CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh No!!!!!!
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    im glad he's not gonna be in EE! they dont need hollyoaks actors:p

I've bit my tongue long enough - I always try to be polite to you in posts. Enough. All you do is try to bait people on here. Then you wonder why certain people go off on you? I am actually surprised you haven't been banned - How is your post even constructive? I'm pretty certain if Chris had of been cast in EE - you'd have been over the moon.

In regards to this casting what a great coup for Corrie.

Steph
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he actaually got the part because he was the best actor or because he was famous.
  • Options
    Dani MDani M Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I wonder if he has lost weight recently. He had piled it on you know.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Just posted on Twitter. Will be playing Tommy Duckworth from March.
    Tommy Duckworth, he was the baby that Terry swapped for a Westlife CD or something?

Has he really grown up that much? How time flies!
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    im glad he's not gonna be in EE! they dont need hollyoaks actors:p
    skf1 wrote: »
    I've bit my tongue long enough - I always try to be polite to you in posts. Enough. All you do is try to bait people on here. Then you wonder why certain people go off on you? I am actually surprised you haven't been banned - How is your post even constructive? I'm pretty certain if Chris had of been cast in EE - you'd have been over the moon.

In regards to this casting what a great coup for Corrie.

Steph

I couldn't have put it better myself.
    What a shame that some people have to turn each and every thread into petty Corrie vs EE fueds. It smacks of insecurity and immaturity.

And in any case, Monalisa, your point about EE not needing HO actors is lost - Roxanne McKee and Stefan Booth have both recently featured in E20 and EE and are both ex-HO...
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O well he had to go somewhere now that the Bill has gone, won't cast a judgement until I see him in Corrie lets hope he isn't annoying as he was in HO.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smart casting. Great looking guy and a bloody excellent actor. Won best actor at the 2008 British Soap Awards.
  • Options
    lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved him in Hollyoaks he was my favourite, was gutted when he left but im happy hes going into Corrie now :)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay this is great news. Chris is a great actor. Can't wait to see him in the role.

Andrew Lancel and Chris Fountain - Corrie are spoiling us :D
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Interesting choice of character to bring back, I can't see how he'd plausibly return though to be honest, not without Terry. Unless he's following in his father's footsteps and wants a piece of Jack's will. Can't see why he wouldn't have been included though.

Also, while I can believe Chris playing an 18 year-old, he's a bit miscast. He looks nothing like any of his supposed family.

It states that he doesn't know Jack is dead - so it would be plausible to have him return to the street to look for Jack.

I can see Chris playing an 18 year old - and if anything else, they may age him a few years & Chris is only 23 years old himself, it's not a leap lol - although, by the wording of the article with him catching the eyes of the ladies etc, i'm guessing he'll be in his 20's.

Great coup for Corrie, PC is doing a great jobs with signing people.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great casting by Corrie

It is interesting that Corrie will have a large group of young(ish) male charactors - Tommy, Jason, Gary, David, Graham Chesney and Nick. I reckon Tommy and Jason (Chris and Ryan Thomas) could be a great partnership.They could do with introducing a couple of young female charactors as most of the current cast have been doing the rounds especially Rosie and Marie:)

I know it won't happen with Tommy but a pity that amongst all the good looking men now in Corrie there is a not one who is gay. I mean Weatherfield can do better than Sean:D
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, really good signing.

Good to see Phil Collinson is as good at signing good actors as he is at currently running the show! :D
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Chris was great in HO think he's a great signing for Corrie!!
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    While I couldn't stand the character in Hollyoaks he was a good actor so well done to Corrie for getting him.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Surprised Kirkwood didn't snap him up. Hmmm, but then again, he would have been accused of turning the show into Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting choice of character to bring back, I can't see how he'd plausibly return though to be honest, not without Terry. Unless he's following in his father's footsteps and wants a piece of Jack's will. Can't see why he wouldn't have been included though.

Also, while I can believe Chris playing an 18 year-old, he's a bit miscast. He looks nothing like any of his supposed family.

Surely he looks too old to play Tommy? How old is Chris Fountain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely he looks too old to play Tommy? How old is Chris Fountain?

Since when has that stopped the casting directors?
    New Nick anyone :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Since when has that stopped the casting directors?
    New Nick anyone :o

True, but didn't think they'd do it again after people's comments.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I'm really happy they have decided to bring in more Duckies. I'm so glad at that. Looks like Tyrone will be staying around then, I had hoped he would be written out but it looks like they are bringing in Tommy to be someone for him to work with. I'm guessing Connie may flit in and out until Tommy arrives then disappear soon after, maybe her and Tommy won't get on?

I do wish they had given him a long term partner though and made them into a Jack and Vera instead of a young womaniser.

I'm also not sure about Chris. I have no doubt that he is a good actor, but sometimes Soap swaps don't work so well. Ryan Lamb in E/dale is awful, as was Jamie Hope etc. Plus I felt like Chris' acting was lazy in his last few months, plus his day to day episodes can be a bit weak as well. I'm willing to give him a try though and there has been much worst casting decisions in the past.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris is only 23, it's not that odd for someone slightly older to play a younger role

Hell, 28 year old Craig Gazey plays Graeme who is only 20
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely this should pave the way for Terry's return?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm really happy they have decided to bring in more Duckies. I'm so glad at that. Looks like Tyrone will be staying around then, I had hoped he would be written out but it looks like they are bringing in Tommy to be someone for him to work with. I'm guessing Connie may flit in and out until Tommy arrives then disappear soon after, maybe her and Tommy won't get on?

I do wish they had given him a long term partner though and made them into a Jack and Vera instead of a young womaniser.

I'm also not sure about Chris. I have no doubt that he is a good actor, but sometimes Soap swaps don't work so well. Ryan Lamb in E/dale is awful, as was Jamie Hope etc. Plus I felt like Chris' acting was lazy in his last few months, plus his day to day episodes can be a bit weak as well. I'm willing to give him a try though and there has been much worst casting decisions in the past.

There have been soap swaps that have worked perfectly well:
    Just off the top of my head...
    Jacqueline Pirie in ED and Corrie,
    Sue Jenkins Corrie and Brookside,
    Glynis Barber in ED and EE,
    Marc Silcock in HO and ED,
    Paul Fox ED and Corrie,
    Chris Bisson Corrie and ED.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Great signing by Corrie!!! Excited to see Chris back on our screens again too! He really is a great actor, he completely shone in Hollyoaks. Big congrats to him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    I wonder if he actaually got the part because he was the best actor or because he was famous.

He's famous because he's an actor?!!