Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 37)

Comments

• Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    I wasn't on here last year but Running Scared was great, one of the very few times when a song I wanted to win actually did win.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her at Manchester Pride last year, and her vocals were spot on. As with many artists, it depends on the day (Or with Lee Ryan, doesn't matter on the day)

The general vocal accuracy standard within the Contest nowadays seems to be quite lower than existed in the 80s and 90s - which seems to be proportionate to how much bigger the Contest has become and how pressurised it's become for performers.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    Ah BBAnne after all my time of lurking here i've only just noticed you're from Norfolk! Suffolk girl here :) Shopping in good old Norwich tomorrow!

I'm a Suffolk girl too! I also love shopping in Norwich! Where are you from??? :eek:
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Can we have Anke back on stage to give the winning performance of this fake voting result again?

Her performance of Angels last year was heartbreaking...
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Didn't Graham Norton cite it as one of his favourites from prior listening during his commentary last year?

I could, of course, be making this up!

I haven't got a clue - my memory at times is brilliant but this is not one of those times!
    kvn wrote: »
    She was brilliant. The look of sheer horror on her face everytime Ell touched her was so romantic :D

I get misty eyed when I think of the little wave she does from the cable car in the video.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, we have another Suffolker! NightFox Dancer also hails from there, but she can frequently be seen in Chapelfield Norwich too ;)

Our DS Eastern Bloc is growing by the day :D

The north West and North East voting bloc is quite strong too mind :p
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    I'll have to apply to the DSBU and join the North East voting block :p
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, you may number about 20 at the moment, but there's 3 of us now .... and we're growing by the day (ok it's taken a few years to get to 3 but we're growing!)

Bagsy be the Balkan bloc and you can be the Baltic one?
  • Options
    maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    And why the rolleyes smiley. They are as good as any of them, from what I have heard.
    I heard the Romanian and Swedish entry Loreen Moss messed up or changed the lyrics, I know Russia were crap because they are actually crap and cant get worse. If it was not a bunch of cute old ladies singing it, it would not have made the final# novelty act.They should have had a cute dog on stage with them to clinch it.
    What was the awful Albanian entry like, screech heaven I bet.

As for the hump I am looking forward to seeing the youtube video. The guy can sing and the song is ok.
    I hope none of the laments win, awful.:eek:
    Definately think Jedward will be in the top 3, it will be a jjoke if The Grannies win, sad for E.H. going off key, the man has a great voice and the song is good. Like Sweden but don't think it will win.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anke! :D
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    I wasn't on here last year but Running Scared was great, one of the very few times when a song I wanted to win actually did win.

Last year's was a sad year. My favourite was France but he flopped badly in the final. And then Maja Keuc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Ooh, we have another Suffolker! NightFox Dancer also hails from there, but she can frequently be seen in Chapelfield Norwich too ;)

Our DS Eastern Bloc is growing by the day :D

I spend far too many of my Saturdays in Norwich - shopaholic! I'm a bit of a retro Castle Mall girl at heart though ;) Shame so many shops in there keep closing!

Thank goodness there are some other Eurovision fanatics around these parts...everyone I know thinks i'm a wee bit nuts with my Euro love!
    I'm a Suffolk girl too! I also love shopping in Norwich! Where are you from??? :eek:

Awesome! Lowestoft :o You?
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I'll have to apply to the DSBU and join the North East voting block :p

You will be welcomed with open arms :p
    OK, you may number about 20 at the moment, but there's 3 of us now .... and we're growing by the day (ok it's taken a few years to get to 3 but we're growing!)

Bagsy be the Balkan bloc and you can be the Baltic one?

This is like the break down of the Soviet Union. 'And Norwich gives 12 points to Ipswich' BOOOOOOOOOO :D

Yep the Baltic bloc :p
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on the chat thinks that this is the real voting and is moaning about FYR Macedonia getting all the 12s because of the Eastern bloc. LOL :D
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »

and me, first time since 2000
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These graphics problems don't bode well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Someone on the chat thinks that this is the real voting and is moaning about FYR Macedonia getting all the 12s because of the Eastern bloc. LOL :D

OMG, there'll be a thread on that soon ... "It's a FIX - they've already done the voting, I heard it with my own ears"

How is the voting going by the way? :o
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Anke! :D

Don't tell me Anke is in Baku???

In other news a man in the pub has just bet me £10 that UK finish higher than Sweden!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will be welcomed with open arms :p

This is like the break down of the Soviet Union. 'And Norwich gives 12 points to Ipswich' BOOOOOOOOOO :D

Yep the Baltic bloc :p

It's not political voting, it's cultural - Suffolk and Norfolk share the same ..... tractors?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »

In other news a man in the pub has just bet me £10 that UK finish higher than Sweden!!

Have you got his phone number?! That's a bet I'd take in a flash

I think Anke's giving the German points out
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, there'll be a thread on that soon ... "It's a FIX - they've already done the voting, I heard it with my own ears"

How is the voting going by the way? :o

FYR Macedonia are storming it, followed by Azerbaijan.

Estonia are last. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I represent Scousers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »

Reading the German votes! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaury!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    FYR Macedonia are storming it, followed by Azerbaijan.

Estonia are last. :(

Is it silly to be pleased for Kaliopi? I know, I know :o
This discussion has been closed.