Options

Sorry Rachel has left

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges scored a spectacular own-goal there.

They've obscenely over-marked Ben two weeks in a row to keep him out of the dance-off, assuming they could vote Rachel through against anybody else who happened to be in the dance-off.

Saved a penny at the cost of losing a pound.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt bad for her but at least she went out on a high. People talked about Deborah leaving being a shock which I didn't understand, but this week's bottom two was a surprise. She's a lovely girl and was very gracious :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really was a very sweet girl as well as beautiful, and at last she had actually started to be able to dance.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    it was a difficult show, for sure. I'm not sure how much further Rachel would have gone - she has difficult with turning, spotting and balance, which have not improved since she's been in the show, but that said, there are some who are worse dancers than Rachel and if we're being fair, they should have been voted off first.

The trouble is, the voting public aren't voting for the dancing. They want to be entertained and that's how they vote. The producers would have to change the nature of the show, and the voting system, to get back to the dancing. I do wonder how much the voters know about dancing, or care ?

I'm surprised to see you spinning this misleading line . I believe the vast majority watch SCD because it's a dance show with a competitive element . I believe the majority are entertained by the dancing, especially when it's good, the costumes, the music, the marks and where each couple finishes on the leader board .
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and her exit was dignified and gracious. She did her best dance at the end too. The composition of the dance off was ludicrous really. In the big scheme of things Rachel had no chance of winning but others performed far worse and deserved to be there more than she did. And I include my favourites Sophie and Brendan in that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect we would have seen a similar learning curve with Rachel as we did with Kimberley.

For my money Rachel's Week 1 slow ballroom was better than the one Kimberley delivered on Week 2. And by Week 6 Kimberley was still hopping. But once Pasha had sorted out her core everything else followed.

Shame the judges weren't sufficiently brave to choose Rachel over Abbey. Abbey LOOKS spectacular (lines and shapes are her job), and she will doubtless continue to look like a great dancer as long as she is in hold. But I suspect she doesn't have the ability to learn the complicated out-of-hold routines she'll need if she's to master the Latin dances.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel was someone who had to learn every move in a dance and almost none of it came naturally, but with a lot of hard work she has produced some decent dancing and in a good week like this one, she was deservedly mid-table.

The song didn't help the dance but the dance-off was Rachel's best dance and there were a lot of smooth transitions in and out of hold and the lifts.

Pasha gave her full content dances all the way through which very few other pros have done, so it was a tough challenge for Rachel but it also gave her the experience of Strictly as it should be.

These blisters say it all.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/blimey-riley-strictly-come-dancings-2671267

Great effort Rachel and Pasha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Rachel was someone who had to learn every move in a dance and almost none of it came naturally, but with a lot of hard work she has produced some decent dancing and in a good week like this one, she was deservedly mid-table.

The song didn't help the dance but the dance-off was Rachel's best dance and there were a lot of smooth transitions in and out of hold and the lifts.

Pasha gave her full content dances all the way through which very few other pros have done, so it was a tough challenge for Rachel but it also gave her the experience of Strictly as it should be.

These blisters say it all.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/blimey-riley-strictly-come-dancings-2671267

Great effort Rachel and Pasha.

I've yet to see any celeb, including Natalie, match the rise and fall R&P delivered in their Week 1 Waltz. Not too shabby for a "no hoper" :)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right from week one, I've had a soft spot for her. When she was in tears, so was I:mad: She was so gracious at the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far are we into the new millenium of phone vote TV?

and still everyone believes that your vote counts ?

Maybe Its the director / producer who dictate the results ... ( allegedly or maybe not who knows ).

if you dont believe me .then please please .phone my premium rate number now to disagree...

0891 2245x3 ( dont its not a number )

I'm puzzled, perplexed and pondering on what relevance your response has to my comment. None at all, I feel.
  • Options
    Becky_BBecky_B Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Desperately sad to see her go. It was a good week performance wise and though she knew of course she could not survive a DO against Abbey, i thought her DO dance was even better, than the main show, very smooth, beautiful, i'm sure closer to how what she had dreamt of before the shows started. In many ways it was if a weight hadeen lifted from her shoulders.

Though she was never likely to be a winner, Mark, Dave, Fiona and even Sophie, (who appears unhappy and almost as if she wants to leave) would all have been more suitable for elimination.

Rachel will be missed :(
    It is two weeks in a row of people going too soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    She wasn't the best dancer, and wasn't going to win but I was sad to see Rachel go. Similar to Deborah she was enjoying every second and as a viewer I enjoy seeing that. It's a shame that she left on a week where she'd shown improvement but at least she can go out on a positive performance.
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Fiona is living on borrowed time.She is as bad as Rachel but older.
    No need to mention age:( Dave should have gone a few weeks ago, he is not even trying, a real pain now.:mad:
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky_B wrote: »
    Desperately sad to see her go. It was a good week performance wise and though she knew of course she could not survive a DO against Abbey, i thought her DO dance was even better, than the main show, very smooth, beautiful, i'm sure closer to how what she had dreamt of before the shows started. In many ways it was if a weight hadeen lifted from her shoulders.

Though she was never likely to be a winner, Mark, Dave, Fiona and even Sophie, (who appears unhappy and almost as if she wants to leave) would all have been more suitable for elimination.

I agree Rachel was improving, unlike Dave and Mark, and I also agree that Sophia did not seem interested this week, a bit pre-occupied:(
  • Options
    Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are a few others I would add to the list, but lips are sealed.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Not that this should have any bearing but for me I'm glad pros such as Robin, James and Pasha have all gone out early when they've had good runs for the past few years. It's part of the enjoyment of seeing how the pros progress across a series from one year to the next so that all of them hopefully get a 'fair' chance (i.e. Anton lasting this year).
  • Options
    Becky_BBecky_B Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    There are a few others I would add to the list, but lips are sealed.

Well i think so too, but i'll allow for Rachel having the odd weak latin week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Such a shame. Shouldn't have been her week to go. Why not change the voting system and let us vote for who we want to leave the show? I think it would make a huge difference.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    JTSee2 wrote: »
    Such a shame. Shouldn't have been her week to go. Why not change the voting system and let us vote for who we want to leave the show? I think it would make a huge difference.

All the jealous bitter women watching the show would vote for the likes of Abbey etc though. :D
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dave was pretty embarrassed when Rachel's name was called instead of him tonight.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect we would have seen a similar learning curve with Rachel as we did with Kimberley.

Bad comparison as Kimberley was an experienced performer who understood the essence of what she was doing from week one and that was evident in the performance of her first cha cha, which I would watch again in preference to anything Rachel has done.

For my money Rachel's Week 1 slow ballroom was better than the one Kimberley delivered on Week 2.

Well as Kimberley lost her composure on the night, she looked unsettled in he foxtrot,but still did moves the quality of which Rachel probably could not have emulated.In week five Rachel was doing a Paso kick that looked as if she was the Police smashing her way into a drug den.

And by Week 6 Kimberley was still hopping. But once Pasha had sorted out her core everything else followed.

The Eros spin in her VW,the rest of the routine
    ..:)

five characters
  • Options
    dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I feel so sorry for Rachel. She comes across as an extremely nice person. Fiona, Dave and Mark should have gone before Rachel. I was really saddened and shocked.
    Surely Dave such go next week. I hope so its not funny any more!:mad:
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course there could have been something go wrong in Abbey's dance because of nerves and they judges might have to eliminate her.

I think Rachel will have won a lot of friends from the way she took it, she knew Abbey would win the Dance Off and said as such. But it is better to go out on a high than know you did badly and that it was all your fault.

Dave and Karen obviously expected to be the last couple named for the Dance Off and Karen seemed really shocked that it was not them and went over to console Rachel or Abbey (can't remember which was second to be named for the Dance Off).
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sad to see Rachel leave. I would have loved to seen more of her, I know she was never going to win and the dancing didn't come easily to her, but she really gave it her all, seemed to be loving the experience and I think she was making good progress. At least as others have said she left on a high.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry to see Rachel leave . She was a wonderful contestant with a wonderful attitude . Her dance tonight in the DO was just beautiful and well done to Pasha for choreographing some lovely dances and not going down the time wasting route like a lot of the other pros .

I hadn't much time for Countdown since Voderman left, but Rachel has gained my respect and admiration after seeing her on SCD and I'm sure she has won over a lot more fans .