Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see how you can have this view. Today's episode opened the door into the Karl and Susan split! Which hasn't really been explained greatly. Also beginning to give Malcolm his own storyline. And finally someone finds out about mark. What more do you want in 22minutes!

I agree. Some of Neighbours best strengths shone brightly today. Anyone who couldn't see that... well either they don't 'get' Neighbours anymore or they've just gone off it. :confused:
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    I agree. Some of Neighbours best strengths shone brightly today. Anyone who couldn't see that... well either they don't 'get' Neighbours anymore or they've just gone off it. :confused:

I was totally caught by Karl's emotional response to Susan in the sitting room and Callum's and Sonya's emotional responses to each other. Powerful stuff today. A good episode.
  • Options
    gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    That's just one Aspect of it. Mark left under a new ID on witness protection and Kate nearly went with him. He might not even be dead at all. I strongly suspect that the Police used that as a cover to stop Kate from contacting him and jeopardising his cover. I don't think Toadie is in on that if it's true.

No Toadie is not in on the cover up.

Exactly. Mark will still be in witness protection. His 'death' is just a cover up to keep him safe.

They have to make it look like Mark's dead, to get the corrupt cops of his back It allows Mark to give evidence in the corruption trial.. The "Contact Mark Brennan's family" line, which Toadie overheard, which was spoken by Mark's colleague, will have been a set up for Toadie to hear. Toadie would be bound by all sorts of legal stuff and told not to repeat things he hears at the station but they would also know that he couldn't ignore such things and not tell anyone, so in letting the story slip the cops know Kate will get the story and it stops her trying to contact Mark and arrousing suspision to his wereabouts. It also builds suspense for mysterious things to happen future storylines that hint to Kate that Mark's actually alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilly1981 wrote: »
    No Toadie is not in on the cover up.

Exactly. Mark will still be in witness protection. His 'death' is just a cover up to keep him safe.

They have to make it look like Mark's dead, to get the corrupt cops of his back It allows Mark to give evidence in the corruption trial.. The "Contact Mark Brennan's family" line, which Toadie overheard, which was spoken by Mark's colleague, will have been a set up for Toadie to hear. Toadie would be bound by all sorts of legal stuff and told not to repeat things he hears at the station but they would also know that he couldn't ignore such things and not tell anyone, so in letting the story slip the cops know Kate will get the story and it stops her trying to contact Mark and arrousing suspision to his wereabouts. It also builds suspense for mysterious things to happen future storylines that hint to Kate that Mark's actually alive.

All very exciting and intriguing ay.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    They should never ever bring Mark back, what a boring character - people only liked him because he was fit, he's so boring.
    Rhys is much better, more complex and loving how he's already slotted into the street, brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    They should never ever bring Mark back, what a boring character - people only liked him because he was fit, he's so boring.
    Rhys is much better, more complex and loving how he's already slotted into the street, brilliant.

I agree. Not into Mark at all.

Loving Rhys...like Tash, he is a deep and complex character...makes for more interesting viewing.
  • Options
    gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »

Rhys is dull.

Mark wasn't boring. They needed to explore his background and family more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhys is intriguing, it seems there's more to him than meets the eye whereas Mark was just straight-forward and dull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched yesterdays ep and some of callum's conspiracy theories for mark, the average police detective, were hilarious! black ops overseas lol :D

Why do i get the feeling that kate finding out about mark and the reprocussions are going to take over most of next week...
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Rhys is dull.

You only say that because you seem to worship him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhys is dull.

I am afraid your obsession is bordering on weird, I seem to remember that the guy who played him has told you personally via twitter that he is never coming back, get over it please
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    Blimey another episode tugging at the heart strings today.

On Apple watch, I noticed that Chris was using a dirty PC. I wonder if it's like on 24, where all the goodies use Apples and all the baddies use PC's :)
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Sorry miles but yet again we will have to agree to disagree, I found today's to be quite boring apart from Susan and Karl, I might have missed something but why has Callum suddenly got a thing about Brennan? I also don't like the Mal/Jade thing going on

I wondered the same thing? Why are Toadie, Sonya and Callum making such a meal out of him being dead? I thought they only knew him through Kate, or did I miss something too? Why would they be so distraught?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered the same thing? Why are Toadie, Sonya and Callum making such a meal out of him being dead? I thought they only knew him through Kate, or did I miss something too? Why would they be so distraught?

Perhaps someone could let us know
  • Options
    Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark stayed with Toadie for a few days, while his place was being fumigated and Callum bonded with him. This occurred shortly after Callum found out about Sonya being his mother. Mark took Callum to the police station for the day during one episode (http://www.neighboursepisodes.com/index.php?year=2011&episode=6143).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    Mark stayed with Toadie for a few days, while his place was being fumigated and Callum bonded with him. This occurred shortly after Callum found out about Sonya being his mother. Mark took Callum to the police station for the day during one episode.

OK thanks
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    Mark stayed with Toadie for a few days, while his place was being fumigated and Callum bonded with him. This occurred shortly after Callum found out about Sonya being his mother. Mark took Callum to the police station for the day during one episode (http://www.neighboursepisodes.com/index.php?year=2011&episode=6143).

Yes I remember that, but would that result in them planting a tree in his memory and sobbing helplessly on the sofa? Not sure I would react like that to people I shared a flat with for years, let alone a week or two?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I remember that, but would that result in them planting a tree in his memory and sobbing helplessly on the sofa? Not sure I would react like that to people I shared a flat with for years, let alone a week or two?

Exactly what I thought, it was a really OTT reaction, maybe I am heartless
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,750
    Forum Member
    Exactly what I thought, it was a really OTT reaction, maybe I am heartless
    Actually, Mark and Toadie became mates first through their professional careers, and then through Lucas. He stayed with Toadie for a week, until they clashed. When Toadie first learned of his death, his reaction was realistic (I don't remember anyone saying otherwise).

Callum bonded with Mark when he moved into #30, and it was that day that Mark took him to the police station that Callum started to look up to him. Mark helped him deal with the Sonya revelation, and from then on Callum looked to him as a role model of thoughts. So, Callum's reaction is spot on, and believable, IMO.

The story has been left for several months without a mention, and I had completely forgotten about it, and Sonya & Toadie's reaction do feel slightly OTT now, considering the amount of time has passed. I guess, Sonya & Toadie are caught up in the tragedy of the situation and the fact they can't tell Kate that the man she loved is dead. Although, Sonya blubbing like that may also have been brought on by the fact she'd just learned that the K's have split up...?
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine reckons a big storyline for 2012 would be Paul and Susan having a hot affair.

I agree Paul needs a woman in his life, but I prefer Karl and Susan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Actually, Mark and Toadie became mates first through their professional careers, and then through Lucas. He stayed with Toadie for a week, until they clashed. When Toadie first learned of his death, his reaction was realistic (I don't remember anyone saying otherwise).

Callum bonded with Mark when he moved into #30, and it was that day that Mark took him to the police station that Callum started to look up to him. Mark helped him deal with the Sonya revelation, and from then on Callum looked to him as a role model of thoughts. So, Callum's reaction is spot on, and believable, IMO.

The story has been left for several months without a mention, and I had completely forgotten about it, and Sonya & Toadie's reaction do feel slightly OTT now, considering the amount of time has passed. I guess, Sonya & Toadie are caught up in the tragedy of the situation and the fact they can't tell Kate that the man she loved is dead. Although, Sonya blubbing like that may also have been brought on by the fact she'd just learned that the K's have split up...?

I think Sonya is the type to get carried away into a tragedy. She is very empathetic imo and so is crying for Brennan, Kate and her son, who seemed to have bonded with him. Also she had been forced to lie to Callum again which I think was a big issue for her given their history.
    Toadies reaction was believable and so was Callums. Callum has had so much to deal with, knowing someone he looked up to has died and that its someone who meant alot to Sophie and Kate is bound to effect him.

Dreading Kates reaction! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a tedious episode today, Kate's throwing herself at strange hat wearing boy who looks more like Sophie every day and I will say it again I am glad Rhys isn't my Doctor, he is sly and manipulative all over a bbq.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a tedious episode today, Kate's throwing herself at strange hat wearing boy who looks more like Sophie every day and I will say it again I am glad Rhys isn't my Doctor, he is sly and manipulative all over a bbq.

As a none-Kate fan, I actually quite enjoyed her today...all very believable, it has to be said. That Noah...what a naughty boy.:)

As for Rhys...I love him. Interesting and intriguing. He reminds me of Mike in a way...looks wise.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    As a none-Kate fan, I actually quite enjoyed her today...all very believable, it has to be said. That Noah...what a naughty boy.:)

As for Rhys...I love him. Interesting and intriguing. He reminds me of Mike in a way...looks wise.

Yep Noah is a naughty naughty boy :D

I have to say I like Rhys, he is arragant and sly but I like him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I have to say I like Rhys, he is arragant and sly but I like him :D

I do. I think he works well because everything he says/does is tongue in cheek isn't it.
This discussion has been closed.