Options

What really bothers me about Dark Water...

The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is the scene with Clara thinking she's destroying the TARDIS keys, it makes no sense! She wants him to save Danny so she's going to do that but stopping him from being able to do it? While also stranding herself and the Doctor at the top of a volcano?

Even without the keys he could just snap his fingers or use a vortex manipulator to get in.

Plus there's the fact that if the seven keys she thought she was destroying were from his hiding places, that still leaves her own key, his personal key, the one I would assume Martha still has, and if Mickey and Jack got one those too.

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus there's the fact that if the seven keys she thought she was destroying were from his hiding places, that still leaves her own key, his personal key, the one I would assume Martha still has, and if Mickey and Jack got one those too.

She took a key from his coat pocket IIRC.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Is the scene with Clara thinking she's destroying the TARDIS keys, it makes no sense! She wants him to save Danny so she's going to do that but stopping him from being able to do it? While also stranding herself and the Doctor at the top of a volcano?

Even without the keys he could just snap his fingers or use a vortex manipulator to get in.

Well if he wasn't going to help her she didn't care and would have just been left stranded there to die it was to show she was willing to do that to get back to him and if she couldn't death was the next best option

I don't think the snapping works if the door is locked it only opens the doors not unlocks them even after the snapping The Doctor and Clara have had to use the key to unlock it

A vortex manipulator wouldn't get them in as the TARDIS is protected from things like that or anyone with one could get in and steal it

I assumed her and The Doctors key were in with the 7

It doesn't matter if Marta Mickey or Jack have one was they wasn't there didn't know they were there and had no way to get there even if they knew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    She took a key from his coat pocket IIRC.

I assume that's one of the hiding places though and not his that he keeps on him.

Plus offtopic but was it just me, or was that 10's coat?
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The TARDIS had reformed itself twice since Martha's day. In "The Eleventh Hour" The Doctor received his new key telepathically from The Tardis so keys issued to previous companions wouldn't have worked.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1605571
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A vortex manipulator wouldn't get them in as the TARDIS is protected from things like that or anyone with one could get in and steal it

It doesn't matter if Marta Mickey or Jack have one was they wasn't there didn't know they were there and had no way to get there even if they knew.

The TARDIS has landed inside itself before that, plus Donna got in in The Runaway Bride so it must be possible.

I would assume that one of them would be able to receive psychic messages at some point. He could send them a message to bring him their key.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The TARDIS has landed inside itself before that, plus Donna got in in The Runaway Bride so it must be possible.

I would assume that one of them would be able to receive psychic messages at some point. He could send them a message to bring him their key.

That was a TARDIS not a vortex manipulator which is like a baby toy to the Time Lords and even then the shields were down.

Donna got in because of the Huon particles she had been unknowingly consuming for months and even then it was hard and had to have The Doctor inside to get her in all the way

Even if he could get them a message which without The TARDIS would be hard how would they get it to him that volcano wasn't on modern day Earth it could have been anywhere in space and time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a TARDIS not a vortex manipulator which is like a baby toy to the Time Lords and even then the shields were down.

Donna got in because of the Huon particles she had been unknowingly consuming for months and even then it was hard and had to have The Doctor inside to get her in all the way

Even if he could get them a message which without The TARDIS would be hard how would they get it to him that volcano wasn't on modern day Earth it could have been anywhere in space and time.

I'm pretty sure the only person so dismissive of vortex manipulators is the Doctor who doesn't like them just because they're not his precious Sexy, Jack and River never seemed to have a problem with them.

If it was Jack he was contacting he'd give him the code to make his Vortex Manipulator work, if it was Martha she would "borrow" the one that UNIT has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure the only person so dismissive of vortex manipulators is the Doctor who doesn't like them just because they're not his precious Sexy, Jack and River never seemed to have a problem with them.

If it was Jack he was contacting he'd give him the code to make his Vortex Manipulator work, if it was Martha she would "borrow" the one that UNIT has.

They still couldn't get into the TARDIS or someone would have used one to do so by now when the shields are up nothing can get in not even another TARDIS.

I still doubt that would work and as said their keys are out of date now anyway.
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    The last time the Doctor was locked out of his TARDIS on a volcano planet, he used his ring to focus sunlight to open the door.

STEVEN: Yes, all right, but first you tell us something. How did you break that lock?

DOCTOR: Oh, that's all very simple, dear boy. You see the sun in that particular galaxy has very unusual powers. I merely reflected its powers through that ring.

SARA: Is there something special about it?

DOCTOR: Yes, it has certain properties. The combined forces of that sun together with the stone in that ring was sufficient enough to correct the Monk's interference.

STEVEN: Yes, but what properties has it?

DOCTOR: Now, I don't want to discuss this anymore. Please, about turn, and do as you're told. Go along.

I was hoping Capaldi would do something like that as a nice homage to the show's past.