Options

CS: Chris Gascoigne...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I don't get it at all. He looks dirty and knackered,and as though he wouldn't smell very nice. I've just realised I don't fancy anyone on Corrie - that's not good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed last nights episodes, what happened?
  • Options
    meelymunchmeelymunch Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    jude1979 wrote: »
    What was he in before?

A fair few years ago, i saw him acting in the play 'Me Mam sez' in The Theatre Royal in Nottingham.

I couldn't beleive it when a few years later he appeared in Corrie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I don't get it at all. He looks dirty and knackered,and as though he wouldn't smell very nice. I've just realised I don't fancy anyone on Corrie - that's not good.

I'm with you Nex. don't see the attraction. And his voice. So monotone.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the charm. I'm sure some people would be happy to give him a good scrub :D
    juliebaird wrote: »

Catch Monday's episode on itv website/catchup. It was good! Next ones on Thursday. Peter's wedding to Leanne didn't exactly go smoothly shall we say.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    until the next time she strays :yawn:
    or they both stray thinking of their chequered past .... straying, bigamy ..., etc :)
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member

not even Dr Carter, a Liam Connor lookalike? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Dr Carter- he does nothing for me either.Too pretty boy.

Maybe too clean looking ;)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Peter used the wedding blessing at the church as an opportunity to announce he knew that Leanne and Nick had been having an affair.He denounced the pair of them from the altar as well as having a go at Ken.

The episode ended with Leanne pleading with him to take her back,but he was having none of it and told her he never wanted to see her again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him too, mostly because he reminds me (a bit) of Jason Done, who plays Tom Clarkson on Waterloo Road, who I definitely wouldnt chuck out of bed....

;)
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His name is spelt with a C- Chris Gascoyne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »

His name is spelt with a C- Chris Gascoyne.

Yeah thanks rfonzo I realised my mistake when starting the thread and then obviously I couldn't change it...too late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Peter used the wedding blessing at the church as an opportunity to announce he knew that Leanne and Nick had been having an affair.He denounced the pair of them from the altar as well as having a go at Ken.

The episode ended with Leanne pleading with him to take her back,but he was having none of it and told her he never wanted to see her again.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where Chris comes from is not far from where I live. Where I used to work his brother used to work there (before I started unfortunately)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where Chris comes from is not far from where I live. Where I used to work his brother used to work there (before I started unfortunately)

He's from Nottingham isn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about Jeff/Archie- Sally's new man?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    He's from Nottingham isn't he?

Yeah Kirkby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire its approx 6 miles from me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Kirkby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire its approx 6 miles from me. :)

I'm sure I've been there before. Nice place?
    He's got quite Roman features and dark complexion. Do you agree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was amazing tonight -should have finished the job on Nick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm flabbergasted by the fuss about him - people genuinely like Peter/fancy him? But he's.... he's so unlikable! :(

Didn't you think he was being such a selfish brat tonight? Almost willing to kill Nick - and he did assault him - because 'oh woe, I've lost everything!' ---- erm, what about Simon? Your son? The one you almost got killed in a fire? No, apparently he doesn't matter.

And he's such a hypocrite - wasn't that long ago he married two women at the same time. And all he ever did with Leanne was whine and moan and go drinking behind her back - at least she supported him and looked after his son - what on earth did he ever do for her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Really? The man looks dog ruff. I would agree with you when he first came in to Corrie but nowadays he actually looks like he has been hitting the bottle in real life.

It may be all just make-up but ever since his return he looks like he hasn't had more than 4 hours sleep in a week.

You can have him.

Wow how mean. I bet you are no looker yourself too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mamaboogie wrote: »

I like the fact that he isn't a 'hunk' or a 'pretty boy' brought in to obviously charm the ladies..

Pretty boys i dont usually fancy anyway!!!

The bin man, carla's ex (cant remember his name) he was nice too :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovinluka wrote: »
    I'm flabbergasted by the fuss about him - people genuinely like Peter/fancy him? But he's.... he's so unlikable! :(

Didn't you think he was being such a selfish brat tonight? Almost willing to kill Nick - and he did assault him - because 'oh woe, I've lost everything!' ---- erm, what about Simon? Your son? The one you almost got killed in a fire? No, apparently he doesn't matter.

And he's such a hypocrite - wasn't that long ago he married two women at the same time. And all he ever did with Leanne was whine and moan and go drinking behind her back - at least she supported him and looked after his son - what on earth did he ever do for her?

Peter's volatile nature serves to demonstrate what a multi-faceted character he is. His motives seem purely selfish but deep down he cares for Simon. Here lies the flaw. Leanne- what was her initial motive. I think she fell for the ideal family unit with Simon rather than Peter himself. Would Peter be good enough for her? I'm not sure. Peter is no angel but he would meet his match with Carla (as I keep stating). Whether the family unit would be so strong is anyone's guess really.

As an aside this thread really is an appreciation of the actor. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovinluka wrote: »

I agree with most of your points. I find him selfish and self pitying and I also thought about Simon when he said he had lost everything. However, he has a few good points which were displayed when he supported Carla. However, he never seemed to show Leanne the same compassion and concern that he did his alcoholic buddies. Also dislike the way he blames his Barlow genes for his failings,

Looks wise he could easily play a part in any of the Godfather movies. I think he's a good actor, but I don't particularly like the character he plays, though I had some sympathy for him when he didn't know what was going on behind his back.