Options

The Archers!

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,681
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I definitely don't think he faked the DNA results - that would involve too many agencies which are out of his control wouldn't it
    All he had to do was fake the official letter that he showed to Helen. As I recall he didn't do that straight away after it arrived in the post so he had time to pull a switcheroo.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,945
    Forum Member
    Lordy more histrionics as Jill evicts herself from Brookfield... again.

They're bloomin loaded; why don't they make a granny flat for either her or Heather in one of the outhouses or something?
    David sounded constipated when he was doing 'emotion' discussing the move with Jill :D
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,174
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Ah yes, Richard Hillman - I couldn't remember his name. If I remember correctly he was trying to make everyone think that Gail's mum was going dolally so that he could get control of her business.

Yes :) I remember now. Corrie was so good then :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom was brilliant when he said 'When Helen and I meet' the architect or whoever to Rob. I really think Rob wants to get involved with the shop but Tom was calm and clearly not going to let him. I do wonder if Rob is purely all about the abuse of Helen. He was really undermining about how she would like to do up the shop and he obviously wants her pregnant and bare foot at home. He really is quite sinister and I'm loving it :D:cool:

As for blackmailing Charlie, Rob knows about his snog with Adam at Christmas. It was so clever and sinister, the way he has played Helen and Charlie over his departure and the reasons for it. He is a magnificent villain.

He is bloody good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is bloody good :D

I don't like New Tom, and never will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Lordy more histrionics as Jill evicts herself from Brookfield... again.

They're bloomin loaded; why don't they make a granny flat for either her or Heather in one of the outhouses or something?
    David sounded constipated when he was doing 'emotion' discussing the move with Jill :D

David always sounds constipated :D

I'm almost scared to say this as I know she's very popular on here, and I love her myself, but Jill's annoying me a bit. The way she hovers around Pip (waiting for the merest hint that Pip doesn't want to leave Ambridge?) and her disapproval of those brothers - deserved I know - is starting to grate a bit.

I'm a bit confused about the room with lovely view that Jill's giving upmto Heatherpet. I think people referred to it as Pip's room, so has Pip been sharing with Jill?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    All he had to do was fake the official letter that he showed to Helen. As I recall he didn't do that straight away after it arrived in the post so he had time to pull a switcheroo.

I guess he could have done that, especially as it seems he's a computer expert :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I don't like New Tom, and never will.

I meant Rob is a bloody good villain :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm almost scared to say this as I know she's very popular on here, and I love her myself, but Jill's annoying me a bit. The way she hovers around Pip (waiting for the merest hint that Pip doesn't want to leave Ambridge?) and her disapproval of those brothers - deserved I know - is starting to grate a bit.

I'm a bit confused about the room with lovely view that Jill's giving upmto Heatherpet. I think people referred to it as Pip's room, so has Pip been sharing with Jill?
    I'm totally lost as to who is in whose room.
    Isn't Broofield meant to be one of the biggest farms in Ambridge? I'd have thought they'd have an ample-sized farmhouse.
    I meant Rob is a bloody good villain :D

Ahhhh. I agree :). He's what the Archers does so well - a slow burner.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    He is a magnificent villain.

Whenever he comes on I just want to shout "boooooo, hissssss" just like at a panto :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

He could have done that with the one for Helen, but he would have had to intercept the post to his first wife and send her a false letter, so I don't think he did fake any of it.
    Yes :) I remember now. Corrie was so good then :cry::cry::cry:

I haven't watched it for years, not since the bit where Jamie looked like he was going to start an affair with his stepmother.
    I'm almost scared to say this as I know she's very popular on here, and I love her myself, but Jill's annoying me a bit.

At the risk of being attacked - I don't like Jill. I think it's just the way she's played (very badly) by the actress (who isn't very good at all - she always sounds surprised or speaks in a monotone)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the risk of being attacked - I don't like Jill. I think it's just the way she's played (very badly) by the actress (who isn't very good at all - she always sounds surprised or speaks in a monotone)

She sounds a bit like a higher pitched version of Jenni Murray off Woman's Hour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He could have done that with the one for Helen, but he would have had to intercept the post to his first wife and send her a false letter, so I don't think he did fake any of it.
    No he wouldn't. It is only Helen he needs to deceive. As long as his ex gets the child maintenance payments (from the fiddling of the books) she is out of the picture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No he wouldn't. It is only Helen he needs to deceive. As long as his ex gets the child maintenance payments (from the fiddling of the books) she is out of the picture.

His first wife also got a letter saying that he wasn't the father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do we know *what* the letter to the ex-wife said? All we know is what was in the letter Rob showed to Helen.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many bedrooms are there?Poor Jill having to move out, where will she go? Maybe she and Carol will share the bungalow.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,969
    Forum Member
    How do we know *what* the letter to the ex-wife said? All we know is what was in the letter Rob showed to Helen.

My memory might be playing tricks, but I thought his ex accepted the result, and I assume she would have received results of the test.
  • Options
    Anne_CameronAnne_Cameron Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other soaps the rooms in the house seem to expand ad infinitum. So a two up, two down suddenly manages to house two families with room to spare!

So how come Jill has to move out of a sprawling (I assume) farmhouse to make way for Heatherpet??
  • Options
    Forum Member

Because they had a very heated discussion on the phone afterwards when she accepted what the letter said - that Rob wasn't the father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do wonder if Rob is purely all about the abuse of Helen.

I've just listened to the omnibus, and am a bit puzzled. What abuse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because they had a very heated discussion on the phone afterwards when she accepted what the letter said - that Rob wasn't the father.
    Yes, I remember that. But I cannot remember exactly how the conversation went and if it was subtly worded so as to mislead us into thinking one thing when it may well have fitted in with my scenario.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think we have had any evidence of physical abuse yet. But there is certainly emotional abuse and control-freakery going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I remember that. But I cannot remember exactly how the conversation went and if it was subtly worded so as to mislead us into thinking one thing when it may well have fitted in with my scenario.

There was no subtlety about it. She apologised for accusing him of being the father.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,969
    Forum Member
    My suspicion is that the writers played a clever trick, leading the audience to believe that the test would lead to Rob's downfall, when he wasn't the father after all. But a possible scenario would involve Rob getting someone else to provide his sample, which I believe is very difficult.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member

:o Really :blush: He is manipulating her, undermining her and trying to control her. He's lied outright to her and mislead her more subtly. He's used anger and emotional blackmail and all to try to get his way and to get Helen in line.