring The Chase, they have a programme called American Bible Challenge! I can just see that being bought up to show over here :D
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Ok a quick review of the usa version.........

Only 1 chaser The Beast !
    No Bradley - some lady I believe was in Baywatch doing the hosting (she's rubbish)
    Format is nearly the same...........apart from.........
    Only 3 members of the public.
    The Chaser is on set all the time - he sits there whilst the contestants do the cash builder etc......
    They don't seem to have "anglicised" the questions for the beast - he fell down on some really usa type questions - ie baseball etc........
    The Chaser has to verbally tell the host what answer he has chosen - this dramatically cuts down on the tension.
    The set looks similar...but more of a "cut price" version of the uk one - to be expected as GSN is a small small network with not much money.........they saved all the money for prize money.

I believe they have made 12 episodes and just put in an order for another 12..........

Any questions ask away.

BTW I am in the UK - but I have a slingbox in NYC so I was lucky enough to record it last night and have just watched it.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Hi

Ok a quick review of the usa version.........

Only 1 chaser The Beast !
    No Bradley - some lady I believe was in Baywatch doing the hosting (she's rubbish)
    Format is nearly the same...........apart from.........
    Only 3 members of the public.
    The Chaser is on set all the time - he sits there whilst the contestants do the cash builder etc......
    They don't seem to have "anglicised" the questions for the beast - he fell down on some really usa type questions - ie baseball etc........
    The Chaser has to verbally tell the host what answer he has chosen - this dramatically cuts down on the tension.
    The set looks similar...but more of a "cut price" version of the uk one - to be expected as GSN is a small small network with not much money.........they saved all the money for prize money.

I believe they have made 12 episodes and just put in an order for another 12..........

The chaser has to tell his answer? Ruins it all really, takes all the tension away.

As for the Chaser being there the whole time, I think they could do with that as a slight format change over here, not to mention bringing the Chaser out before the first contestant goes up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chaser has to tell his answer? Ruins it all really, takes all the tension away.

As for the Chaser being there the whole time, I think they could do with that as a slight format change over here, not to mention bringing the Chaser out before the first contestant goes up.

Just to clarify the chaser gives his answer after the contestant has given theirs.........

I assume because there is no "element of surprise" as to which chaser is going to appear (they only have one) that's why Mark is there from the beginning to the end......

Just watching the second episode and the first contestant has took $95000 to the final round !

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also just realised there is no 5 second time limit to answer the questions.........again removes some of the tension.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another observation........they have tried to include lots of "funny"questions involving boobies (birds), poo poo (pu pu) and ho's (as in ho chi min) - just not funny...........

Dave
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Another observation........they have tried to include lots of "funny"questions involving boobies (birds), poo poo (pu pu) and ho's (as in ho chi min) - just not funny...........

Dave

Sounds like they've tried to recreate the comedy moments from the UK series. They need Bradley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where can I watch this online?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where can I watch this online?

A clip of the final chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgGXhuDIVU

Bad quality but it's something.
This discussion has been closed.