Options

Hazel: Homewrecker / Victim

Comments

• Options
    Rosie_ETRosie_ET Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Firstly, she wasn't a home wrecker- Daley wrecked his own "home" by pursuing Hazel. Daley changed his story many times regarding his relationship status with his girlfriend so who knows what Hazel believed about his freedom to act on his feelings.

Secondly, Hazel wasn't violent towards Daley, she was being playful and didnt realise how wound up he was getting until it was too late. Are the people criticising Hazel's actions before Daley grabbed her throat and threatened her really saying that they would ring the police and press charges if a friend hit them with a pillow or pulled down their shorts? Course you wouldn't. You'd either carry on messing about or tell them to back off coz it wasn't funny.

Thirdly, you don't have to be a nice person to be a victim. Victims come in all shapes and forms and your personal feelings about a person have no bearing on whether a person has been victimised or not. It is a sad world we live in where the victim of violence is made to feel that he or she deserved it because of their not always likeable personality.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    IMO from the footage I have seen and from a non-hysterical perspective (not that EVERYONE has been hysterical) Hazel is a manipulator and certainly not a victim. I actually thought that she was trying to 'turn' Dan in the beginning and when it didn't work she turned to Daley, she's the sort of girl who likes the challenge of seeing how far she can push a bloke sexually, not that I am saying that would excuse genuine aggression toward her but then I don't believe there was any from Daley.

So you dont believe grabbing someones throat and threatening to finish them is genuine aggression.:eek:
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    So you dont believe grabbing someones throat and threatening to finish them is genuine aggression.:eek:

Not in the context in which is was done but then people will see things as they want.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    wendy13 wrote: »
    this:

the aggressor was hazel, she tried to smother him, hit him and then humiliated him.

then she plays the victim card.

she wanted him in her bed
    she wanted him to be sexually aroused by her
    she wanted to direct the nights events
    and she did.

daley wasnt interested
    daley wanted his duvet
    daley told her not to provoke him
    daley was sexually abused

daley was always reacting not being pro active.

at no time did she ask for help, nor asked to be removed from the room

she was prompted by bb to claim she felt threatened.

her problem is that she cant control the narrative, except by using dan.

fact is people got to see how her lust, aggressive behaviour and her need to use her sexuality to control men .. and she cant drive a different narrative that makes her the victim alone

Your posts crack me up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in the context in which is was done but then people will see things as they want.

It is not appropriate in any context. Before that incident it was all fun, then Daley flipped as he was already angry before Hazel went in the bedroom.
    It was his flipout that got him removed.
  • Options
    kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's too one-sided for my sense of humour :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its like a twisted Alice in Wonderland transcript concocted in bedlam, hence the lack of fullstops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not appropriate in any context. Before that incident it was all fun, then Daley flipped as he was already angry before Hazel went in the bedroom.

Why people can't see that, I've no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kate03 wrote: »
    So I thought fine let them get on with it so long as Daley is clear to Hazel about the girlfriend situation. He never was. I'm sure if he had been she'd have stopped just as she did with Dan.

I agree with most of what you say Daley is completely in the wrong for carrying on the way he did whilst being in a relationship but I don't know about the bit above, I think part of the challenge would be to see if she could get someone who 'should' have been unobtainable.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes a wind up merchant.
  • Options
    Forum Member

As I said before, people will see what they want to see. I saw it from a different perspective to you. People need to understand that there will never just be their perspective to a situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with most of what you say Daley is completely in the wrong for carrying on the way he did whilst being in a relationship but I don't know about the bit above, I think part of the challenge would be to see if she could get someone who 'should' have been unobtainable.

Well that may or may not be true, but Daley is still the one who had no self-control, empathy, consideration or concern for his girlfriend. He in my eyes, is the weak man and I don't see why it should be excused at all. If he cared a jot about his girlfriend on the outside, he'd never ever have given a green light to Hazel. :)
  • Options
    kalikali Posts: 10,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an interview in this weeks New mag from Dudley Daley brother. In it he says Kate dumped Daley a month before BB because of something from his past. When she heard he got in the house she was back in a flash and all over him. He also said she was loving the fame on social media and did the Tv interview for that.
    I smell a rat and have always smelled one with this girl. Its all contrived.

You'd think Bots would have done some background work on what the exact story was with Daley and his "girlfriend" before hanging Hazel out to dry as a "homewrecker".

Of course it was all too willingly taken up here by those who for whatever reason or agenda were very quick to run with it .
    "On his brother’s relationship outside of the house, Dudley claimed: "A month before he went in the house, Katie found out something about Daley's past she wasn't happy about... she didn't want to know him and was unsure about things.

"[But] when she found out he was going in the house, she was all like, 'Oh, I want to be with him, everything's amazing now'. I'm a bit annoyed that she's made out everything was cool between them when things were shaky.

"I think she's a bit fame hungry and enjoying the attention she's getting on social media. I'm not defending Daley's [flirting with Hazel]... but there are always two sides to a story and... I'm not going to let people chat s*** about him."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/daley-ojuederie-watch-big-brother-2057296#ixzz2ZOdW6aEg
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    IF Hazel knew about Daley having a girlfriend then I don't think it was right of her to heavily flirt with him. If Hazel did know about his girlfriend, then I think she's quite calculating and selfish. I do think Hazel was provoking him before he got his cover back.

Do you think it was right of him to heavily flirt with her? After all he was the one in a relationship. Once again, responsibility is taken from the guy and passed to the girl:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think it was right of him to heavily flirt with her? After all he was the one in a relationship. Once again, responsibility is taken from the guy and passed to the girl:(

Amen. And that's the whole crux of the problem right there in a nutshell. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think there's an element of her using her sexuality with men. I agree with you about Dan. That was where I began to dislike Hazel a bit and thought what the heck are you doing. However, Dan was the one who drew a line under it and she accepted it. Daley, however, from what we seen from the footage, was the one who initiated the first contact with Hazel by writing on her arm. That said, it was clear that their was a chemistry between them. So I thought fine let them get on with it so long as Daley is clear to Hazel about the girlfriend situation. He never was. I'm sure if he had been she'd have stopped just as she did with Dan.

What attractive woman doesn't?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that may or may not be true, but Daley is still the one who had no self-control, empathy, consideration or concern for his girlfriend. He in my eyes, is the weak man and I don't see why it should be excused at all. If he cared a jot about his girlfriend on the outside, he'd never ever have given a green light to Hazel. :)

Spot on . You could also add arrogant to that list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not even responding any more to any posts which say Daley wasn't aggressive or that Hazel was as aggressive as him. It's just too ridiculous and makes me wonder how violent someone has to be to be considered really aggressive by these people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What attractive woman doesn't?

Well you're right of course. However, I have to admit that I didn't like the overly flirting with Dan. It did put me off her at that time, so I'm not going to deny it. That said though, I never came on here condemning her for it. It was just a bit uncomfortable viewing, as was some of the over-exposure shots of her and Daley too. I don't think anything she's done is bad or anything like that, I just don't like showmances of any kind shoved in my face and really hoped that the relationship with Daley would fizzle out. That's my honest feelings about how I felt about it when viewing it. :o

But I still stand by supporting her through being the one blamed for it though. As I said before, Daley could have ended this at any time had he cared a jot about his girlfriend. :)
  • Options
    Don_RecardoDon_Recardo Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were both victims

Hazel was a victim because no matter what the porovocation Daley should not have threatened her for real or even if he was joking

Daley was also a victim ,
    a victim of hazels manipulative ways which first angered him enough to lose his cool and behave the way he did
    and secondly got him evicted

Her manipulating , saying she was terrified doesnt hold up to close scrutiny . After it all kicked off and she got her warning from BB she still went back and happily got into bed with him for a cuddle .
    and we are told that in the house she has said WTTE she misses him and wish he was back in the house
    Does that sound like the words of someone who is trully terrified of him ?
    and it was this terror that got him evicted so he is a victim too .

So they were both victims , the only difference is only one lost their place in the house
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you're right of course. However, I have to admit that I didn't like the overly flirting with Dan. It did put me off her at that time, so I'm not going to deny it. That said though, I never came on here condemning her for it. It was just a bit uncomfortable viewing, as was some of the over-exposure shots of her and Daley too. I don't think anything she's done is bad or anything like that, I just don't like showmances of any kind shoved in my face and really hoped that the relationship with Daley would fizzle out. That's my honest feelings about how I felt about it when viewing it. :o

But I still stand by supporting her through being the one blamed for it though. As I said before, Daley could have ended this at any time had he cared a jot about his girlfriend. :)

I actually agree with virtually everything you say here. I quite like Hazel. She seemed bright and pretty nice. I think she went way over the top with the flirting (both with Dan and Daley) and I found it cringeworthy. However, she has no responsibility to Daley's girlfriend. He was the one who made it clear to Hazel that he liked her and he was the one who kept saying he didn't even know if he had a g/f or not. I think it's outrageous that she's being called a home wrecker when there was no bloody hom to wreck! Since the horrible events of the other night I think she has behaved with a lot of dignity and I do believe she feels bad that he was thrown out and feels partly responsible so maybe she will learn something from it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with virtually everything you say here. I quite like Hazel. She seemed bright and pretty nice. I think she went way over the top with the flirting (both with Dan and Daley) and I found it cringeworthy. However, she has no responsibility to Daley's girlfriend. He was the one who made it clear to Hazel that he liked her and he was the one who kept saying he didn't even know if he had a g/f or not. I think it's outrageous that she's being called a home wrecker when there was no bloody hom to wreck! Since the horrible events of the other night I think she has behaved with a lot of dignity and I do believe she feels bad that he was thrown out and feels partly responsible so maybe she will learn something from it.

Totally agree. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hazel was a victim because no matter what the porovocation Daley should not have threatened her for real or even if he was joking

a victim of hazels manipulative ways which first angered him enough to lose his cool and behave the way he did

Her manipulating , saying she was terrified doesnt hold up to close scrutiny . After it all kicked off and she got her warning from BB she still went back and happily got into bed with him for a cuddle .
    and we are told that in the house she has said WTTE she misses him and wish he was back in the house

So they were both victims , the only difference is only one lost their place in the house

Firstly how does standing in the garden chatting with Charley after a few drinks,while he was working himself up into a temper because she wouldn't obey him, consist of her manipulating him ?

I don't think we know that she went back and got into bed with him after her warning. We do know they woke up in seperate beds because BB showed it.

You can't say she wasn't afraid of him when he was ranting at and threatening her because you don't know how she felt. I am no shrinking violet but if I had a boxer grabbing me by the neck and telling me he would nut me and finish me, damn right I'd be afraid.

There is no equality in this case. Daley , as a boxer , would have been taught to control himself and never to use his fists and strength outside the ring. I believe him when he says he doesn't usually drink because it looks like he has no self control when he does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, I don't think any of this is as clear cut as the way you are putting it. Your mentioning literal things like 'terrified' and 'misses him' for example.

Isn't it possible to feel all of those things? Isn't it possible that despite everything that's happened, she thinks he lost it that night but it was out of character for him throughout the weeks they'd got to know each other.

It's far more complicated than just this very simplistic black and white view imo. :)
  • Options
    Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy13 wrote: »
    this:

the aggressor was hazel, she tried to smother him, hit him and then humiliated him.

then she plays the victim card.

she wanted him in her bed
    she wanted him to be sexually aroused by her
    she wanted to direct the nights events
    and she did.

daley wasnt interested
    daley wanted his duvet
    daley told her not to provoke him
    daley was sexually abused

daley was always reacting not being pro active.

at no time did she ask for help, nor asked to be removed from the room

she was prompted by bb to claim she felt threatened.

her problem is that she cant control the narrative, except by using dan.

fact is people got to see how her lust, aggressive behaviour and her need to use her sexuality to control men .. and she cant drive a different narrative that makes her the victim alone

This she wouldn't take no for an answer plain and simple.