Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    The problem is that the main beams are firing into the Med and the UK is on the very, very fringe of the overspill. The general rule is the further north you go, the bigger the dish you need. The likes of France, Italy etc are perfectly placed to get a decent signal on a moderately sized dish but we're in a rubbish position in the UK.

Where I am, I'd need a 1.1 - 1.3m dish for good weather reception (and that's on a perfect day... something we never seem to get in Liverpool!) but it'd need to be much bigger to accommodate for bad weather and general noise levels, whether the overspill footprint dips etc - and that's when it becomes expensive and still carries no guarantee of good signal on any given day. If I was going for reception from the other satellite, I'd need a 3m dish as a starting point.

There are just so many variables that it's impossible to give a definitive answer on dish size.

What you say is correct but that dish size is way OTT. With the right cabling, LNB etc you could easily get a decent signal on both H and V on a 2m dish. There are people in similar NW locations getting something on 90cm dishes and OK coverage on 1.2m dishes so 2m should do the trick.

Like I say its got to be with the right kit though as the dish size isnt the only trick to a good signal.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought this was online section not satellite? Which is located here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=143 :p

Just kidding but had to get it in before someone else did hehe.
  • Options
    icebergxicebergx Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I'm having trouble air plying the NBC Sports Extra app to my Apple TV. How can I get it to work?
    I've tried using BackgroundManager to keep the stream playing on my Jailbroken iPhone, then pulling up control centre to start the Airplaying, but that doesn't seem to work.
    I also downloaded the Flex2 Tweak entitled "Enable Airplay" but no airplay symbol appears on screen, to allow you to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    icebergx wrote: »
    I'm having trouble air plying the NBC Sports Extra app to my Apple TV. How can I get it to work?
    I've tried using BackgroundManager to keep the stream playing on my Jailbroken iPhone, then pulling up control centre to start the Airplaying, but that doesn't seem to work.
    I also downloaded the Flex2 Tweak entitled "Enable Airplay" but no airplay symbol appears on screen, to allow you to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    I might be wrong but it seems you can only airplay NBC live extra from an ipad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TechPower wrote: »
    I might be wrong but it seems you can only airplay NBC live extra from an ipad.

My apologies. I was wrong. Just tested it with my jail broken iPhone 4. It works. The airplay symbol is not displayed on the screen. You will need to bring up the control centre by swiping up from the bottom and selecting the Apple TV airplay option before playing the video. I noticed I can't bring up the control centre to toggle airplay on or off on my iPhone 4 once the video starts playing unlike on the ipad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Raoul_E wrote: »
    Tried it on a tablet but i do not have hdmi on it.The xfinity app on android is only available on wi-fi( i tried it on a android mini box) Basic is is..i want it on my tv but not through airplay.The jailbreak is killing my battery.Got a samsung smart tv but they have only flash 11.1 on it so it does not work on that browser.Got tips? Much appreciated.

The xfinity go app has now been updated. The latest version supports 3G/4g streaming. Works on my android phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The xfinity go app has now been updated. The latest version supports 3G/4g streaming. Works on my android phone.

Got any tips to get it on my tv withouth airplay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My apologies. I was wrong. Just tested it with my jail broken iPhone 4. It works. The airplay symbol is not displayed on the screen. You will need to bring up the control centre by swiping up from the bottom and selecting the Apple TV airplay option before playing the video. I noticed I can't bring up the control centre to toggle airplay on or off on my iPhone 4 once the video starts playing unlike on the ipad.

Thanks mate I'll try it when I get home.
    So do I even need to be Jailbroken to do this? Do I need BackgroundManager to keep the stream running at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not 100% sure but a Android tv box might be worth considering.
  • Options
    Forum Member

you can use a slim port adapter. (microusb to hdmi adapter.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    akki007 wrote: »
    I'd give up on Bein if I was you, for prem games at least. They're not looking like they're going to start broadcasting online any time soon. NBC is the way. Another xfinity tip.... iPhone airplay seems to be more stable and better 'smoothness' than the iPad.

Yeah that's what I've done, lucky I have a cousin in the US to hook me up with one of these. Watched the Leics vs Arsenal match on there flawlessly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

I think Android TV is the way forward like others have suggested. I bought a T-R42 Android box (http://www.geekbuying.com/item/T-R42-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-2-2-RK3188-28nm-Cortex-A9-1-6-GHz-Mini-TV-BOX-HDMI-HDD-Player-2G-8G-BT-RJ45-External-Wifi-Antenna-with-IR-Remote-Controller-Black-317424.html) for £45 inc delivery (hasn't arrived yet so can't comment on performance, but £45 is a damn good price for a quad core box)

NBC Sports live extra then have an Android app you can set up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Android TV is the way forward like others have suggested. I bought a T-R42 Android box (http://www.geekbuying.com/item/T-R42-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-2-2-RK3188-28nm-Cortex-A9-1-6-GHz-Mini-TV-BOX-HDMI-HDD-Player-2G-8G-BT-RJ45-External-Wifi-Antenna-with-IR-Remote-Controller-Black-317424.html) for £45 inc delivery (hasn't arrived yet so can't comment on performance, but £45 is a damn good price for a quad core box)

Anyone know what the bitrate for NBC Live Extra is, on Android compared to iOS?
  • Options
    Jackk088Jackk088 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what the bitrate for NBC Live Extra is, on Android compared to iOS?
    i don't know nbc bitrate for ios is but android is 3400kbps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jackk088 wrote: »
    i don't know nbc bitrate for ios is but android is 3400kbps

Oh,,, That's pretty good. I think I remember reading the iOS one is 3750kbps.
  • Options
    ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no confirmation of chargeback yet but my PLP payment has been credited back to my card.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Let me please know how the app works when you have the box.Thanks
  • Options
    dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member

The *proper* Android TV is out in October: http://www.android.com/tv/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were told before not to sell accounts on here and you were going to edit your post to remove it. Why are you advertising here AGAIN?!

This is not a commercial enterprise and you have NO credibility or authority to say which accounts are being suspended, and why they are being suspended.
    PLP has only been around since August 2013, so how you can say you have "nearly 2 year" old accounts is ridiculous. There's no way of anyone verifying the age of your "accounts" either.

People like you will eventually get the thread shut down (again) so I suggest you contribute in a meaningful way or just keep quite!

i'm starting to think he is a scammer tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I signed up at the start of this season using Taiwan prices. Account still working. Maybe my ban is on the way!

I think you might be ok mate i've been taking some of your advice and testing a vpn and i'm able to get things i couldn't on a smart dns such as ABC live tv etc.
    Think i'll be joining you on the vpn bandwagon lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aaah, so you're selling hacked accounts. I get it now.
    Problem solved! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I think you might be ok mate i've been taking some of your advice and testing a vpn and i'm able to get things i couldn't on a smart dns such as ABC live tv etc.
    Think i'll be joining you on the vpn bandwagon lol.

I did not know that.Both unotelly and unblock us said that abc live was not available.I will give a try.Thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyone know how to get bein sports mena app working on android box? I get 'video cannot be played' error
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not know that.Both unotelly and unblock us said that abc live was not available.I will give a try.Thanks!

ABC live checks your location i'm with unotelly and ABC live is blocked when i switch to cyberghost vpn ABC live works lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    ABC live checks your location i'm with unotelly and ABC live is blocked when i switch to cyberghost vpn ABC live works lol.

I use unotelly also.I was afraid i would miss the christmas nba games lol.