Options

Only Connect (BBC2)

Comments

• Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    I wonder why series 3 contestants weren't allowed back in?

My guess is that they'll move that limit as time goes on- so next year series 3 contestants will be allowed on, then the year after series 4 and so on?
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    My guess is that they'll move that limit as time goes on- so next year series 3 contestants will be allowed on, then the year after series 4 and so on?
    Yes, sorry I was being flippant again. I just didn't realise Katie Br*m*ll-St**n*r didn't actually win until series 4.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Number of teams in each of the first four rounds.

:)

But I bet you wouldn't have got it from the first clue

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

But I bet you wouldn't have got it from the first clue

:):):)
    Plus they might not show the episodes in the same strict order.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I might have done given my previous post. Couldn't think of anything else it could have been except powers of 2 in pairs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Quite possibly the most irritating programme on televison. Merely a vehicle allowing Victoria Coren to justify her existence. Now on BBC2! Please make that hideous cow disappear Mummy...PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hideous=Victoria Coren? No, it's just not feasible. Sounds like someone's becoming a bit green-eyed...
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Quite possibly the most irritating programme on televison. Merely a vehicle allowing Victoria Coren to justify her existence. Now on BBC2! Please make that hideous cow disappear Mummy...PLEASE!!!
    She doesn't need to justify her existence. I'm sure she's very happy being who she is - intelligent, first class degree in English from Oxford, attractive, witty, happily married, wealthy, journalist, writer, successful poker player .......................

I'm sure many would like to have her existence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    Plus they might not show the episodes in the same strict order.

It doesn't matter what order they're shown. They're not going to change the number of teams in each round or show the rounds out of order.

Don't watch it then. It's only 30 minutes of TV a week. It's not like she's on everything.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    Hideous=Victoria Coren? No, it's just not feasible. Sounds like someone's becoming a bit green-eyed...

Just look at his posting history, been trolling all over Digital Spy for several days.

Just add to the Ignore List.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,498
    Forum Member

If Heidi's mummy is reading this, please don't let your daughter have unsupervised access to your PC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what order they're shown. They're not going to change the number of teams in each round or show the rounds out of order.
    What I meant was they might not show the episodes in the strict order in the explanation. The whole first round consists of 20 matches reducing 16 teams to 8.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member

Your obviously not intelligent enough to know that you can make her disappear all by yourself. Change channel or use the off button. Simple enough, even for you:)

Welcome back, btw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    Your obviously not intelligent enough to know that you can make her disappear all by yourself. Change channel or use the off button. Simple enough, even for you:)

Welcome back, btw.

Only Connect apostrophe special:

You're*
  • Options
    xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical.

It moves to BBC2 and we're already getting grammar failures in the thread.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xendesktop wrote: »
    Typical.

It moves to BBC2 and we're already getting grammar failures in the thread.

Yes, you wouldn't get that from BBC4 viewers. :)
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Yes, you wouldn't get that from BBC4 viewers. :)

Oh yes you would. Im a BBC4 viewer.

There you go :)
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They let you in? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm :p
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Dave last night I caught one from the first OC series (with Greek letters) and Mark Labbett who's now a Chaser. All the connections seemed rather easier than recent series.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »
    On Dave last night I caught one from the first OC series (with Greek letters) and Mark Labbett who's now a Chaser. All the connections seemed rather easier than recent series.

Second series.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost like these are being shown out of sequence. In the first series, VCM was saying "not a group" for every incorrect attempt on the Wall, then she stopped, but now she's started again!
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    It's almost like these are being shown out of sequence.

Nah, the point is that you watch on Monday, and then you have to guess what episode will be shown on Thursday. If you need any help, you can always watch Tuesday's episode. but you get less points.
  • Options
    SimonK01SimonK01 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Eight hours to go. Who's excited?
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonK01 wrote: »
    Eight hours to go. Who's excited?

Calm down dear, not really.
    I fear the questions are just as tricky but the contestants aren't up to the task.

The small pool of OCD/savant/nerds has been used up in the original series so now we are left with run-of-the-mill Pub Qiuizzers and professional TV Quiz show-offs who can name all the US State Capitals but can't see a convoluted but simple connection .

Can we remind the Viccy groupies, Poker champ or not, that she would be presenting sod all on the BBC if it wasn't for her famous Dad.