James Arthur's Fall Begins....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot see him on their playlist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

(I know I may be mistaken, so where did you see he was on the playlist?)

That's this week's playlist, they bring out a new playlist on Wed stating which songs they'll play next week. Buzzjack have him listed on the C list for next week.
  • Options
    RidolfoRidolfo Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    yeah but 22 of those above are the new Robbie Williams album

:D:D:D
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah but 22 of those above are the new Robbie Williams album

Oh dear, I guess we've found out who's next on James's hit list, then. ;)

On topic: 22 versions might be pushing it. I count 3. And as there are no other multiples above James, and he's now at 31, it's fairly obvious that he's going to fall out of the top 10, possibly even the top 15, come Sunday.

So, not a complete fallacy. :p
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's this week's playlist, they bring out a new playlist on Wed stating which songs they'll play next week. Buzzjack have him listed on the C list for next week.

Thank you - I knew I must have been looking at the wrong thing :D
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Good on him for speaking his mind & ruffling some feathers, nice to see someone who is not a yes man, total respect.

Mate here's the thing, the whole rock n roll attitude lifestyle became invalid to James Arthur once he appeared on X Factor, no so called 'real' or 'credible rocker' would go on the show. The likes of Oasis/Sex Pistols or what not all knew what they were doing.

Arthur doesn't and he'll just fade away into obscurity.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iTunes isn't particularly significant with albums. Physical sales outnumber iTunes by over 2:1 e.g. JLS Greatest Hits is #45 on iTunes, but they're #4 in the midweeks.
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I find the level of support he gets from young girls depressing. That'll just give him more ammunition to use his social networking accounts to groom them...
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    lol....his album is still top 10 in the midweeks.

iTunes positions don't matter because the vast majority of people still purchase albums in physical form.

His next single is playlisted by Radio 1 and was played on Capital yesterday afternoon.

Don;t let the facts stop ya from hatin', though.....:D
  • Options
    IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruebin 1
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    lol....his album is still top 10 in the midweeks.

iTunes positions don't matter because the vast majority of people still purchase albums in physical form.

His next single is playlisted by Radio 1 and was played on Capital yesterday afternoon.

Don;t let the facts stop ya from hatin', though.....:D

Not hating in the slightest, just pointing out some facts of my own. His album has dropped out of the top 30 in iTunes. Physicals count for more, sure, but that's still a big drop by anyone's standards.

If he is top 10 come Sunday then fair enough, I will duly admit I was wrong.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the British Azealia Banks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His boyfriend won't be too pleased when he heard what he said
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 1m
    It's hard not to be childish sometimes when society is such a playground right now. #LOVE JA HQ

Now he's speaking with the HQ tag
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind people sticking their head above the "parapet" a bit .we all cant be clones as long as there is a point to be made i understand it
    JA just seems to lack any sort of "social tact" ..and is not making any point what so ever.
    I agree that in the short term it will probably make no difference to his sales..i just dont see how he can maintain a sucessful career without being able to recognise ..basic human interaction

It's not just social tact. It's any sort of respect for anyone, it seems. That guy is seriously self-absorbed and he's the one playing victim, not Spraggan. It's embarrassing.

Annoyingly those tweets someone posted earlier seem to have been deleted. Don't suppose anyone screencapped them?
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    It's not just social tact. It's any sort of respect for anyone, it seems. That guy is seriously self-absorbed and he's the one playing victim, not Spraggan. It's embarrassing.

Annoyingly those tweets someone posted earlier seem to have been deleted. Don't suppose anyone screencapped them?

They all get instantly RT'd all over the place so deleting them is a bit ineffectual. Unreality TV grabbed them and has already reported on it all, ending with:
    We can’t imagine that James’ label bosses will be overly amused that he’s stepped out of line and got involved in ANOTHER argument. Maybe it’s time his Twitter was closed down altogether, as this can’t be doing his public image or reputation much good.

For the man who wanted to be known for his music, he’s getting involved in a lot of silly dramas!
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah thanks. I saw the Spraggan tweet when I was on the train but wanted to catch up with the rest :)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was his falling out with Union J about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame there aren't more Macklemores in the industry.

I wonder what will happen if Macklemore see what is happening says something.......
    He could get the domino effect. When one major person comments on him and other take notice and start to comment too.

It happened with Blurred Lines with the lyrics......
    Edit: Even though Blurred Lines sold loads, it will be remembered as the song that had those kind of lyrics.

And if JA carries on he is not going to be remembered for his music.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was his falling out with Union J about?

It was about Boy Bands and when he started fighting with the young girls that support One Direction. One of the guys in Union J was naturally upset that his so called friend was running them down. However the Union J guy said what he wanted and left it that he had better things to do then get into a Twitter slanging match and said he was turning his phone off. Good response. It is rather strange for a man of 25 to want to fight with the young girls who follow 1 Direction. To be quite honest, the same goes for his twitter abuse to Lucy Spraggan. It does not say much for the male if he needs to act in an aggressive manner (whether it be verbal, tweeting or physical) towards women.
  • Options
    bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Mate here's the thing, the whole rock n roll attitude lifestyle became invalid to James Arthur once he appeared on X Factor, no so called 'real' or 'credible rocker' would go on the show. The likes of Oasis/Sex Pistols or what not all knew what they were doing.

Arthur doesn't and he'll just fade away into obscurity.

You are correct on saying no credible artist would appear on x factor, it's a karaoke show with joke acts but the Sex Pistols were as manufactured as One Direction, the only difference is they spat & swore, a boyband in safety pins.Now The Stranglers & The Clash were the real deal:)
  • Options
    RidolfoRidolfo Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    It is rather strange for a man of 25 to want to fight with the young girls who follow 1 Direction. To be quite honest, the same goes for his twitter abuse to Lucy Spraggan. It does not say much for the male if he needs to act in an aggressive manner (whether it be verbal, tweeting or physical) towards women.

I'm not at all sure what age and gender differences have to do with the price of tea in China here.:confused:

But since you've raised the issue, surely many others find it 'rather strange' that 40 and 50-something women feel compelled to follow with such relish the ins and outs of 'twitter wars' between (barely) post-adolescent males who have gained notoriety on reality TV?
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridolfo wrote: »
    I'm not at all sure what age and gender differences have to do with the price of tea in China here.:confused:

But since you've raised the issue, surely many others find it 'rather strange' that 40 and 50-something women feel compelled to follow with such relish the ins and outs of 'twitter wars' between (barely) post-adolescent males who have gained notoriety on reality TV?

25 is not barely post adolescent. What is the average age of a 1 Direction fan, emphasising average? With regards finding it offensive for a man to be abusive towards a woman, whether verbal, physical or by twitter,it basically shows a lack of manners, courtesy and respect.

Still if James Arthur and how he conducts himself on twitter, in an interview or his attempts to rap is what is classed as acceptable, then why are so many offended? Not just middle aged women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Is the buffoon back on Twitter then?

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 1m
    @lspraggan then I said.. You've already dissapeared.. You are deluded and you know exactly what you're doing. #attentionseeker #victim

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but did James actually tag a post to Lucy #victim? Really??
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His cries of being "real and honest" would have more credibility if he didn't delete his tweets moments later when he (or his management) had had some time to reflect on them.