Options

The reason why they are saying Lisa is the people's champion...

124»

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    She's not the peoples champion, if she were then she would have topped the vote on Saturday and not been in the dance off. I suspect that accolade goes to Louis.

The voting totals have not been published as far as I know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LisaC wrote: »
    They should have a Wildcard system so that GBP can keep in people they want to keep watching, but without equating that to dance ability.
    It's the pretence of competence that people with a keen sense of fairness find difficult. If they just made it easy to keep her because you like her, but without pretending she can dance, that will suit everyone.
    Then she can be people's champion without being dance champion.

I think its always best just to let theGBP decide Lisa, ley get it right most of the time:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake! How ridiculous.

Has anyone won this - or any other public participation show - show with 100% of the public vote?

Russell Grant came out on top in 'The Peoples Champions' dance off against Widdy in aid of Children In Need.
  • Options
    Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I think its always best just to let theGBP decide Lisa, ley get it right most of the time:)

How true, Terry,:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa 2 wrote: »

I have faith in the voting viewers Pippa its a shame that the system always skews the results to knock out The Peoples Champion:)
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    I have faith in the voting viewers Pippa its a shame that the system always skews the results to knock out The Peoples Champion:)

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a real bond between Lisa and Robin that was good to watch - they made an excellent team. I hope she isn't reduced to presenting silly bits of info in next years ITT a la Widdy and Russell these past two years. That would be sad. Hope she gets lots of work and becomes a big West End star. Don't want her to end up in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people's champion will be the eventual winner.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Lisa's gone. Who else would have got away with making mistakes in their dancing for so long? I can think of at least one other couple who should have stayed and Lisa should have been long gone.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the order in which people went out this year has been quite good. I thought Sid Owen was going to do a lot better than he did but he seemed to stall so suddenly and never recovered. Poor love.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really did have to walk out of the room when faced with the tears, gurning and overeffusive acknowledgements of all associated with SCD - I thought we might get a Gwyneth Paltrow type of speech - and it wasn't far from that.

However on ITT last night I was pleasantly surprised: she was realistic about her exit and when she smiles without the gurning she looks quite pretty.

Apart from her banging the drum for Denise I think she came across quite well.
  • Options
    bahhhhbahhhh Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Thank god she finally went! as each dance went by and the judges chose NOT to critique lisa and robin but just say she was 'fun' and 'bubbly' etc .... meanwhile louis was getting marked down because his thumb was up! wtf... and denise's leg wasn't straight enough... it was turning into an absolute nonsense - the elephant was obviously in that room and 4 people (the judges) were choosing to ignore it.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    She's not the peoples champion, if she were then she would have topped the vote on Saturday and not been in the dance off. I suspect that accolade goes to Louis.

It could well be that after Len's comment on ITT that Lisa came bottom of the poll.

The BBC is misleading the public by allowing Tess to call her The People's Champion when Louis certainly was more popular than her and she could have come below even Denise in the vote and be The People's Reject.

It was quite dishonest and offensive to Louis and perhaps the other candidates.
  • Options
    LisaCLisaC Posts: 157
    Forum Member

But did they have their name in Giant Letters across the stage on Saturday? - No, just little Old Me from Scotland :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are calling her that to justify the judges ignoring her faults every week and overmarking her. She was the judges champion or in other words the production team 's champion. The helped her stay in all these weeks.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's quite simple actually..

Out of the 5 semi-finalists, Lisa and Robin have the lowest average score of 29.3 which is nearly 3 marks lower than Louis and Flavia with an average of 32.0 in 4th.

However, Lisa has not been in the dance off once. Neither has Louis and Dani but they have higher averages. Denise and Kimberley both have.

I know that people's apparent hatred of Lisa is shielding the fact so I thought I would add in the stats.

This is why they are claiming her as the 'people's champion'

Thanks out!

Just seen this. I don't think anyone hates Lisa it's just that she was not as good a dancer as the others - bad as it happens - and has stayed in over better dancers while every week getting rave reviews from the judges and sometimes getting better scores than better dancers. Surely a dancing competition should be judged on the dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Just seen this. I don't think anyone hates Lisa it's just that she was not as good a dancer as the others - bad as it happens - and has stayed in over better dancers while every week getting rave reviews from the judges and sometimes getting better scores than better dancers. Surely a dancing competition should be judged on the dancing.

Shame the judges weren't looking at her dancing. Otherwise they would have seen all the mistakes and poor technique.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if Lisa should take her "People's Champion" tag as a compliment or an insult - after all, didn't La Widdy once hold the same title??:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Don't know if Lisa should take her "People's Champion" tag as a compliment or an insult - after all, didn't La Widdy once hold the same title??:D

Definitely a compliment, Dear Russell edged Widdy in 'The Peoples Champions' Dance Off in aid of Children In Need.
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »

I agree there. After all, Lisa, whatever her dancing ability, strikes me as a decent human being, unlike the loathsome AW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    My (slightly jumbled) take on it, for what it is worth...

To me, Lisa is quite a vulnerable woman (she of course lost her mother earlier this year) who has been fawned over and told how wonderful and inspirational she is for weeks on end now. And yes, she patently has a lot of public support, and I credit her with very much... I'll admit I find the whole People's Champion, Nation's Sweetheart thing exceedingly irritating regardless of recipient and I won't pretend I'm Lisa's biggest fan of the moment... But I wish her well, and I've no doubt she'll do very well out of this. (Certainly considerably better than Grumpy Person here ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zarina111 wrote: »

To me, Lisa is quite a vulnerable woman (she of course lost her mother earlier this year) who has been fawned over and told how wonderful and inspirational she is for weeks on end now. And yes, she patently has a lot of public support, and I credit her with very much... I'll admit I find the whole People's Champion, Nation's Sweetheart thing exceedingly irritating regardless of recipient and I won't pretend I'm Lisa's biggest fan of the moment... But I wish her well, and I've no doubt she'll do very well out of this. (Certainly considerably better than Grumpy Person here ;) )

Poor Lisa must still be hurting a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zarina111 wrote: »

Lisa comes across as quite vulnerable to me too Zarina:)