Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juries are casting their votes from North London. Anyone near? ;)

https://twitter.com/CarrieGrant1/status/464749781903237120

(My mistake.. I thought there were 10 jurors not 5)
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    Do you think it would take all countries' voting results to decide the winner? That would be exciting as compared to a winner already being decided with five countries remaining (mathematically speaking).

I been thinking that it will be tight for a while, but the people on the ground are sensing an Austria runaway since they saw sf2
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know what the music was that was used in that wonderful dance segment with the kids?

Got it! It's Calabria 2007 by Enur. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1hlzLsUaU
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Yes but as people have been saying they where both performed in the semifinals, Molly wasn't now can we shut up about this now its like a broken record in here sometimes >:(

Like I said before, Lena didn't move at all prior to her final performance in a year similar to this one, I think it's ridiculously hard to call atm though
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    What there is a break before and after it :confused: Just read it was a technical delay afterwards which paused France

Oh was that why their was a 2nd break bet it happens again tonight and tomorrow though
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it! It's Calabria 2007 by Enur. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1hlzLsUaU

I think you're right Foxy.......thanks. I want that remix.:)

edit.....I know you're right, you edited just as I posted!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Bit of a circus theme this year!

Conchitta the bearded lady
    Carl the Tattooed Man
    Dilara with the trapeze artist
    Pollapunk the clowns
    plus see-saws and hamster wheels...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby2 wrote: »

Carl the Tattooed Man
    Pollapunk the clowns

:o:o
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Oh was that why their was a 2nd break bet it happens again tonight and tomorrow though
    Why would the same technical hitch happen again (and again)? :confused: Don't believe DR are that bad :p
    emby2 wrote: »

Carl the Tattooed Man
    Pollapunk the clowns
    :D Don't forget the trampoline...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Why would the same technical hitch happen again (and again)? :confused:

Sounds like it's a spoiler
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Here is how the entries are doing on UK Itunes (yay! iunes!)

UK-39 and 96
    Austria-163
    Netherlands-168
    Sweden-315
    Greece-316
    Latvia-385
    Romania-439
    Switzerland-486
    Belarus-509

Surprised at Latvia:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Why would the same technical hitch happen again (and again)? :confused: Don't believe DR are that bad :p

Just seems a bit suspicious now after reading about Christer's influence lol :D
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's a spoiler
    :confused: A technical issue a spoiler..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »
    Here is how the entries are doing on UK Itunes (yay! iunes!)

UK-39 and 96
    Austria-163
    Netherlands-168
    Sweden-315
    Greece-316
    Latvia-385
    Romania-439
    Switzerland-486
    Belarus-509

Surprised at Latvia:D

After 200 you're only taking about 1 or 2 sales I believe
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    It was Latvia who won that year.

Never said they didn't. Point was that the Eastern countries aren't as "pruney" as made out.
  • Options
    CAFCAF Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I just recognised that I am visible on TV - I was holding an Aussie Flag - right after Jessica Mauboy's performance!!!
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Never said they didn't. Point was that the Eastern countries aren't as "pruney" as made out.

Oh they are, 2000-2002 was the start of tactical voting you could argue.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,219
    Forum Member
    CAF wrote: »
    I just recognised that I am visible on TV - I was holding an Aussie Flag - right after Jessica Mauboy's performance!!!

*heads to iplayer* :p
  • Options
    Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grief so much to catch up on:

Not too sure about Molly being last on, but in hindsight looking at the list of songs it was obvious. Sweden is 13th… should have been 1st 
    It’s the same every year no matter how well I get to know the songs my opinion changes when seen at the competition. I love that.
    As it is after last night I am now convinced that Austria will win it, the performance and reception was outstanding…. Personally I dislike the song so I have other’s I’d prefer to win, but my goodness what a voice, not a note out of place! What with all the hype I don’t see it being beaten now. I hope I’m wrong and the scoring is exciting with many in contention until the end and no obvious runaway winner as is the norm these days.

I was happy enough with semi 1 results (few quibbles mind) but not with last night:

Malta – always liked this song happy it got through
    Norway –love this song happy it got through
    Switzerland – as above
    Slovenia – very pleased, was thinking this one may not make it but great performance of a great song well deserved
    Greece – was so so until I saw it and thought it was good, not great, but good enough.
    Finland – I liked this as a song but didn’t rate it much until I saw it live, they did a great job so happy it made it (also I’m in Finland next week on holiday so feel I want to get behind it)
    Austria – as said I don’t like the song but can not argue with the quality of the performance, it deserved to get through.

Poland – No, hate it even more now, a place wasted – Israel should have got in instead.
    Belarus – Again awful song should have gone to FYRM
    Romania – Another country that seems to get in no matter what it sends (shame I love Romania as a country, I have had some great times there with the locals) – should have been Georgia.

Georgia – I love this, not everyone’s cup of tea but surprised the juries didn’t get it enough
    Israel – Great performance lifted a song I wasn’t too sure of to one I really liked, shame
    Lithuania – Performance probably put people off a marmite song, could have done better shame.
    FYRM – why did they say her singing was not that good? There were worse, I thought she did well and I’d have liked to see her make it to the final.
    Ireland – erm… I have to be careful I’m in Ireland as I type…. But worst performance of the evening, also there was nothing to latch on to forgettable. The only non qualifier I agree with.

My conclusion. We’ll do well top 5 but Austria will win.
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my French oral today so I've decided to relax for the rest of the day by making a fancy sweepstakes program for my house Eurovisionfest tomorrow. I've already been berated for thinking that the UK has a chance of doing well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep getting lost trying to find the forum now
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random order my arse........announcing Conchita last. pfft.

I can't believe Mei didn't make it.:(
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Conchita's vocal got panned by the judges! Ouch.
  • Options
    craigalexandercraigalexander Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

The only other time UK has sang last is 1966!
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number of things:

I think Berkmann is counting his chickens before he's even laid an egg. Conchita will piss all over Sweden and remain in the memory of voters despite her early slot, Sweden wont. Nice lights, shame about the song. It's an identikit Melfest tubthumper sung reasonably well, but nowhere as memorable as Austria. Coming after a break can be a problem as well if people have gone off to restock the nibbles/wine/have an Eartha Kitt/crafty Harry Wragg on the balcony and are a bit slow coming back. Austria=memorable, Sweden=Ikea beige sofa. I like the song but it's not stand out, wow factor which it needs in that slot.

Netherlands. I think they will struggle coming after the home roar for Basim. His uptempo number and the home crowd reaction will I think overshadow the Dutch, sadly. I still think they will do well, but I'm not sure they will win.

Norway. I think sadly this might have now lost the chance to get a win, the quiet performance will get lost so early in the running.

UK. I don't think we could have asked for a better slot. So long as Molly can give the right performance it could do well. There was a theory years ago that the UK used to have erratic voting for late slot novelty acts because all the p*ssheads from the pubs used to vote for the funny ones they caught as they walked in from the battle cruiser. Perhaps Molly might get a voting bounce from the late arrivals from the tavernas and bars of Europe! Seriously though, she's not a fading crooner or rocker, the rest of Europe think the BBC have taken the contest seriously this year and I think they will see it as a credible act, and we will get votes for that.

There again what do I know.

Working my way through the thread, you chatty lot - up to page 298 now!

I do agree with you wombat, I'm listening to the songs through in order at the moment (to get the idea of "show flow" (which is a horrible phrase!!) ) and I reckon that the audience in the arena will still be Basim-ed up to the hilt when Ilse and Waylon start their song. Whatever anyone may have replied to you - what's going on in the arena DOES come across on the telly, and I think Ilse and Waylon might need the "hear a pin drop" arena for it to have that same magic they had on Tuesday
    thms wrote: »
    indeed.. I've just dreamt that Poland won. People all over the universe were toasting their victory with Lurpak..

I don't doubt that you dreamt of Poland a fair bit last night thms! :p
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    Israel out? Seriously? :(

Think I may have converted him. He was very disappointed when the songs ended and got very into the voting (mostly for Israel, Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia and Finland, the latter he described as "got to get my boys through!") He sang Same Heart to me a fair few times after too so he's either trying to finish with me or he's as sad about Mei as I am!

Does he have to clean up your mess?!
This discussion has been closed.