Options

The Archers!

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    :o Really :blush: He is manipulating her, undermining her and trying to control her. He's lied outright to her and mislead her more subtly. He's used anger and emotional blackmail and all to try to get his way and to get Helen in line.

The way people were talking on the thread I assumed he'd started beating her or Henry up.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    The way people were talking on the thread I assumed he'd started beating her or Henry up.

Oh I see. I hadn't noticed that :blush:
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NMdum1 wrote: »
    Perhaps Jess might reappear and help rescue Helen when it comes to it? The Sisterhood and all of that….actually that'd be pretty good, one abused ex-partner coming to hlp save the woman who came after her. And Uncle Brian probably won't be too chuffed at bringing Rob into the village in the first place either so that might cause more problems between Bridge Farm and the Aldridges which suggests that the aftermath could run and run....

Imagine how hacked off Pat will be with Brian if it pans out like that?

I love it when caddish, pompous Brian gets told a few home truths, and Pat would do that in spades!
  • Options
    NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Imagine how hacked off Pat will be with Brian if it pans out like that?

I love it when caddish, pompous Brian gets told a few home truths, and Pat would do that in spades!
    How very true!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Is it not amazing that the youngest child in the programme who is part of a "normal" family with both parents who are still in their first marriage is 13 year old Ben Archer?
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    The best line this week was Hazel's declamation to Peggy, ending with:
    "I am converting the shop for purely economic reasons... If it happens to pay you back for your heartless intransigence that's simply an unexpected bonus."

Oooh take that biatch!
    BURN!

Peggy is irritating but Hazel is pretty repulsive and money-grabbing.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    The best line this week was Hazel's declamation to Peggy, ending with:
    "I am converting the shop for purely economic reasons... If it happens to pay you back for your heartless intransigence that's simply an unexpected bonus."

Oooh take that biatch!
    BURN!

Peggy is irritating but Hazel is pretty repulsive and money-grabbing.

Hazel could out-.evil Rob - that voice :o. She sounds like the Snow Queen or someone really wicked from The Bunty. I bet she wears real fur :D
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Hazel was a Slitheen. I can't get the image of that out of my mind when I hear her. :D it fits well with her Archers character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Hazel could out-.evil Rob - that voice :o. She sounds like the Snow Queen or someone really wicked from The Bunty. I bet she wears real fur :D
    Yeah, it's the measured smooth tone of her voice - very menacing!
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Hazel was a Slitheen. I can't get the image of that out of my mind when I hear her. :D it fits well with her Archers character.

Ah that's who she is:- Mummy Slitheen.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    All he had to do was fake the official letter that he showed to Helen. As I recall he didn't do that straight away after it arrived in the post so he had time to pull a switcheroo.

Or maybe he got a sample of whatever they test from a stranger. Maybe the temp staff guy who disappeared back to Poland.

And if his wife really did not mess around, then she knows the baby is rob's whatever he says.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o Really :blush: He is manipulating her, undermining her and trying to control her. He's lied outright to her and mislead her more subtly. He's used anger and emotional blackmail and all to try to get his way and to get Helen in line.

Yes. And Helen is completely tractable and compliant since Greg at least. Probably before. I originally thought Rob was in league with the shop manager, but it's not that. He just seems to want to completely control helen, I think.

The marriage on holiday. The shop business. The joint bank account. Low-level stuff like complaining about Helen not being at home to make his dinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. And Helen is completely tractable and compliant since Greg at least. Probably before. I originally thought Rob was in league with the shop manager, but it's not that. He just seems to want to completely control helen, I think.

The marriage on holiday. The shop business. The joint bank account. Low-level stuff like complaining about Helen not being at home to make his dinner.

And now that he's resigned from Berrow farm he's obviously looking to infiltrate and start controlling the Archers' family business. New Tom didn't seem that impressed with his interference but Rob is very clever. I think he will now try and drive a wedge between Helen and New Tom.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob going to the meeting instead of Helen looks like has plans to cause problems for the Archer family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished listening to catch from yesterday. Rob is not right in the head. He winds Charlie up and when things don't go according to plan his mood really does change. Helen better watch out.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was going to post something along those lines, that beings from Raxacoricofallapatorius aren't known for being nice :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or maybe he got a sample of whatever they test from a stranger. Maybe the temp staff guy who disappeared back to Poland.

And if his wife really did not mess around, then she knows the baby is rob's whatever he says.

He wouldn't have sent his sample in himself, he'd have had to go and have his mouth swabbed so he couldn't possibly have submitted a false sample.

If Jess hadn't been messing around then she wouldn't have admitted she'd made a mistake when blaming Rob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Just finished listening to catch from yesterday. Rob is not right in the head. He winds Charlie up and when things don't go according to plan his mood really does change. Helen better watch out.

BIB - definitely. When he twists a situation to make himself look good - like in the cricket match, and that time with the hunt saboteur - I wonder if he honestly believes what he's telling people?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought he was in cahoots with the shop manager too, and you're right - Helen has been*hopeless with men since Greg. It always seems like Pat handles her with kid gloves in case she stops eating again.

I think Greg's main aim is controlling Helen - more than money. It would be too dark for The Archers, but if it all went wrong someone like him might decide to annihilate the whole family (himself, Helen and Henry) rather than face up to failure :o:o

It did make me laugh at the cricket when Rob said that Charlie had joined the cricket because Adam asked him, and Rob said 'I wonder why' :D:D

What is a slitheen please?
  • Options
    Forum Member

They were an alien race on Doctor Who. They looked like humans, but that was just a cover. They could unzip the human skin at the forehead and underneath they looked like big green babies. Because they had to compress themselves inside the human suit they tended to let off a lot of gas from certain orifices :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Helen must be detecting the sudden mood changes in Rob. He sounds scary when he puts on that voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member

seejay63 wrote: »
    They were an alien race on Doctor Who. They looked like humans, but that was just a cover. They could unzip the human skin at the forehead and underneath they looked like big green babies. Because they had to compress themselves inside the human suit they tended to let off a lot of gas from certain orifices :D

The Slitheen try to cause a war on earth ending in a nuclear war. They then plan to exploit the destroyed planet by selling it off in radioactive chunks to other alien creatures in other galaxies to power their interstellar spaceships.

They are basically immoral exploitative free-marketeers.... just like Hazel.

Perhaps Hazel is a slitheen!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had to turn it down tonight due to that retarded fishwife Susan going off on one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the slitheen explanations :)

Can't believe how easily Rob seems to be winning over Helen's relatives. Rob only had to mention that he didn't like intensive farming for Pat to start thinking she'd misjudged him :o I'd have thought Pat would be harder to fool. Even Tom's beginning to see what an asset the sinister one is. Pretty soon there will be nobody left not under Rob's spell to help Helen when she finally sees the light.

Susan sounded dreadful when she was having a go at Pat about the shop - such a self-centred woman. You can see where Emma gets it from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I had to turn it down tonight due to that retarded fishwife Susan going off on one.

She's dead common isn't she? :D
  • Options
    EMLEML Posts: 87
    Forum Member

... and she's also odd Aunt Babe in EastEnders.