Options

Not Cameron's biggest fan, but even I refuse to believe he's truly THIS incompetent

Comments

• Options
    DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Assuming that this, in fact, correct, do you approve of this?

I do, it's called "zero tolerance" and unfortunately something we seem reluctant to employ
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    DarthGore wrote: »
    I do, it's called "zero tolerance" and unfortunately something we seem reluctant to employ

So you really expect uk soldiers to shoot unarmed civilians. Are you real
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't like attack dogs at all and you can get away with it easier than having armed coppers around.

Dave has told us to prepare for this to last all summer so he obviously has no plans for resolution.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »

They could be water cannoned though. They are behaving like lawless thugs and the Dutch are quite happy to water cannon football hooligans (quite right too) so we should be doing the same to the migrants in Calais. Their blatant disregard for what is right is the issue. There is a difference between aiming for a better life and getting one illegally. If the law doesn't have to apply to them, then why does it have to apply to us?
  • Options
    heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Assuming that this, in fact, correct, do you approve of this?

I am real, and I do approve of this. The final quote is just bristling with indignation about shooting "unarmed civilians".... nice use of language there, these poor "unarmed civilians" are committing a CRIMINAL act - you do realise that don't you? They are invading our country, they are destroying property.

They are not innocent souls strolling down the street minding their own business when they are shot for no reason... stop trying to make out they are, because you're not fooling anyone!

Damaging fences, damaging lorries, invading a country - all CRIMINAL acts - and you know it.

• Options
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    They could be water cannoned though. They are behaving like lawless thugs and the Dutch are quite happy to water cannon football hooligans (quite right too) so we should be doing the same to the migrants in Calais. Their blatant disregard for what is right is the issue. There is a difference between aiming for a better life and getting one illegally. If the law doesn't have to apply to them, then why does it have to apply to us?

No we such and cannot do what dutch do, as Calais is on french soil not uk soil .
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Aha, at last, a use for Johnson's water canons.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we such and cannot do what dutch do, as Calais is on french soil not uk soil .

So, your solution? To let them carry on behaving like thugs and risking their own and others lives? If Cameron wanted to use water cannons I doubt the French would stop him. They seem reluctant to want to do anything themselves anyway - most French blame the British.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am real, and I do approve of this. The final quote is just bristling with indignation about shooting "unarmed civilians".... nice use of language there, these poor "unarmed civilians" are committing a CRIMINAL act - you do realise that don't you? They are invading our country, they are destroying property.

They are not innocent souls strolling down the street minding their own business when they are shot for no reason... stop trying to make out they are, because you're not fooling anyone!

Damaging fences, damaging lorries, invading a country - all CRIMINAL acts - and you know it.

Have you heard yourself?

Why do you think they're all coming here? We have destroyed their country, and they were made promises by us that we'd make sure they were alright.

They're just trying to get what we promised them.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry but uk police dont shoot people for things like criminal damage, very difficult to for them to be invading our country as they are not a armed force. well shows that people like yourself never served in places like northern inland.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

What an utterly offensive post.
  • Options
    OxygenatedOxygenated Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RubyNyx wrote: »
    Have you heard yourself?

Why do you think they're all coming here? We have destroyed their country, and they were made promises by us that we'd make sure they were alright.

A lot of these people come from Eritrea and Pakistan. What did we do to these people?
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RubyNyx wrote: »
    Have you heard yourself?

ahah. so we do know where they are coming from. so much for destroying their papers.
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Oh please stop being such a drama queen. We aren't being invaded. Some of the poorest people in the world are desperately to make a better life for themselves. I don't agree with what they are doing but some of the reactions on here are ridiculous.

And yes, they are unarmed civilians. Britain isn't some form of tin pot dictatorship where governments go round shooting civilians. We are, some DS posters aside, a vaguely civilised society
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Resorting to insults because you can't argue against my post eh?

Because if you COULD have argued against it... you would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    Oh please stop being such a drama queen. We aren't being invaded. Some of the poorest people in the world are desperately to make a better life for themselves. I don't agree with what they are doing but some of the reactions on here are ridiculous.

And yes, they are unarmed civilians. Britain isn't some form of tin pot dictatorship where governments go round shooting civilians. We are, some DS posters aside, a vaguely civilised society

Did you notice their designer gear they were wearing? Or the use of smartphones by a couple sat on a bench? They are organised and know exactly what they are doing. They are terrorising innocent EU citizens by behaving the way they do. They are like the Somalian pirates by trying to get what they want and sod everyone else. The only reason they haven't attacked anyone is because they know they will be stopped. If you feel concerns for the poor little blighters, have you a spare room to offer them or do you expect me and everyone else in the UK to pay for their lives and their breeding and their healthcare and their education just so that you and others feel better about yourself? They are sodding criminals. The way they are behaving, their actions and their disregard to humans around them. If you or I acted in this way we would rightly be prosecuted. The UK do not accept people from overseas who are criminals. So, why should we start now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why was it offensive? It seems to be that to be a leftie, you must find everything offensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »

We ARE being invaded, when you have groups of people trying to legally enter your country, and they do that night after night after night... that is an invasion.

As to your comments that they are unarmed - they are not. There have been interviews with lorry drivers who have been threatened with knives and guns. These supposed "unarmed civilians" are also armed with bolt cutters to break into lorries.

While Britain may not (yet) be a tin-pot dictatorship (your words)... give it a few decades and if this continues, we will be. As to your comments that we don't shoot civilians - oh yes we do - we shoot them when we think there is a risk to life and/or they are committing a criminal act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oxygenated wrote: »
    A lot of these people come from Eritrea and Pakistan. What did we do to these people?

Look what the Vikings did to us. Bloody hell, I might storm Denmark or Norway for revenge. Whatever any country did to any other historically is irrelevant. There are ways of doing things and if these migrants want our hospitality then they need to gain our sympathy and respect. They are a long way off from gaining mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but uk police dont shoot people for things like criminal damage, very difficult to for them to be invading our country as they are not a armed force. well shows that people like yourself never served in places like northern inland.

"Unarmed invasion" then - happy now?

As to NI, do you think if the IRA had massed at a ferry port and rushed to get on board the ships night after night the UK gov would have been content with some sniffer dogs and a new fence!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look what the Vikings did to us. Bloody hell, I might storm Denmark or Norway for revenge. Whatever any country did to any other historically is irrelevant. There are ways of doing things and if these migrants want our hospitality then they need to gain our sympathy and respect. They are a long way off from gaining mine.

Don't forget the Romans. Free Gelato for all UK citizens!
  • Options
    GlastonGlaston Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    What do you think he should be doing then, bearing in mind he has no jurisdiction in France?

Send the Navy.

A few Cruise missiles aimed at the French ferry mens Union HQ should move things along.
  • Options
    OxygenatedOxygenated Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this too. But many people seem to think they are coming from Iraq and Syria. Actually, some are coming from Iraq, but there are lots coming from many other countries.

We are seen as a soft-touch by these illegal immigrants, so we have to change our stance. I can't see anything wrong with implementing the Australian system personally.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you notice their designer gear they were wearing? Or the use of smartphones by a couple sat on a bench? They are organised and know exactly what they are doing. They are terrorising innocent EU citizens by behaving the way they do. They are like the Somalian pirates by trying to get what they want and sod everyone else. The only reason they haven't attacked anyone is because they know they will be stopped. If you feel concerns for the poor little blighters, have you a spare room to offer them or do you expect me and everyone else in the UK to pay for their lives and their breeding and their healthcare and their education just so that you and others feel better about yourself? They are sodding criminals. The way they are behave, their actions and their disregard to humans around them. If you or I acted in this way we would rightly be prosecuted. The UK do not accept people from overseas who are criminals. So, why should we start now?

Excellent post. They may want to make their lives better, but are the making our lives and the lorries drivers and haulage companies lives any better? No, we already have a shortage of housing and lack of jobs so why make it any worse.
    All we got from Harman and the Labour Part was a pathetic comment about our PM using the term "swarm" which is perfectly correct, look in any dictionary. I would go further and use the term "infestation"

in-fes-ta-tion

Examples
    Word Origin
    noun

the act of infesting; state of being infested.

a harassing or troublesome invasion:
    an infestation of ants.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

God spare us from keyboard warriors. It is so easy to sit there foaming at the mouth demanding that people be shot. No thought to the poor sods who would have to do it? You really think it so easy to shoot an unarmed person?