Options

Soap lovers who have stopped posting or are posting less?

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It may not be specifically mentioned in those terms but threatening attitudes are to other posters or actors. I wouldn't think it would apply as the comments were clearly about the characters, not the actors and were also clearly tongue in cheek but it is the only reason i can think of. Certainly i used to see people complaining about the 'violent' nature of the posts on some of the threads from posters that either understand (or didn't want to understand) the humour.

I know the posts you're talking about often attracted criticism from other posters but like you're saying they were clearly not serious so it's hard to believe people got banned for them.

Anyway I suppose we'll never know all the details :)
    who'd a' thought watching soaps could enrage people so much 😮

I've got a bit worked up myself on occasion :blush: However the posters kk is talking about were JOKING :D:D
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It is possible to contact them via another forum if you know what i'm saying....

I like your posts Andrea even if i don't always agree.

Re posting less, i think there is an issue that a lot of people feel they can't really express themselves without being jumped on for going off topic, having a sick sense of humour, being in a clique, accused of picking on others if they don't agree with a point of view expressed 2tc, etc.

Aw thanks Kitkat, I'm surprised you liked my posts and it's sweet of you to say so.
    I know we wouldn't always agree but the thing I appreciated about you and other like minded posters is that we could beg to differ and still enjoy the debating or passionate issues.

I got put off the forum for reasons you mentioned but mainly due to mentioning an action of one of the characters which I thought was just a snapshot of all that has gone wrong with Corrie, when everyone starting attacking me, telling me I'd been imagining what I saw til I felt like I must be losing my marbles. Not a nice experience at all.

I miss the days when everyone stood their own ground on here and were up for some good banter but things seem to have shifted direction here in a big way.
    Still it's good to see the old die hards still battling on lol.
    I did always read your posts too by the way, I know you had probly a vastly different outlook than my own a lot of the time but you made interesting points and had good ideas.

Very hard to find anything worthwhile in Corrie now, for me all the life has totally evaporated out of it, you never feel anyone's pain or joy anymore in a realistic sense and have you noticed that there's never ever any real romance anymore, no feelings? No one falls in love!, the only shag!!!! I actually never spotted that until now.
    Anyway Corrie is a lost cause, If anyone knows of a worthwhile soap I'm all ears.

Oh and keep her lit Kitkat!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are all busier at certain times
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have this type of thread often. I think people are being disingenuous when they suggest that this place is now a humour-free zone. People were laughing and joking post-episode as recently as either this Monday or Tuesday in the EE episode thread. The same goes for the claims that the mods are far too heavy-handed. The one banned member whose name has been mentioned in here and that I recognise, I wasn't at all surprised to see he/she was banned. They talked to others in an awful tone. As others have said in other words, you can be firm in your opinions without going about it like a tw*t.

I don't have much time for the complaints of those who claim to no longer visit here often. This forum is what you make it. It's far easier to say "oh, I don't come here anymore because it's *whatever*" rather than to try and bring that missing ingredient back yourself.

That's not to say I think the forum is without its problems. Agreeing to disagree seems like blasphemy on here sometimes. I also completely agree with kitkat1971 on taking a "live and let live" approach to DS, particularly in relation to jokey posts. Humour can be a good icebreaker, so it's always sad to see a newish poster who makes a thread about say, a return to EE for Gus, get pounced upon for it. If you don't find that particular in-joke funny, don't read it.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been posting here for 18 months and have posted 559 times. well...between here and big brother but that's only when it's showing so not as often as here. But I still feel very much like a newbie.

I've never been acknowledged.
    I've not got a nickname.
    I feel sad :( *sob*

Aww MelC, don't be sad, your username is one of the ones that stick out, and I definitely remember it:D
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Did you know that this very forum on a month of December 2013, was once very blue? and the Green grin smiley was a lot bigger and had more teeth and more meaning to it.

I still think that's when the forum went downhill, the life and soul was drained away with the colour:o:(

Not so long ago
    We can still remember how this forum used to make us smile
    And if we got the chance to try
    To revert back to our Digital Spy
    We'd make it fun, amusing and worthwhile

We'd bring our smilies back once more
    Get rid of blind orange and the eyeless bore
    The screen would fade to blue again
    No more white causing bad eye strain

For we remember how it used to be
    Before it changed and went colour free
    Now it's all gone and how we cried
    The day the forum died

So bye bye blue Digital Spy
    We lost Mr Grin and Blusher and good old Rolleye
    They replaced it with a cat and what the hell's the point of that
    And the forum that we loved was sent to die
    Yes the forum that we loved was sent to die

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I miss Uncle Quentin & mo mouse, they became inactive mid last year I think so I was able to read some of their posts. I recall mo moaned at everything :)

Yes I really miss those two. Really funny posters. Mo's hatred for Fiz off Corrie was hilarious! But sadly I could die and no one would notice my absence on here! Lol. Actually that's a thought. What if a forum member died? Would people just assume they've been banned? That's a really sad thought! :cry:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Yes I really miss those two. Really funny posters. Mo's hatred for Fiz off Corrie was hilarious! But sadly I could die and no one would notice my absence on here! Lol. Actually that's a thought. What if a forum member died? Would people just assume they've been banned? That's a really sad thought! :cry:

That is a sad thought.

But. Whilst of course it isn't true for everybody, i think most posters are in touch with at least one other poster in some shape or form, either on another forum, email, twitter or actually knowing them in real life. I certainly actually consider 2 people on here to be personal friends, we have each others phone numbers, text reguarly, exchange birthday and Christmas cards and even meet up!!!! There are at least a dozen more that I interact with on other forums. The 2 that are in my phone and address book would certainly be informed should something horrible happen to me.

I imagine most people are the same, at least one other member would have another form of contact so find out if there had been a tragedy.

I certainly hope so.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the posts you're talking about often attracted criticism from other posters but like you're saying they were clearly not serious so it's hard to believe people got banned for them.

Anyway I suppose we'll never know all the details :)

I've got a bit worked up myself on occasion :blush: However the posters kk is talking about were JOKING :D:D

I know. so was I :D
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »

For the record I recognise your username and would notice should you happen to dissapear
  • Options
    Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    We have this type of thread often. I think people are being disingenuous when they suggest that this place is now a humour-free zone. People were laughing and joking post-episode as recently as either this Monday or Tuesday in the EE episode thread. The same goes for the claims that the mods are far too heavy-handed. The one banned member whose name has been mentioned in here and that I recognise, I wasn't at all surprised to see he/she was banned. They talked to others in an awful tone. As others have said in other words, you can be firm in your opinions without going about it like a tw*t.

I don't have much time for the complaints of those who claim to no longer visit here often. This forum is what you make it. It's far easier to say "oh, I don't come here anymore because it's *whatever*" rather than to try and bring that missing ingredient back yourself.

That's not to say I think the forum is without its problems. Agreeing to disagree seems like blasphemy on here sometimes. I also completely agree with kitkat1971 on taking a "live and let live" approach to DS, particularly in relation to jokey posts. Humour can be a good icebreaker, so it's always sad to see a newish poster who makes a thread about say, a return to EE for Gus, get pounced upon for it. If you don't find that particular in-joke funny, don't read it.
    Who's that one member???
  • Options
    DaktaraDaktara Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I'm a new poster so you won't know me, although I must admit that I have lurked here for many, many years. I can say that I definitely have noticed a shift in atmosphere in recent times.

Slightly OT but after reading some of the posts in this thread I've been trying to figure out why I rarely put my head above the parapet and post myself, then a thought occured to me...I think that maybe, after all these years of lurking, the soap forum itself has become to me a little like a mini-soap with wonderful characters that I like to watch on screen more than 'meet'...lol, how sad and slightly voyeuristic! :blush:

I have to confess though that my all time favourite 'characters' have defected to another 'channel'!
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I'm sure this time 2012 there were a big bunch of us EE crew rambling on for 10 pages,
    what happen to those days when the forum was buzzing more than teenage house partys.

Anyone know of anyone who has stopped posting or are posting less than normal.

What ever happen to the Max's diary threads as well as the trapped in a Vortex thread. :D

I used to be on here 24/7 but now, about 10-15 minutes a day at the most as my work hours are crap.

I miss the good old days!
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday Update: I'm still here today as well. No changes on that front as yet.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No worries, I care not for rugby. Independence, now that's a different story. :p:D

Thanks lovely, your £5 is in the post.

WE WERE ON A BREAK!!! :D

Nice friends reference tjop :)
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

Yes you certainly are XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. so was I :D

Oops :blush::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »

:( It's always bad news with you :p
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daktara wrote: »
    I'm a new poster so you won't know me, although I must admit that I have lurked here for many, many years. I can say that I definitely have noticed a shift in atmosphere in recent times.

Slightly OT but after reading some of the posts in this thread I've been trying to figure out why I rarely put my head above the parapet and post myself, then a thought occured to me...I think that maybe, after all these years of lurking, the soap forum itself has become to me a little like a mini-soap with wonderful characters that I like to watch on screen more than 'meet'...lol, how sad and slightly voyeuristic! :blush:

I have to confess though that my all time favourite 'characters' have defected to another 'channel'!

Welcome Daktara. I am a channel hopper now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the anonymity that comes with this forum a lot different to any other forums iv used. I've moderated and admin'ed at loads of forums over the last 12 years or so, but they've mainly been quite local ones, and the kind with bios and profile pics. I've met a lot of people over the years in person who have become good mates- that's why this place to me has an altogether different feeling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops :blush::)

ha! its okay - I can be a bit sarky, very hard to offend and not in the least bit gullible :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I compare ds forums on here it seems to be the soaps forum that attracts most bans even more than the fractious politics forum here?

Its because the soap forums are full of precious posters who believe their's is the only opinion that counts and simply cannot abide anyone posting a negative view about "their" fave soap/character.
    Whereas once upon a time you could have a laugh and joke about things, these days far too many people are humorless and far too quick and ready to A) take offence B) use the alert button. In short people take themselves far too seriously, just yesterday a pair of posters took an obviously tongue in cheek post and decided to treat it seriously. It makes me wonder how some of the people that post on these forums make it through the day.

Mind you, this applies to all of DS these days. I log for the days of the Friday sex thread... not for the thread itself but because of what it represented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I log for the days of the Friday sex thread... not for the thread itself but because of what it represented.

�😮I

I'm intrigued! !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    �😮I

I'm intrigued! !

;-)
    Every Friday afternoon there would be a thread in GD that would get all frisky, risky, flirty and dirty... no one took it seriously, it was a larf. It would start around 4ish and go on late into the night.
  • Options
    DaktaraDaktara Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Welcome Daktara. I am a channel hopper now.

Thank you SW :)

Ooo I just spotted you on the 'Alicia's Admirer Wool Cap' thread on t'other channel. That's another thing, some of the thread titles over there just have you laughing even before entering. I could be wrong but I don't know whether some of them would go down very well here.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the record I recognise your username and would notice should you happen to dissapear

Thank you. That's nice of you to say.