Options

[Game] X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies (series 1) live show 5!

Comments

• Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    It seems everyone thinks District 3 are safe tonight, but are they? Up next it's the first (and only) boy of the evening! Roxie is hoping he'll get the support to keep them both in the contest!

Jake Quickenden - The Best We Got - The Rubens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglqglFSGkY

Pingu:
    Jake I thought that was an okay performance. I am sorry but I don`t think it was the best. The vocals were all over the place, and it didn`t really sound like you through most of the song. It was good, but the competition is really high, and I don`t think that is the best possible thing you could have done. After last week`s performance with D3, that was a huge let down, and I am quite worried for you tonight Jake!!!

Roxie:

*standing ovation*

Ok amazing performance! This was what I was waiting for. If you put the slight echo effect of Sam Margin (lead singer of the Rubens) aside, the vocals sound amazingly similar. They both have the deep, slightly rough and rocky tone. I thought that this was incredibly suitable for you. If Jake can sing Use Somebody, he can sing this type of alternative rock. And I think it’s much more interesting and there’s so much more I can do with it than what he was doing before. I hope everyone enjoyed. This band is one of my favourite bands ever and the song is absolutely majestic. Jake singing it made my day. It was just epic and full of that deep intensity. I love it when acts sing with passion and that was absolutely sung with passion! Please vote for Jake everyone if you did enjoy this new direction I’m taking him in!

Rick:
    Jake Quickenden
    I really liked this song choice from you Jake. For starters, your mentor got the tone spot on this week. The song itself was also incredibly good, which in turn helped make this performance as great as it was. I even dare say that this was possibly your best solo performance so far. You sounded great there, I'm really rating this new direction your mentor has in mind for you. When I first heard about Roxie joining the panel, I was concerned for you Jake. I could have known better though, as your mentor has done a superb job with Adam Burridge in the past, who kind of falls in the same genre as you. Anyway, Keep giving us amazing performances like this and you'll sail straight to the final on the back of my high rankings, mark my words!
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District3

Boys, I really liked that song choice and the performance...I'm gonna slightly disagree with Pingu here because I felt that the harmonies in the chorus were in full bloom along with the solo parts in the verses. Every week you come out and impress me more and once again you turned it up a notch. Well done for another outstanding performance boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh a bit quick there...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Quickenden

Jake, you're the last boy standing with your new mentor and I've gotta say, you are doing very well so far. However tonight, I wasn't totally convinced on the song choice itself and I felt that you were struggling to hold the low notes in some of the sections. But nonetheless, you did what you could on a high-standard night like this. I wish you luck with the votes.

Oh and yes Jordan, you were slightly quicker then me. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mixed feedback on Jake there! Will that reflect in the voting? Our final act tonight is lucky to be here! His mentor believed in him enough to sacrifice Suzie's XF dream in order to keep his alive - was it worth it?

Brad Shackleton - Losing Your Mind (Ryan Star)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tVuk0fZufQ

Pingu:
    Brad, I actually have tears down my cheek. That was a beautiful performance, and a great comeback. It feels like when Amelia Lily came back on X-factor. That was so stunning, and we couldn`t have asked for a better performance. You had nearly the whole audience in tears, and I could see Rick with tears down his cheeks. A great close to the show, and I am so happy that Steve brought you back last week!!!!

Roxie:
    *standing ovation*

Wow! Amazing! Beautiful! Ryan Star is like amazing! And actually he suits Brad so well. Both have that wonderfully expressive husky voice. And I love this direction you’re taking him in Soppy. You definitely have a winner in him! That song is just incredible and this contestant is too! It’d be a crime if he left like last week - that was absolutely beautiful!

Rick:
    *standing ovation*

WOW Brad, what a way to make a return! Let's not forget that we would never have witnessed this performance if the ability to sacrifice acts wasn't in this game. This is exactly why you should never have been eliminated in the first place. This performance was simply stunning, it was a very emotional, powerful song which mixed incredibly well with that lovely husky tone of yours. Okay, the start of the song was a bit slow, but about halfway through this really became an epic performance. To me, this was your best performance so far without a doubt. This is the type of song one would normally pick at the end of a competition, perhaps even as winner's song. This leads me to think that Steve has even better songs in store for you, all of which I'm really looking forward to hearing. Welcome back to the group of frontrunners Brad, I will quit this show if you go home this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad Shackleton

*Standing Ovation*

Oh my word mate! Well Brad, what a ride we've had so far, eh? First you were eliminated with Daniel and then I brought you back in by sacrificing Suzie because I didn't want you to be lost without my guidance. So we had probably one of the biggest hills to climb for tonight and listening to that song which I was listening the other day, my god, we got there and you are now right back in the running which is where you should be! I am so damn proud of you tonight, Brad. Everything was just perfect with you and you closed out the show with perfection!
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Now that's the song I wanted Brad to sing! :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not only does Brad bring the judges to tears! but he also justifies why the 'Sacrifice' was introduced! So, after those 8 performances the voting is open! Here's a re-cap:

Live show #5 running order:

Jade Ellis - Andre (By JoJo) [USA] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-58oJy_Uq8

Belle Amie - Remedy by Little Boots (UK)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXw_q9eho3U
    See performance for notes

Diana Vickers - On the radio (By Regina Spektor) [USA] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHAhnJbGy9M

Poisonous Twin - Watching You by Rogue Traders (OZ)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqvOMrYXd7A

Lucy Spraggan - Everything at once (By Lenka) [OZ] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy5CBfjZ8s

District3 - Hurricane by Chris Wallace (USA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbTICN114sU

Jake Quickenden - The Best We Got - The Rubens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglqglFSGkY

Brad Shackleton - Losing Your Mind (Ryan Star)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tVuk0fZufQ

[As Brad highlighted last week contenders can be eliminated! Thus! They need your support! Please rank them from 8pts (favourite) to 1pt (least favourite) the act with the lowest total are public and judge votes are combined will be eliminated!

Voting closes tonight at 9.15pm! where one act will be leaving us!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy with how that song choice went down, Poisonous Twin were also amazing tonight. :D

I have a feeling that Pingu is gonna be correct and that one of the girls is definitely going tonight. Although having said that, there is the lie lurking about...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I am so happy with how that song choice went down, Poisonous Twin were also amazing tonight. :D

I have a feeling that Pingu is gonna be correct and that one of the girls is definitely going tonight. Although having said that, there is the lie lurking about...

Who doesn't love a good lie!
  • Options
    nomnomnomnom Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Voted, I liked Brad, District 3 and Belle Amie the most tonight.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello folks, I'm here now! I see you've been nice to my groups, except a little bit of (expected) criticism for my BA song choice. It really suits them though, but I will try to be less obvious next show if my girls get through. Also glad you loved PT's staging. :D

When browsing DS, I came across this:
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Anyone got any time, or, just willing to be lovely enough to vote in my XF game! I need public votes for a twist, I swear it won't take 5 mins <3
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1865824
    This must be today's lie, apparently involving the public vote! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nomnom wrote: »

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdye3uLBUF1rlrpvqo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nomnom wrote: »

Thank you for your support. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Voting closes in 15. I can confirm that 1 point separates the bottom 3 in tonight's voting structure! It's anyone's game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Voting closes in 15. I can confirm that 1 point separates the bottom 3 in tonight's voting structure! It's anyone's game.

Interesting, a special voting structure you say?

I wonder what that could be...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this thread so dead tonight? It surely can't be because I have arrived can it? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is this thread so dead tonight? It surely can't be because I have arrived can it? :p

I know! I was thinking that earlier! It's never normally this dead :( hopefully the results in 5 mins will perk it up a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Results time...I have a bad feeling about tonight's lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After a tense show which saw some acts fly, and others fall it's time for the results! Tonight the voting is so close! So, with that let's welcome back the judges and their acts!

Soppyfan and the last Over:
    Brad Shackleton

fireemblemcraze and the last Boy:
    Jake Quickenden

EndOfSanity and the Groups:
    Belle Amie
    District 3
    Poisonous Twins

Pingu58011 and the Girls:
    Jade Ellis
    Diana Vickers
    Lucy Spraggan

Before all of that though, do you wanna hear this weeks lie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone.

What is the lie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Results time...I have a bad feeling about tonight's lie.

Snap out of it, Brad's not going anywhere after tonight. :cool:

Anyway, good luck everyone.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Ok what? Ok so Ricky was concerned when you first heard about me joining? And the other two judges didn't like it...

Ahhhh....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok what? Ok so Ricky was concerned when you first heard about me joining? And the other two judges didn't like it...

Ahhhh....

I was concerned for Jake, but as it turns out I've never been so wrong about anything. <3:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonight's a little different! Here at Live, Lights and Lies we like to get the truth, and, well, judges aren't very truthful are they ;)

They always rank their acts top, thus, we aren't getting accurate results.... Are we.... So, tonight, we will. There will be no bias tonight as the judges' votes, well, they don't count; tonight's result depends entirely on the public and their opinions.

With that said let's get on with the results...

The first two acts through are: