Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I edited my post to include that most couples I know split their bills 50-50 even when the woman is earning less.

Your self-selected anecdotal "evidence" from a couple of mates is wholly irrelevant.

Search the net. You'll see I'm right.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson AGAIN!!!!! Move on Matthew! Your seething bitterness needs addressing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. The choice of words by Matthew really is telling. I'm no Clarkson fan but - VICIOUS! BULLY!! RACIST!!! Don't sit on the fence Sicknote! He really does has a personal vendetta that is being allowed to colour the whole show. I think I find Matthew more revolting than Clarkson somehow.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Wow. The choice of words by Matthew really is telling. I'm no Clarkson fan but - VICIOUS! BULLY!! RACIST!!! Don't sit on the fence Sicknote! He really does has a personal vendetta that is being allowed to colour the whole show. I think I find Matthew more revolting than Clarkson somehow.

Scenario: Clarkson goes on Celebrity Big brother, rubs hands with glee. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarkson's words of advice to Stefan on his first day: "Your job as a presenter is to piss off as many people as possible".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Scenario: Clarkson goes on Celebrity Big brother, rubs hands with glee. :D

Oh please let this happen!!!!! Matthew would probably have to pull a rare sickie so he wouldn't have to crawl up Clarksons ass! :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Oh please let this happen!!!!! Matthew would probably have to pull a rare sickie so he wouldn't have to crawl up Clarksons ass! :D

I love it when Matthew goes on about being hypocritical.
    The same Matthew who rants on about hating children and then gives an interview about his journey through IVF treatment. :D

Yes, I'm watching today. Haven't watched for ages.
    He hasn't changed. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was only joking, but the more you think about it, this would be ratings gold for CBB. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You don't have to go abroad to have a holiday - I spend mine every year in the UK" says the man who is constantly letting us know about life in Texas after visiting his sister. So, TWO holidays then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    "You don't have to go abroad to have a holiday - I spend mine every year in the UK" says the man who is constantly letting us know about life in Texas after visiting his sister. So, TWO holidays then!

Yes, like the man of the people he is, Matthew only holidays on two continents a year. :D
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, like the man of the people he is, Matthew only holidays on two continents a year. :D

I also thought he'd mentioned going fishing in France?
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Are wearing jogging bottoms inherently evil"

Sack the researchers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Are wearing jogging bottoms inherently evil"

Sack the researchers

They are if you're a middle class media hipster.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I also thought he'd mentioned going fishing in France?

I thought he'd shown photos of himself fishing in Cuba as well not long ago :confused:
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Ellie1967;77464894]I thought he'd shown photos of himself fishing in Cuba as well not long ago :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes you're right :D
  • Options
    barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The verbal bullying repeated every day at innocent people on the telephone, the supercilious righteous sneering The wild allegation of a sexual attack by a named person and the wrecking of their career. The suggestion of being above park cycling by-laws.

Why have you hung on instead of resigning straight away? What TV channel would take the legal risk of continuing to employ you? Eh . . . Matthew?
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's obsessed with that naked rambler topic, I'm glad that Christine didn't allow herself to be beaten down by him, just because she didn't agree with his opinion.
    Does he really think that it would be okay to see naked people walking around everywhere? just because there is no law against it. What about common decency?
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,495
    Forum Member
    Just watching a recording of it now. Anyone else think Jenny Eclair's reaction during the newspaper review, was a bit odd? She pointed out that she didn't pick the headlines she'd been given and she wasn't happy, talking about the Germanwings plane crash, so she wasn't going to. The last time something similar happened, was a year ago when Jack Monroe refused to give an opinion on the crisis in Crimea, on a program where people discuss issues and give opinions. They're happy to come on to plug their latest book/show/tv programme though.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Just watching a recording of it now. Anyone else think Jenny Eclair's reaction during the newspaper review, was a bit odd? She pointed out that she didn't pick the headlines she'd been given and she wasn't happy, talking about the Germanwings plane crash, so she wasn't going to. The last time something similar happened, was a year ago when Jack Monroe refused to give an opinion on the crisis in Crimea, on a program where people discuss issues and give opinions. They're happy to come on to plug their latest book/show/tv programme though.

I remember the actor who played Charlie (I think) the builder who Tracy Barlow murdered, coming on, and when asked his opinion about something in the papers, said 'I don't know enough about it, mate' I thought but yes, that's why you're here, you are supposed to give an opinion on topics.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

I took it that she meant it was too upsetting so she didn't want to have to discuss it.

I may be wrong of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she was uncomfortable with the speculation i.e the pilot banging on the door etc. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    I think she was uncomfortable with the speculation i.e the pilot banging on the door etc. I could be wrong though.

I remember one time when that Billie Oddie was on and he refused to read the headlines from the Daily Mail - and started ranting about the DM - how precious. MW was delighted as he seems to be very bitter about how much the DM's editor earns. I am sure MW doesn't earn peanuts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he meant to say that ONE of his many holidays per year is slumming it in Blighty with the plebs! How Sicknote can tell the difference between his multiple off-times is a mystery to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    He's obsessed with that naked rambler topic, I'm glad that Christine didn't allow herself to be beaten down by him, just because she didn't agree with his opinion.
    Does he really think that it would be okay to see naked people walking around everywhere? just because there is no law against it. What about common decency?

I really don't have a problem seeing people naked. It isn't automatically sexual. It's natural. Not that it would be my choice but I'm not one of the "Won't somebody think of the children" types (not saying you are either).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »

He sees it as his "cause" now, perhaps thinking if he keeps tediously featuring it he can claim some credit if they stop locking him up.

What an odd man he is.
This discussion has been closed.