Options

Couples where the woman drives?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    i do most of the driving. infact sometimes when my boyfriend offers me a lift somewhere, i'll be the one that drives there and he'll drive the car home. he much prefers me driving, even though hes been doing it for 6 years more than me and is the better driver!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't drive as I've never learnt but my wife drives. It doesn't make me feel less of a man or anything :confused:
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missrae wrote: »
    i do most of the driving. infact sometimes when my boyfriend offers me a lift somewhere, i'll be the one that drives there and he'll drive the car home. he much prefers me driving, even though hes been doing it for 6 years more than me and is the better driver!

have you considered getting a new boyfriend?
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    I don't drive as I've never learnt but my wife drives. It doesn't make me feel less of a man or anything :confused:

That is a bit selfish
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless he's been drinking MrGOGO2 usually drives.....He's a dreadful passanger and I'm lazy so it makes sense. :)

I certainly don't find it strange for a women to drive a man about.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife always drives when we go anywhere, she loves driving our car and I don't mind because I drive around a lot each day and find it stressful, which is not good for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    have you considered getting a new boyfriend?

ha. no he's alright really, he's been the one driving in all this bad weather coz i'm a relatively new driver (1 and half years) and i'm not too confident about driving in the snow.
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »
    1. The car was one of my 'babies' - they are far too powerful for her to handle.

I completely understand the other reasons you put but I find this one at odds with me since I've always driven fast cars until the price of fuel took me to something vaguely more sedate. I've been driving cars, trucks and limos around my grandfather's yard before I was legaly allowed to drive and think that if you have a licence you should, regardless of sex, be able to drive anything, or at least give it a go.

I drive and own our car, look after everything to do with it, just is that way since I've always had a car and my husband hasn't owned one since I've known him, He's just not interested in four wheels as he's a committed biker and whilst I have a bike licence I always go pillion or take my own motorbike (not right now as I don't have one). He'll never ever been pillion on a bike but happy to sit in the passenger seat of the car, especially when he wants a few beers ;)
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Must admit, it bugs me when anybody who can drive doesn't do their fair share but, having said that, if I could convince my missus to drive me around all the time it'd be great.
    Sometimes I'd sit in the back and read a broadsheet newspaper and smoke a cigar.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always, always,always let my husband drive our car, I wouldn't dream of taking over!!

Probably cos I can't drive!:p
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuartey1 wrote: »
    I don't believe you. :D

I'd video it but I would have to spend ages pixelating their faces in every frame to save their embarrassment.
  • Options
    EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not in a relationship right now but I'm a terrible passenger seat driver. I'm a control freak, and can't stand having someone else drive. So when in a relationship I either have to be the one driving or I have to be in a relationship with someone who is able to completely block me out when he is driving... I have yet to find that patient/deaf person, so in every relationship I have been in I've been the one to drive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Women in cars????

Don't do it!!

I was just about to post that! Glad I carried on reading or I would have confirmed how generally dizzy women are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I would never let any woman drive my car, I would rather walk. Saying that, I probably wouldn't let anyone else drive it really.
  • Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    I completely understand the other reasons you put but I find this one at odds with me since I've always driven fast cars until the price of fuel took me to something vaguely more sedate. I've been driving cars, trucks and limos around my grandfather's yard before I was legaly allowed to drive and think that if you have a licence you should, regardless of sex, be able to drive anything, or at least give it a go.

I drive and own our car, look after everything to do with it, just is that way since I've always had a car and my husband hasn't owned one since I've known him, He's just not interested in four wheels as he's a committed biker and whilst I have a bike licence I always go pillion or take my own motorbike (not right now as I don't have one). He'll never ever been pillion on a bike but happy to sit in the passenger seat of the car, especially when he wants a few beers ;)

I have 3 cars, the smallest of which is a 4.6. Being so large they are all obviously RWD and she does not feel safe in them with so much power and the arse slipping all over the place. As a Yank she drives a large 4x4 auto as a minimum. She had to take on of mine out one day because her car broke down and came back vowing never to drive such a 'bloody useless thing' again.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmmmm most of those wandering around looked like men to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    me and my gf decide between us at the time who is driving, she is a better driver than i am i dont mind admitting it
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife drives. I passed my test aged 18 in 1978 and have never driven since that day. Hated it and am too nervous. Have now surrendered my licence rather than pay for a new photo liked they asked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife passed her test ages ago but then didn't drive for years. About a year ago she started again, and it was brilliant because she wanted to practice as much as possible, so I got to sit in the passenger seat all the time. Unfortunately back in the summer she drove the wrong way up a one-way street and got into a right tizzy, and since then she's been too afraid to drive, which is a shame because she was getting quite good.
  • Options
    krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband can't drive, so I always do. Suits me fine most of the time, I love driving and don't want to let anyone else drive my car! It would be nice sometimes if he drove, but we've managed for the last 13 years this way without much issue (except when he tries to tell me how to drive...that never goes down well!).

Of our group of friends, it's just always worked that the women do most of the driving - most of the men haven't bothered to learn until they're well in their 30s.
  • Options
    KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My neighbours are a bit funny, the wife drives except when they are going to park on their drive, then they swap seats and the husband does the parking, same happens when they go out again, hubby drives from the drive to the road then the wife drives the rest (until they have to park I expect). :confused:

Awww that's kinda sweet actually...don't know too many men who would go through all that effort !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I would imagine that 95% of couples when in the main car have the woman in the passenger seat. have a look next time you are out.

I noticed that even when I was a kid. My parents- Dad drove. Family friends- The Husband drove. Grandparents- Grandad drove. Aunt/Uncle- Uncle drove. The only time I saw one of my female relatives driving was when their partner wasn't coming on the journey.

In some cases it makes sense (traditional family setup where man bought the car), but I really don't understand why so many couples have the man driving every single time. It's really bizarre, and I'm very curious as to why it's so widespread.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    My wife drives. I passed my test aged 18 in 1978 and have never driven since that day. Hated it and am too nervous. Have now surrendered my licence rather than pay for a new photo liked they asked.

Having passed your test in 1978, your licence should have been valid until you are 70. No photo or renewals required, until you reach that age.
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I never let my wife drive if i'm in the car unless i've been boozing. I like to give her a break as she drives as part of her job.