Options

R.I.P Frank Carson

124»

Comments

• Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Always loved seeing him

Dear Frank, signing out, News at Ten, for the last time:cry::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Tom O'Connor,Stan Boardman,Roy Walker and Mick Miller are still around. Seems like it was just Liverpudlians and Northern Irish men on that show:D

Jim Bowen's still with us but I don't know how well he is now as he suffered a stroke last year. RIP Frank and Ken
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Last night's News At Ten (22.2.2012) on ITV 1 reported on the sad passing of the hugely popular comedian Frank Carson - and a very good tribute it was too. Did any readers see any report on any news bulletins on BBC 1 about the loss of Frank?

We know that some of Frank's most remembered television appearances were on ITV programmes but as he was so famous his passing should be reported on all channels.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,217
    Forum Member
    bullman wrote: »
    Jim Bowen's still with us but I don't know how well he is now as he suffered a stroke last year. RIP Frank and Ken

Of course,forgot about Jim.It was Frank who kickstarted Jim's career by reccomending him for The Comedians
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed wheh he was on The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club back in the 70's on ITV. He was always funny and entertaining. So sorry to hear of his death.
    RIP Frank.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed wheh he was on The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club back in the 70's on ITV. He was always funny and entertaining. So sorry to hear of his death.
    RIP Frank.

"On be'aff of the Committehhh..."
    "I'll have a 'half'"
    (^Compere Colin Crompton)

Sorry for interruption
    :o:o:o
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa Reilly of Emmerdale "fame" will be shedding a tear.
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.i.p :)
  • Options
    rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    R.I.P. Frank
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Frank
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's being buried in Belfast today,. Blimey Stan Broadman has aged and said he was in his will and given him his jokes. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Made me laugh many times over the years, very sad to hear the news of Frank Carsons death :(

Not on TV much over the last twenty or so years, but just another great comic that TV seems to ignore most of the time.. :mad:

Gags it seems, are out of fashion..
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I switched on Sky News one of the Sky news correspondant said we can see people here from this working class community. Good grief.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a world where many of todays comedians play 4-8,000 seater venues for industrial comedy,Frank always preferred to play smaller venues and was still working live until fairly recently.

Glad he has gone back to his hometown for a well deserved rest.

"Heard the one about the irish six million dollar man".

"Was only worth 3 quid."

Its a cracker,thanks for all the laughs mate.:D
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching Frank's funeral on the News and saw Eamonn Holmes and Martin McGuinness carrying his coffin.

I bet Frank could have provided a fantastic punchline for that.

RIP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Subtitles on live BBC News hilarious a report on Frank Carson's funeral and he would have found it funny, had the dialogue" after the Catholic Funeral service there was a Protestant blessing," subtiles said " after the Catholic Penal service there was a prostitute blessing!" :)
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonerob wrote: »
    Subtitles on live BBC News hilarious a report on Frank Carson's funeral and he would have found it funny, had the dialogue" after the Catholic Funeral service there was a Protestant blessing," subtiles said " after the Catholic Penal service there was a prostitute blessing!" :)

It's the way they write 'em!

*boom-tish* :D