Options

Have you ever been banned from any forums/groups/websites etc?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    laura_saulafanlaura_saulafan Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was banned from a site called posh perfecation cant remmber why tho

nerally been banned from a site called freedom of speach

I've been banned from there about 15 times, back in the day. Its a truely shite forum full of nutters.

Been banned from here about 6 times, the longest was for like two weeks. They were daft reasons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a few over the years and for various reasons, but never for anything serious.

I was suspended from here last year for making taking part in a thread that contained 'near the edge' humour.

The strangest one was Channel 4 forums about 3 years ago - I made a joke about a contestant from Big Brother. One of the obsessives reported me for being 'nasty' about their chosen housemate, and I was suspended.:rolleyes:

I was finally banned from the same forums for being 'homophobic'...due to someone misinterpreting my posts and reporting me.
    Even after I clearly explained I wasn't homophobic, clearly explained what my 'offensive posts' meant and explained I'm a gay bloke myself so had logical experience of what I was saying, the moderators obviously couldn't be bothered to see a different point of view other than the 10-16yrs age group that place usually attracts.

Oh, teh funniest one was being banned from a technical forum for not being technical minded enough and asking too many questions.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BitOfALad wrote: »
    .:rolleyes:

I was finally banned from the same forums for being 'homophobic'...due to someone misinterpreting my posts and reporting me.

I had something similar in the dr who forum

Thread at tthe time was about the doctor regenerating into a female timelord, this is what I had posted
    This story of the next doctor, could have an very twisted ending

The female doctor gets a male companion, they fall in love, the doctor gets injured and regenerates back into male timelord. His companion is horrified, and feels sick

For this reason, I dont see the doctor changing sex, it would not work out for anyone, companion or the doctor

Now Here is the following reply, I got no ban but he thought I was homophobic
    Only if this imaginary companion was as homophobic as you clearly are
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    BitOfALad wrote: »
    Oh, teh funniest one was being banned from a technical forum for not being technical minded enough and asking too many questions.:rolleyes:

Now that is crap.

SomethingAwful forums also have a sh*t list of various reasons for being banned.
  • Options
    Small LESmall LE Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I was banned for life from a forum once.
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been banned from a forum i will not mention.

I ip banned myself once lol on a forum i admin had to use a proxy to unban myself.

nobody knows there so dont tell :D
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does being banned from Ebay count? If so I have unfortunately.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Does being banned from Ebay count? If so I have unfortunately.

What did you do to be banned from eBay?
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    I had one or two warnings on here but never banned. Last time i got a warning though i should have spoken to the mods as they thought i had said something terrible. I had said I was glad I could watch BBC1 London on Sky right after 7/7 for local news and they thought i had said i was glad it had happened! Looking back I should have tried to clarify but I think that was the last time i even got a warning anywhere.
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been banned from there about 15 times, back in the day. Its a truely shite forum full of nutters.

Been banned from here about 6 times, the longest was for like two weeks. They were daft reasons.

Daft reasons indeed. At least for me they were. The first ban was for calling Mario [Nintendo's mascot] a bad word, that got me a two day ban. Then in another thread I gave my views and experiances on the vermin some call Gypo's. That got me a six day ban.

At no point in my entire time spent on DS have I ever attacked another poster on this forum, I have given my view and I have defended myself from attacks and got punished. And the little turds that started it are still roaming here free to do as they please. Seems like incompetence in modding AND IF IT ISN'T THAT then it is favouratism of some sort.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackrew wrote: »
    sometimes though mods are like that. They can't be bothered to sort out the people or persons that are casuing the trouble and just want it to go ignored so when someone reports it instead of sorting it out they ban the person who reported it, so they dont have to sort it out.

what made me so mad about my ban is i'm a big Doctor Who, fan and I got banned on the same day as the news that Doctor Who was coming back was announced so needles to say I was rather miffed that I couldn't post on the doctor who forums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been banned from a forum because of something that went on between myself and another member away from the forums. That person is cyber mates with a moderator so i suspect thats why i was banned. I never caused any trouble or broke any of the rules, what had gone on between me and this person had nothing to do with the forum. I can't help but feel bitter that i was banned as i find it very unfair and an abuse of power. However i really doubt i'm missing much as the forum was a bit dull:p