Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ann Widdlecombe haha
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann Widdlecome! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No axe to grind at all but Kara really wobbled in that dance. Thought Matt's was dull but he didn't make obvious mistakes.
  • Options
    DuckfeetDuckfeet Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Aeryn wrote: »
    Well her arm looks good to me. So nothing wrong there.

And where,pray, did you do your medical training?
    She would have been pushing thru the pain, as there's no point in saving her energy.

Dr. Duckfeet, as it happens. ;)
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American smooth has to be 40% in hold and this wasn't so technically Len is right as they did not do the dance properly. He never said it was rubbish, just not done right

I agree with him, loved the dance but wasn't an American Smooth

ok thanks. Just wondered why it doesn't bother Craig when if usually marks technically
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    That might be Kara's saving grace. The perceived injustice might spur voters to vote for Kara!

Why else do you think that was done?

Kara made so many mistakes just in those 10 second snippets but no doubt she'll win. I hope she doesn't though. More blatant judge bias than X Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Judges think they are sooo clever! Lets finally give Kara her Craig ten so the public know she's better than Matt but get the fans to rally by ruining it with a seven! So transparent!

Oh I don't care who wins they both deserve it but the judges have truly ruined this final! It's actually upset me rather than made me mad, just wish they would get behind the finalists. It's not like they lost the only good dancer!

Echo this totally:)

Also production team don't need another male winner.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara's a big girl , I'm sure she can handle a little critisism, unlike some fans

I think that is true of some fans of ALL the couples!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Judges think they are sooo clever! Lets finally give Kara her Craig ten so the public know she's better than Matt but get the fans to rally by ruining it with a seven! So transparent!

Oh I don't care who wins they both deserve it but the judges have truly ruined this final! It's actually upset me rather than made me mad, just wish they would get behind the finalists. It's not like they lost the only good dancer!

Len, in particular, has annoyed me this year. He has gone against everything he hated before: props, faffing around, ....
  • Options
    pilgrim4jpilgrim4j Posts: 6,975
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Ann Widdlecombe haha
    SHE WRECKED IT FOR ME, MRB!!! Seeing her again is making me feel all hollow and nauseous :o:D
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Tina's bitchy comment!
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Matt - used to watch him on Blue Peter! But as a viewer I've always found his performances below the standard of others. It always seems like there is something missing. He always performs brilliantly, but I don't think Aliona suits him at all.

Kara on the other hand has been brilliant throughout with some very big stand out performances. Very well choreographed. he deserves to win. & I'm not an Eastenders viewer. I only really ever knew her sister from other shows.
  • Options
    EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a lyric search and found this seems like the words?

No

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Wild_Roses_Grow
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    They knew that not enough of it was in hold. Len isn't to blame, they are.

Yup. This should have been their showdance, and would have got 40. It was gorgeous but like Len said the first time, if they don't actually put into a named dance the right content, they can't expect to get top marks. (and I Do want them to win)
  • Options
    beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Apricot wrote: »
    No axe to grind at all but Kara really wobbled in that dance. Thought Matt's was dull but he didn't make obvious mistakes.

She did have a major wobble but the judges had their "rose coloured spectacles" on!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might be Kara's saving grace. The perceived injustice might spur voters to vote for Kara!

True.
    Why else do you think that was done?

Kara made so many mistakes just in those 10 second snippets but no doubt she'll win. I hope she doesn't though. More blatant judge bias than X Factor.

Matt's been marked high constantly for what is (IMO) Strictly Come Gymnastics so I think he'd be more of an undeserving winner.
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo bitchy from Tina. :D:D
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara's stong fav on the betting...but Matt could have the ladies votes to see him through
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Karas hand/arm doesnt look as purple as I expected it to given the former comments
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Tina's bitchy comment!

what did she say... i missed it
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    True.

Matt's been marked high constantly for what is (IMO) Strictly Come Gymnastics so I think he'd be more of an undeserving winner.

Is that your opinion?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    First time poster.

Thought the Kara show dance was very poor and the waltz wasn't great. The rumba was special and the American smooth was tremendously pleasant but apparently technically incorrect.
    Thought Matt and Aliona were very good throughout though they only really approached being sensational in their final dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pilgrim4j wrote: »
    SHE WRECKED IT FOR ME, MRB!!! Seeing her again is making me feel all hollow and nauseous :o:D

She did for me too, I was laughing at the fireman (?) saying Widdlecombe... ;);)
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    It was always a risk to put this in because they knew that Len was miffed with it the first time. but I thought it was gorgeous

On the other hand, it was a dance she clearly loved, so might as well enjoy the chance to perform it again.:)

With two brand new routines to learn as well, there probably wasn't enough time to both change it and perfect the new moves so that it had the same impact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Aww... As fillers go, that was lovely.