Options

Hazel: Homewrecker / Victim

Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
Forum Member
✭✭
This forum is a complete contradiction, one week Hazel is the 'Homewrecker' completely rubbing Daley's girlfriends face in it...

Then after a drunken evening which escalated in BOTH parties attempting physical violence on each other, Daley is removed and Hazel is the innocent victim - Role model for strong women...

Daley's behaviour was beyond disgusting and he obviously has issues he needs serious help with, but she was also violent...

Comments

• Options
    whigfieldwhigfield Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    She wasn't violent. She was playful. He was (initially) up until that point.

I've always found Hazel to be fine. She wasn't the one with the girlfriend and she wasn't the one that wrote "I LIKE YOU" on his arm first. :)
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    This forum is a complete contradiction, one week Hazel is the 'Homewrecker' completely rubbing Daley's girlfriends face in it...

Then after a drunken evening which escalated in BOTH parties attempting physical violence on each other, Daley is removed and Hazel is the innocent victim - Role model for strong women...

Daley's behaviour was beyond disgusting and he obviously has issues he needs serious help with, but she was also violent...

I don't understand why people are so black and white.

Can she not be a bitch but also be a victim in this case? I don't get it.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Neither do I; it doesn't have to be either/or. She is a schemer who doesn't give a stuff for people's feelings, but she was also a victim of Daley's aggression.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please how was she violent she pulled down his shorts got a warning for it but in no way did she threaten him .She is a victim
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You really don't get it, do you?

If Daley hadn't put his face close hers and threatened to head-butt her he would still be in there, the other stuff is not so serious.

The producers are protecting their jobs.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member

Exactly. In this case, you can have it both ways.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma couldnt make the distinction either... forget what yo feel about her hooking up with the guy, this was about how violent he was towards her ...but then unless you watch the whole sequence of events where he is already an angry seething tool threatening to punch even before she comes into the SH .. you can understand why Hazel just not understand what she had walked into ... but then anyone who watched her corner her in the shower the night before could see this comming
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    I can't stand her but that has absolutely nothing to do with Daley's aggressive treatment of her. :confused:
  • Options
    wendy13wendy13 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this:

the aggressor was hazel, she tried to smother him, hit him and then humiliated him.

then she plays the victim card.

she wanted him in her bed
    she wanted him to be sexually aroused by her
    she wanted to direct the nights events
    and she did.

daley wasnt interested
    daley wanted his duvet
    daley told her not to provoke him
    daley was sexually abused

daley was always reacting not being pro active.

at no time did she ask for help, nor asked to be removed from the room

she was prompted by bb to claim she felt threatened.

her problem is that she cant control the narrative, except by using dan.

fact is people got to see how her lust, aggressive behaviour and her need to use her sexuality to control men .. and she cant drive a different narrative that makes her the victim alone
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whigfield wrote: »
    She wasn't violent. She was playful. He was (initially) up until that point.

I've always found Hazel to be fine. She wasn't the one with the girlfriend and she wasn't the one that wrote "I LIKE YOU" on his arm first. :)

You could say the same for him. I'm not defending or condoning either of them ...... but acts of violence don't necessarily have to be verbal. Taking his verbal "threats" out of the equation, her behaviour differed very little, up until that point. Imo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Well she was a "homewrecker", pursuing the bloke with the girlfriend. However, Daley had the power to make clear he was in a relationship and not interested in Hazel. He hardly chose to do that, did he?

Anyway that is beside the point, Hazel was a victim of Daley's aggression, whatever else she might be and might have been.
  • Options
    mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    wendy13 wrote: »
    this:

the aggressor was hazel, she tried to smother him, hit him and then humiliated him.

then she plays the victim card.

she wanted him in her bed
    she wanted him to be sexually aroused by her
    she wanted to direct the nights events
    and she did.

daley wasnt interested
    daley wanted his duvet
    daley told her not to provoke him
    daley was sexually abused

daley was always reacting not being pro active.

at no time did she ask for help, nor asked to be removed from the room

she was prompted by bb to claim she felt threatened.

her problem is that she cant control the narrative, except by using dan.

fact is people got to see how her lust, aggressive behaviour and her need to use her sexuality to control men .. and she cant drive a different narrative that makes her the victim alone

bravo:) couldnt have put it better if i tried:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    I don't like her, the way she went after Daley with no thought for his girlfriend was heartless Daley was horrible I don't think she even liked him just the idea of taking the "hot" guy she even tried it on with Dan
    She's very cold , bit twisted inside
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member

Totally agree, can't wait for her to be evicted! :)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I ever saw her as a home wrecker, he was hardly part of a happy family and ever if her were it's his responsibility to make sure he is faithful not hers.

Is she a victim ? yes as although she provoked him she had no way to know BB had failed so badly at judging his character when they put them all in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Can't say I ever saw her as a home wrecker, he was hardly part of a happy family and ever if her were it's his responsibility to make sure he is faithful not hers.

Is she a victim ? yes as although she provoked him she had no way to know BB had failed so badly at judging his character when they put them all in there.

Most people would be hindered by the fact that he was talking about how much he loved his girlfriend during the first few weeks instead she saw it as a challenge there was no guilt or remorse shown just determination to get someone who was already taken
  • Options
    kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »

^This^

I actually had Daley down as one of my favourites at the beginning. He disappointed me by not being upfront about his gf and was economical with the truth about it. I never agreed that she was the homewrecker in the first place. Again BB spun this line by inviting Katie onto the show. That's when the backlash really kicked off against Hazel, that along with showing the edits of the two of them in the worst possible light.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »
    Most people would be hindered by the fact that he was talking about how much he loved his girlfriend during the first few weeks instead she saw it as a challenge there was no guilt or remorse shown just determination to get someone who was already taken

Sorry, but I didn't see much evidence of Daley saying how much he loved his gf at all. He was always ambiguous about this and giving whoever he was speaking to a different version.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    IMO from the footage I have seen and from a non-hysterical perspective (not that EVERYONE has been hysterical) Hazel is a manipulator and certainly not a victim. I actually thought that she was trying to 'turn' Dan in the beginning and when it didn't work she turned to Daley, she's the sort of girl who likes the challenge of seeing how far she can push a bloke sexually, not that I am saying that would excuse genuine aggression toward her but then I don't believe there was any from Daley.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF Hazel knew about Daley having a girlfriend then I don't think it was right of her to heavily flirt with him. If Hazel did know about his girlfriend, then I think she's quite calculating and selfish. I do think Hazel was provoking him before he got his cover back.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why some people are acting like Hazel hasn't been criticised by the large majority of the forum over what happened on Sunday night?

It's not flipped from "Homewrecker Hazel" to "Victim Hazel". There are people who disliked her before and still dislike her, there are people who liked her before and still like her now, and people who disliked her, still aren't overly fond of her, but appreciate that the way Daley was completely wrong. I'd say the general feeling on here though is of dislike for Hazel still.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    IF Hazel knew about Daley having a girlfriend then I don't think it was right of her to heavily flirt with him. If Hazel did know about his girlfriend, then I think she's quite calculating and selfish. I do think Hazel was provoking him before he got his cover back.

IF she didn't know, then she was the only HM in there who didn't ........
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an interview in this weeks New mag from Dudley Daley brother. In it he says Kate dumped Daley a month before BB because of something from his past. When she heard he got in the house she was back in a flash and all over him. He also said she was loving the fame on social media and did the Tv interview for that.
    I smell a rat and have always smelled one with this girl. Its all contrived.
  • Options
    sue2013sue2013 Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    hazel is no victim, she goaded him and payed the price, shes a lying vindictive devious girl, i wish shed gone too,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    IMO from the footage I have seen and from a non-hysterical perspective (not that EVERYONE has been hysterical) Hazel is a manipulator and certainly not a victim. I actually thought that she was trying to 'turn' Dan in the beginning and when it didn't work she turned to Daley, she's the sort of girl who likes the challenge of seeing how far she can push a bloke sexually, not that I am saying that would excuse genuine aggression toward her but then I don't believe there was any from Daley.

I do think there's an element of her using her sexuality with men. I agree with you about Dan. That was where I began to dislike Hazel a bit and thought what the heck are you doing. However, Dan was the one who drew a line under it and she accepted it. Daley, however, from what we seen from the footage, was the one who initiated the first contact with Hazel by writing on her arm. That said, it was clear that their was a chemistry between them. So I thought fine let them get on with it so long as Daley is clear to Hazel about the girlfriend situation. He never was. I'm sure if he had been she'd have stopped just as she did with Dan.