Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    There is still the unresolved SL with Chloe, Matthew's mother to consider - Apparently we haven't seen the last of her.

But I think the SL he was talking about involves that c*** Robbie Roscoe in some way - And hasn't started yet.:)

It's not beginning until next year apparently.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Is Holly being re casted?? Sorry haven't been keeping up with the soap news

It's true
    there's a thread called Hollyoaks - Wallis Day quits in there is a link to the the the new actress taking over Holly, there's a picture of the new actress as will.

The new actrees taking over as Holly is Amanda Clapham.
  • Options
    paton1983paton1983 Posts: 2,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok thanks i dont know he had all that will craig and now there are kids involved he would be very wrong to go there

You would like to think he would be sensible and keep his distance but I think he will keep dating Danny
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is still the unresolved SL with Chloe, Matthew's mother to consider - Apparently we haven't seen the last of her.

But I think the SL he was talking about involves that c*** Robbie Roscoe in some way - And hasn't started yet.:)

Oh ok, thanks.
    Whenever I see Robbie I just think of his character in Bad Education, Mitchell.
    I like Robbie, especially when he blackmailed Danny, however he's a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    It's true
    there's a thread called Hollyoaks - Wallis Day quits in there is a link to the the the new actress taking over Holly, there's a picture of the new actress as will.

The new actrees taking over as Holly is Amanda Clapham.

• Options
    Forum Member

Your Welcome priscilla, day been great, enjoyed hollyoaks. Hope your day gone well and hope you enjoying hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Your Welcome priscilla, day been great, enjoyed hollyoaks. Hope your day gone well and hope you enjoying hollyoaks.

You too, thanks :)

The Tom spoiler sounds interesting, I hope it eventually leads to Sienna getting caught.
    With Patrick and Sienna, they're both evil and will eventually get caught, but I don't want them to leave they've been great additions to the cast especially Patrick. I'm hoping BK finds a way for Patrick to stay.
  • Options
    RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,227
    Forum Member
    Oh ok, thanks.
    Whenever I see Robbie I just think of his character in Bad Education, Mitchell.
    I like Robbie, especially when he blackmailed Danny, however he's a nasty piece of work.

Is Finn aware that the van that ran him over was driven by Robbie(probably without a driving license)?
  • Options
    Forum Member

The Tom spoiler sounds interesting, I hope it eventually leads to Sienna getting caught.
    With Patrick and Sienna, they're both evil and will eventually get caught, but I don't want them to leave they've been great additions to the cast especially Patrick. I'm hoping BK finds a way for Patrick to stay.

They're both completely hatstand, but the big question is - Are TPTB ever going to tell us exactly WHY?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I would like both of them to stay Sienna and Patrick, the way their storys and characters become dark lately they feels they are both coming close to being unmasked. They almost feel like they are 1 year characters and won't be around much longer.

Tom having a story in HL from the looks of the trailer his story looks great.

priscilla have a great weekend and enjoy all of hollyoaks next week plus HL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Finn aware that the van that ran him over was driven by Robbie(probably without a driving license)?

Yes, Robbie said if he grassed he'll tell the police Sinead was also in the car (or something along those lines) but I'm sure Finn knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, Robbie said if he grassed he'll tell the police Sinead was also in the car (or something along those lines) but I'm sure Finn knows.

Could this explain why Finn & Robbie appear to be friends, yet also appear to have nothing in common?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Everyone in Hollyoaks ISN'T gay and no offense but around here on DS anyone who says "I am not homophobic" usually is.
    mercury01 wrote: »
    Well I'm gay and I agree with them! 8 gay characters is more than enough for a small village

Well I'm not against gays. I have family who are gay, and Ste is one of my favourite characters in the show. But this rumoured Robbie Roscoe storyline just seems to me that it'll probably be a repeat of McDean.

Agreed, I find Patrick and Sienna interesting. Hope they stick around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well dang.. I have no idea about half the backstories - who the dead guy in the jungle is, why JP is dating an elderly man, what Sinead's got to do with anything, why Maxine is dating Patrick instead of Kevin - but it was nice seeing Doug and Ste.

And Ste and Brendan The Second (Tucker? Trent?). Ste will always have that ability to go too far.
    I'm sure it'll all become clearer in a couple of days.

Seems like the old - are there too many gay people in HO? debate has resurfaced. No such thing.
    ally08 wrote: »
    Hello all, I don't know if you remember me, I flounced out of this thread good style just before Brendan went to prison.
    I remember you!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    Hello all, I don't know if you remember me, I flounced out of this thread good style just before Brendan went to prison.

It's time for Later again and I probably will be watching, the first episode anyway.

Haven't seen HOs since I flounced, I've been watching Emmerdale which is brilliant but I'm wondering if I've missed owt on HOs?

I've seen all the spoilers and it doesn't make me want to watch at all.

No real reason for this post apart from to ask if there is anything I should be watching HOs for.
    Hi, ally! Good to see you around. The short answer is no, you have missed nothing since Brendan's exit.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Hi, ally! Good to see you around. The short answer is no, you have missed nothing since Brendan's exit.

Thanks lulu, I didn't think I had, haven't been reading DS at all but still talk to a lot of the thread people on twitter and I'm sure they would have let me know if I was missing much.

So Stug are back together are they. That's great. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    Then call the police - They'll smash the doors in, fully armed and arrest somebody without a shred of evidence, or even checking if any children are present, just like what happened to Ste in tonight's episode!!:D

Don't laugh but even the real police can go in gungho.
    There was a case I heard of on the radio where a blind man was tasered by police, just because one of them though his white stick contained a sword.

Besides if a gunman is in a house with kids, wouldn't it be better to get in their as fast as possible to stop that person taking a kid hostage. Afterall police do get training in that sort of situation.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    Thanks lulu, I didn't think I had, haven't been reading DS at all but still talk to a lot of the thread people on twitter and I'm sure they would have let me know if I was missing much.

Oh yes, that happened. Doug is Ste's reason for living, evidently. Not his kids, and certainly not He Who Must Never Be Mentioned.
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Leanne finds the necklace and Will kills her? We saw him holding a blonde head in the advert when Dodger walks in, but it maybe a Heidi Costello style switcheroo and it will be Leanne, not Ash. Then Ash dies in the explosion.
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi ally. You don't want to miss the thrilling Vincent/George/Phoebe love triangle, or Will still being weird and murdering people, or, of course, the truly lovely Stug reunion.

Seriously, though, Dennis and Leanne are quite sweet, although I fear their happiness may be shortlived, and there are some decent new characters with Lindsey and Fraser. I quite like Trevor as well, and Danny, Ste's dad, is quite good and involved in a lot of things. Esther and Tilly are a couple, if that's your thing, and there's a lot of Roscoe vest wearing going on, so if you fancy looking at some muscles, a lot of tattoos and want a change from Dodger, maybe you should tune in again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any idea what
    Mandy's
    involvement is in Later episodes. I don't think I've seen any mention in spoilers
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paton1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what
    Mandy's
    involvement is in Later episodes. I don't think I've seen any mention in spoilers

Have you seen the Meet the Hollyoaks Later 2013 Cast video? It's on the Hollyoaks website here. The actress says a few words about her role, which I won't spoil here for those who don't want to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the Meet the Hollyoaks Later 2013 Cast video? It's on the Hollyoaks website here. The actress says a few words about her role, which I won't spoil here for those who don't want to know.

thanks for the link :)
  • Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks the Stug storyline is plausible? It's not always about the explosions and cars on the roof of a multi storey carpark. Soaps are meant to be depicting every day relationships, and it's realistic. Who among us hasn't gone back to an ex that hurt us a thousand times? I know I've been there. It isn't exciting, but I find its the story that most mirrors real life in the soap right now.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    darakinss wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the Stug storyline is plausible? It's not always about the explosions and cars on the roof of a multi storey carpark. Soaps are meant to be depicting every day relationships, and it's realistic. Who among us hasn't gone back to an ex that hurt us a thousand times? I know I've been there. It isn't exciting, but I find its the story that most mirrors real life in the soap right now.

I don't think the writing backs up that premise. Ste's acting like a cypher (who knows if it's meant to be that way, if he really is empty enough to get back with Doug, or if it's just poor writing). Doug returned from America acknowledging he always knew he was in the way of Ste and Brendan and he seemed to have made peace with it. The cringey return of his feelings despite Ste treating him like dirt jarred completely with who he was post-airport dumping and clunked around like the plot device it was.

I hate what the relationship does to both their characters, it's a massive step backwards and I think destroys the character development. They don't suit and they don't have any chemistry.