Options

David Haye Has A Gym!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stuart_RentonStuart_Renton Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    billio wrote: »
    Slightly better known "fact" from someone who actually knows the family: David is devoted to his wife, his family and to his training, he wouldn't have time to shag around even if he was that tacky.

Jealous people make up such shit about anyone who is successful.

Didn't you read the memo? It's a tacky and particularly low attempt to sully a celebrity's status by accusing them of lots of sordid activities.

There's a 'he's gay' thread about every actor in history. It's tacky and (unless you have sletpt with said celebrity and have proof) it's a particularly nasty thing to post online... /sigh.

Mind you, it's even nastier to sleep with someone and then kiss and tell online.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will be providing him with additional nutrition off camera? Protein shakes etc. It’s more or less pointless doing weights at a gym if you are not going to fuel your body correctly post work. You need lots of protien to rebuild the muscle you have broken down.
  • Options
    smashedsmashed Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    No you don't. Studies have shown that an herbivourus diet can still lead to increased lean muscle mass etc.
    For a start, look at a monkey. How strong are they? And what do they eat?
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    A bit humility would not come amiss from him and lets face it if he had not just pulled the cord to snap it and untied the knots like every other celeb would have done he may not have won
    It makes me wonder if he has 'shortcuts' worked out for all trials and competitions

I've always found the programme very strict about BTT rules (if you drop a star, you lose it, etc etc) and I was really surprised that they let him snap the cords in this way.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    I've always found the programme very strict about BTT rules (if you drop a star, you lose it, etc etc) and I was really surprised that they let him snap the cords in this way.
    I wonder if from now on they will state at the start of a trial that cords must be unknotted and not snapped
    if not i could see David just getting through the trials with brute force and bypassing the harder parts of trials that could equalize the celebs

David fumbled with the locks and Hugo was catching up its only the fact that David snapped the cords instead of unknotting them that the ending of the trial was not a closer result
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    He hasn't looked down on anyone though. I like his workman like style to be honest. It's a refreshing change from most of the dramatics we usually get and though he is confident and highly competitive I think he's keeping any cockiness in check which I respect in him.

The gym on the other hand is ridiculous. Couldn't he have made use of the environment to work out?

I totally agree. I had no pre conceptions about him as I don't watch boxing so was completely unbiased and I found him a breath of fresh air. I'd much rather watch him than the screaming, wingeing (how long have they been there? Listening to her you think she'd been there a month!) Helen.
    I honestly don't understand the hate for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I’m sure it is possible to build muscle following a herbivorous diet, however I doubt it would be easy. You would have to eat a hell of a lot!! I just suspect that as they have provided him with a gym they would be also supplementing his diet. Particularly if he is on the basic rations, otherwise his workouts would be of little value and it is very likely he would lose strength and muscle size during his time on the show.
  • Options
    smashedsmashed Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Supplement manufacturers will always say you need lots of protein (why wouldn't they?) but the truth is that he probably needs 1g per kg bodyweight per day..so 120grams?

The weights will be there so he can tick over for the next few weeks, not to progress his strength. He is just trying to avoid atrophy. The high rest / minimal workout will ensure that his dietary requirements will be fairly low.

Remember, your body cannot store protein so any surplus is burned or stored as fat. He will not need a lot for 23 hours of sitting on his bum per day.

Of course, maybe they have done a secret deal to feed him protein (we would not know)...but he can do without it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree that supplement companies will pedal any old twaddle to make you buy their products and it is likely that all Haye will be doing is trying to do is avoid atrophy. However, he would have to eat a lot of rice & beans to get 120g of protein in his body per day. Perhaps a 1.5 - 2kg (depending on the type of beans). I doubt he would take the risk particularly with his already low body fat, that's if he still has ambitions to have further fights any time soon. I agree we probably will never know; unless they want to cause some controversy by it!!
  • Options
    Stella100Stella100 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't there a gym in the other camp as well?
  • Options
    dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just call him Jungle Jim..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    Pathetic,I don't much like him,he's pretty smug.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    well all is pushing it a bit, maybe some :D

its important for an boxer to stay in shape, people dont realise how important, the guys an active athlete. it probably not even for strenous stuff

Yep , Ricky Hatton is a martyr to staying in shape between fights :D
  • Options
    clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is but I have taken an instant dislike to him. I just think he is over confident and cocky