Options

Gary Barlow - Robbie's future in Take That uncertain

2»

Comments

• Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Honeymoon period is over with Robbie Williams and the guys. It would all eventually end in tears, and he be off to do his own music. Take That fans will have to bite there tongues and get on with it. Robbie only came back, because of pressure and found the time out to do this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348785/Gary-Barlow-hints-Robbie-Williams-reunion-temporary.html
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me laugh how little people know about Take That...

Robbie did not insist on singing lead on every track. That's obvious by the fact that he doesn't sing lead on every track...

Take That asked Robbie to go back for an album and a tour and then "who knows"...Gary is simply confirming this.

And as for it being a disaster, I think their bank managers would disagree...as would their tour promoter.

People need to chill out and realise that they are only musicans. If you don't like Robbie then just don't listen to/watch him. Simples.

I'm sure Robbie won't lose any sleep by certain bloggers being jealous of him, sorry not liking him.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care whether or not he demanded lead vocals on certain tracks I just prefer Take That without his voice and I liked their musical style BEFORE he rejoined last year.

Dont get me wrong I love alot of Williams early solo work like No Regrets & Supreme but his last several studio albums have stunk and as a person I find him a damaged ego merchant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    I had a look at the track listing and I make it GB6, RW 6

Are you talking about progress?

Barlow has 5, Rob has 6.

Everyone seems to forget about Howard & Jason, they are the real victims with 1 a piece.

Back on topic i agree with the OP i don't care for the petty arguments and just much prefer Take That as a 4.
    Was never into the old stuff, loved Beautiful World & The Circus, Progress is ok.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well. You could always listen to real music instead. :p
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed :)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    The new album by Take That (5) is better than both Take That's last studio album and Rob's last studio album. It has nearly caught up with sales of The Circus and has sold over twice as many copies as RKTVS - so both sides have done well out of the reunion (both artistically and financially).

I didn't even want Rob to join but I see it has been good to them both. I must admit - having seen Take That's last three tours (each one far superior to the one before) I'd decided not to see them this time (nothing to do with Rob - I've just outgrown them a bit). However - from listening to the Progress album - I wish I'd made an effort to get tickets now - I think Rob on board will be fabulous.

Oh - and for those saying Rob hogs most of the vocals (not true actually as Mark Owen has almost as much time) its probably because the songs suit his voice more than Gary Barlow's. Barlow is no fool - he knows having Rob on board makes sense. After they both go on to do things separately (although the door is open for Rob to join them at any time again in the future) it makes Take That - if not more liked by Rob fans - at least less hated - and it has won Rob back some Take That fans that he lost over the years.

I can't help but agree with JonDoe though - there are better musical acts out there to listen to.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    cm1992 wrote: »
    I thought they were making good progress together. Guess it shows it only takes a minute for them to change their minds. I bet Robbie used to pray to be back in the group. But everything changes. And sure, it wasn't comfirmed they were back for good, so we will have to have some patience and wait for Robbie to show how deep is his love for Take That. He was the only one to shine this time round. He thought he could rule the world with the X Factor appearances. It was probably one of his greatest days but he will song be up all night with Gary making his decision. There I said it all. I hope I don't get a flood of bad comments:)

Great post.:D

I think Robbie should stay, Progress is by far their most creative and forward-thinking album.:)